V Sheffield United (a) match day thread

RiddingsRam

1 minute ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

We need creativity, Bryson offers none and Wilson at Cm and Waghorn on the wing will offer us much more attacking threat.

I would make that change a little later. I wouldn't change it at half time.

Bryson still has more to give in that midfield. Wilson needs space, so the middle is risky for him and Mount has creativity for the both of them. Bryson wins the ball and keeps it in the marginal areas turning defensive plays into attacking ones.

Let's not be hasty. We looked good before the goal

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

He's covered a lot of ground, been involved up front and in defence. Closed down lots. 

What has Huddlestone done?

Put the best through ball in of the game and created our best chance? That alone is more valuable than anything done by Bryson.

Just now, Millenniumram said:

Created what should have been a certain goal, the best chance of the match?

So, he's put one ball in through the middle. He's not there when there's passing out from the back, he's not there to close down and tackle (once I think) he's not there in the air. But hurrah one ball ala Rowett-play through the middle. Yeah that's enough init.

I looked up from my iPad to check the latest scores on BBC Final Score and Sheff Utd had scored before I'd seen it on my live action of the game on Sky Go live........I had to take several looks at my empty bottles of Cava, Innes & Gunn Red, West St Mungo Lager and all the rest, thinking is it me or is it the world having a pop at me once again, and then Sky commentators tell me when Billy Sharp scores they haven't lost for 42 games...............drink I need more drink......I need drink now.

We can Build on this......or at least I can build on the empty bottles going out the back and the full bottles coming in.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

So, he's put one ball in through the middle. He's not there when there's passing out from the back, he's not there to close down and tackle (once I think) he's not there in the air. But hurrah one ball ala Rowett-play through the middle. Yeah that's enough init.

Ain’t even gonna dignify that with a reply

1 minute ago, Tombo said:

I would make that change a little later. I wouldn't change it at half time.

Bryson still has more to give in that midfield. Wilson needs space, so the middle is risky for him and Mount has creativity for the both of them. Bryson wins the ball and keeps it in the marginal areas turning defensive plays into attacking ones.

Let's not be hasty. We looked good before the goal

We beat them at Pride Park  with Wilson in at CM 3 1,  we need to play as attacking as possible , our defence is sloppy so we will never be solid , so our only hope of winning this is through fast and attacking football not 6 yard sideways passes.

Memo to Derby fans..... If you have a pop at a leading scorer with twelve before scoring against us, please wait till final whistle? 

We are better side here, Lino obviously had a few sherbets prior to game, two clear onsides he flagged 

4 minutes ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

We beat them at Pride Park  with Wilson in at CM 3 1,  we need to play as attacking as possible , our defence is sloppy so we will never be solid , so our only hope of winning this is through fast and attacking football not 6 yard sideways passes.

If your only understanding of football is more attacking players on the pitch means more attacking, I don't know what to tell you.

Archived