Watchable telly

dog

12 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

I almost finished Blue Lights and was so disappointed.

The first one was great, but this is all love plots and little action.

And the acting is a lower standard than the first one.

It felt like I was watching The Bill (Northern Ireland).

I believe they have already commissioned seasons 3 and 4.

I won't be watching.

Mrs Badger may be.

Then again, she liked Bergerac.

What a shame. Richard Dormer was always going to be a big loss. I’ve only seen one episode of the second series.

51 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

What a shame. Richard Dormer was always going to be a big loss. I’ve only seen one episode of the second series.

It's a pretty major issue for a series when you kill off by far the best character at the end of the first series….

13 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

In that case I’ll add it to the ol’ watchlist 👍🏻

Definitely better than Kin for me. 

Found Kin slightly monotous...(especially the lead woman's voice!). Seemed more and more unrealistic as it went on but with no humour or distraction. 

Love/Hate has more varied characters and feels like it has different tones and the vibe moves around more.

Really enjoyed Fallout in the end. Great visually for me.

Love the 50s vibe, mixed in with different eras of technology (is it almost 'steampunk'?).

Has an awful lot of ways it could go. Jumps back and forth ...in time,  over/under ground,  different storylines. Just has that opportunity to really follow different threads.

One of my favourites of the year definitely and I know very little of the game except what the kids have said before.

I wonder if anyone can remember a 6 series drama programme in the 90s(I think)where it started with a woman having a car crash, It told her story, Following on from the car crash the story followed someone who was impacted from the crash, Their story impacted someone else and so on and so on for the 6 series, It was a fascinating watch, It showed how something so innocuous has such a devasting impact of peoples lives by one small incident at the start. 

But the ending was quite amazing(I know what happened at the end) can anyone remember this series?

Edited by Ram-Alf

1 hour ago, Ram-Alf said:

I wonder if anyone can remember a 6 series drama programme in the 90s(I think)where it started with a woman having a car crash, It told her story, Following on from the car crash the story followed someone who was impacted from the crash, Their story impacted someone else and so on and so on for the 6 series, It was a fascinating watch, It showed how something so innocuous has such a devasting impact of peoples lives by one small incident at the start. 

But the ending was quite amazing(I know what happened at the end) can anyone remember this series?

Was it American, or British? Or maybe somewhere else?

19 hours ago, Eddie said:

Ripley (Netflix)

Really good - Andrew Scott is a much, much better Tom Ripley (in my opinion) than Matt Damon.

Halfway through and really enjoying it.  Agree, Scott is extraordinarily good as Ripley, the use of the eyes, the faintest of expressions, the body language all used to exceptional effect.  Miles better than Damon's interpretation.

19 hours ago, Eddie said:

Ripley (Netflix)

Really good - Andrew Scott is a much, much better Tom Ripley (in my opinion) than Matt Damon.

I wonder if I'm missing something with this.

I thought the acting was first-rate as was the cinematography. But it was slower than Kenny Burns after 12 pints, and 3 steak pies. 

We watched to the end of episode four I think. Did it get better? Or do we just disagree what better is?

1 hour ago, Bob The Badger said:

I wonder if I'm missing something with this.

I thought the acting was first-rate as was the cinematography. But it was slower than Kenny Burns after 12 pints, and 3 steak pies. 

We watched to the end of episode four I think. Did it get better? Or do we just disagree what better is?

It's definitely a 'slow burner'. After the likes of 'Kin' and 'Baby Reindeer', slow is a pleasant change. As an arthritic sepuagenarian, I would not have fancied those steps.