Watchable telly

dog

OK, I think we all need a laugh right now!

I've just discovered Starstruck. First proper laugh-out-loud comedy I have seen in a couple of years. It's about a woman who has a one night stand with famous actor and their subsequent on-off relationship.

Rose Matafeo writes and stars. What a talent she is. 

Find it on BBC iPlayer.

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

Enjoying series two of The Righteous Gemstones on Sky.

Wonderfully silly comedy about a dysfunctional family that has made its wealth collecting from their congregation in the Bible Belt.

Makes me laugh anyway ?

I liked the first series and will check that out after I've finished The Sinner and watched Responder.

3 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Ray Donovan - formulaic Hollywood garbage with all bar John Voight sleepwalking from one repetitive episode to the next. As with most Showtime output, very much a case of style over substance. A Poundland Sopranos. 

Clod on ketamine /10

You don't make it sound very 'watchable'.

4 hours ago, Rev said:

REACHER.

Everything I'd hoped it would be.

Big, brash and faithful to the book.

Binged it in 24 hrs, it won't win any awards, but then again it doesn't set out to do anything but entertain, and it delivered for me. 

Only one episode in, but pleased with it so far. Even the locations look the same as I imagined them when reading . Will watch one each night this week. That's binging by my standards. Would normally only watch one a week.

14 hours ago, Rev said:

REACHER.

Binged it in 24 hrs, it won't win any awards, but then again it doesn't set out to do anything but entertain, and it delivered for me. 

How coincidental. I stumbled across this and watched it all in one sitting. Wasn’t trying to be too clever, kept it simple. Few things still unanswered, unless i missed it! Was disappointed with the predictable double cross! 

9 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

How coincidental. I stumbled across this and watched it all in one sitting. Wasn’t trying to be too clever, kept it simple. Few things still unanswered, unless i missed it! Was disappointed with the predictable double cross! 

It was very true to the book though, which I'm sure I read you were a fan of.

Maybe that was why it was predictable?

4 minutes ago, Rev said:

It was very true to the book though, which I'm sure I read you were a fan of.

Maybe that was why it was predictable?

Nah. Not read Reacher. Read a lot of Private Series by James Paterson and have a couple of Alex Cross to read. Read some of the Bourne-related books ages back too. 

4 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Nah. Not read Reacher. Read a lot of Private Series by James Paterson and have a couple of Alex Cross to read. Read some of the Bourne-related books ages back too. 

I must have mixed you up with someone else then! 

The early Reachers are very good, then it becomes a bit formulaic deeper into the series, as these things do.

I've read a couple of the Alex Cross novels too, and enjoyed them. 

Perfect holiday reading.

On 06/02/2022 at 22:41, Rev said:

REACHER.

Only watched the first couple of episodes and really enjoyed it - and nice to have someone of the correct stature for the main role - he may not be the greatest actor, but he's far more believable than little Tommy Cruise....

On 06/02/2022 at 13:57, Premier ram said:

Enjoying Trigger Point , Vicky McClure excellent again , and if its a laugh you want Would I Lie To You never fails to deliver

Not seen Trigger Point, thanks for heads up. I agree with Would I Lie to You. Banter between Mitchell, Mack, Brydon and guests is great.

7 hours ago, JoetheRam said:

Watched Jimmy Carr - His Dark Materials on Netflix a few weeks back.

I found it pretty tame to be honest and pondered when exactly Carr lost his edge.

But this week apparently it's the most sickening thing since sliced bread.

I thought it deserved all the backlash it received. If that set had been delivered by Jim Davidson it wouldn't have lasted five minutes before being taken down. Just because he positioned it as 'ironic' that makes it OK to make jokes about rape and the Holocaust? Really thought it was very poor and it should be a career ender for him.

On 06/02/2022 at 22:41, Rev said:

REACHER.

Next on my watchlist due to start tonight having just finished Ozark.  Read all the books so good to hear.  Tom Cruise as Reacher was laughable considering he's nearly a foot shorter than the character.