V Sheffield United (a) match day thread

RiddingsRam

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Looks like we are going to be weak on the wings today. I suppose Wilson is going to have to help alot defensively with whoever is playing LB and zoon doesnt help at all defensively.

Hopefully Bryson can have a better game in the middle today as well.

Now one thing that would make sense is for Jozefzoon to at least be on the right...

Mark my words, he’ll be on the left

9 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Can’t for the life of me understand why Waghorn is on the bench but hey I’m no manager 

I think the thought process is that he wanted Bryson back in to be a bit more solid and combative in midfield. That displaces Wilson who he feels will play at his best on the right cutting in and he wants someone on the left to cut in. 

I'm not saying I agree with it but I can see the thinking.

1 minute ago, brady1993 said:

I think the thought process is that he wanted Bryson back in to be a bit more solid and combative in midfield. That displaces Wilson who he feels will play at his best on the right cutting in and he wants someone on the left to cut in. 

I'm not saying I agree with it but I can see the thinking.

I would have played Evans and Hudders in a holding 2, with Wilson, Mount and Waggers in a 3 ahead of them with Marriott up top....

4 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I would have played Evans and Hudders in a holding 2, with Wilson, Mount and Waggers in a 3 ahead of them with Marriott up top....

Personally I think Huddlestone gets more exposed in a holding two than a one as strange as that might sound. As the sole holding player you can just in front of the centre backs and occupy that space. In a holding two you need to press a bit more and actually get forward a bit more to help transition play which is where Huddlestone can get caught out. 

If we were to deploy a high press with that midfield, I think we'd end up getting pulled out of position too easily.

3 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Same here. Mount is wasted on the half way line, he needs to be as high up the pitch as possible where he can impact games. 

9 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Now one thing that would make sense is for Jozefzoon to at least be on the right...

Mark my words, he’ll be on the left

If we play Jozefzoon on the same side as a stand in left back we are just shooting ourselves in both feet. Hopefully Shef Utd dont have any good wingers.

Not sure about the waghorn call but I’m guessing it’s either fitness related or Lampard wants a bit more mobility in the centre of the park by bringing Bryson in.

He doesn’t have much choice at LB either drop a youngster in or put a senior pro there out of position, neither is an ideal option and both carry risk.

Archived