V Bristol City (h) match day thread

RiddingsRam

4 hours ago, Ruda Harliss said:

Erm, no Tim Bucktoo’s reply was irony. Anyways you’re right you can’t tell people to support a game , just like you can’t tell a. P1sshead on the last night bus home to stop annoying everyone as he paid his fair etc.etc.

i have a bloke who sits behind me and spends his 90 minutes moaning about how rubbish it is, how boring it is , how poor keogh is ?, how crap everyone is, to the point  that I’m gonna move seats next season as I can’t take anymore. If it’s so bad STAY AT HOME!! He is spoiling the game for me and my lad. So excuse me if I get wound up to find that when I read the forum and see more negativity.

I took my eldest lad to watch Aberdeen 3-2 Livingston last Tuesday and sat in the Merkland Stand (the family stand) and realy enjoyed the game but unfortunately 2 men arrived late missing the first two goals, and then they sat and stood up and down in front of us blocking our view of the game constantly swearing in a vile manner and berating the players, and the manager of the team they so called supported and unfortunately we are surrounded by so many people that act in this way or support this behaviour and stick up for it and some how think because they've paid their money they can do whatever they want and when you watch the highlights on TV is there any wonder why football is played in so many empty stadiums or are we only to believe it's down to football tickets being too expensive.

I asked my eldest lad if he wanted to go and watch Aberdeen 2-0 Hearts yesterday or go to the cinema and watch Wreck it Ralph breaks the Internet with the rest of the family, he chose the cinema, which didn't suprise me. So we went along to that, where families come in late for the film, get in the way, constantly wriggle in their seats, leave pop corn all over the place with all their rubbish and leave like a load of sheep all rushing and pushing to get out before the final whistle, sorry as soon as the end credits start.

So when you have 29,000 Victor Meldrews in a ground and a 1,000 fans singing and supporting in the South Stand, I for one wish for Christmas that we could have 29,000 fans singing and supporting in the ground and a 1,000 others opting to go to the Cinema instead to fall over their own rubbish instead of doing their best to get Frank and Jody and the team to move else where in the search for success.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

So when you have 29,000 Victor Meldrews in a ground and a 1,000 fans singing and supporting in the South Stand, I for one wish for Christmas that we could have 29,000 fans singing and supporting in the ground and a 1,000 others opting to go to the Cinema instead to fall over their own rubbish instead of doing their best to get Frank and Jody and the team to move else where in the search for success.

Were you there yesterday ? Thought not ! The South Stand were quiet a lot of the time and a significant amount of the mass cheering started elsewhere. If YOU are going to moan at least get things right.

18 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

? we’re lucky to get 100 singing in the shhhhhhhouth stand !!!! 

Agree though we need more singing and getting involved 

In fairness, the last Saturday before Xmas is historically synonymous with a lower home attendance and quieter home crowd.

It was quieter all around yesterday, but surely nobody was surprised?

... That's no excuse for the ripple of boo's at the final whistle though.  Have they all been watching Sunderland 'til I die?   

I really don't mind the team keeping possession of the ball. The notion that if we're not blowing teams away with Stella football then we're rubbish, lacking urgency or "passion" is irritating, especially as they'd been told to do that, probably after spending all the forest match lumping it a week of keep control of the ball revision.

It doesn't always go your way, Bristol might not be a great team but they were also taking part and trying to get something from the match.

In a lot of ways mac1 was the worst thing to happen to our fanbase, who now seem to regard anything less as an insult.

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Didn't get to the match yesterday.

Mixed signals about how it went. 

On the few occasions Sky commented on the match, it seemed to suggest we were all over them.

On here it seems to suggest they had plenty of chances and a draw was maybe a fair result?

Draw was fair, we dominated most of the match without actually creating that much, gifted Bristol a few opportunities as well as the goal. There's plenty of frustration but we weren't bad at all.

4 hours ago, RamNut said:

Again....ed dawes: " the goal came from a keogh error. Same old story"

Not sure what the worst part of that is. The same old story, or the fact it wasn't entirely his error. Tomori was just as at fault as Keogh, lost out in the initial header, didn't follow him so was wrong side of him, stopped running when Keogh headed the ball and got in the way of Bogle when he tried to clear. 

1 minute ago, rynny said:

Not sure what the worst part of that is. The same old story, or the fact it wasn't entirely his error. Tomori was just as at fault as Keogh, lost out in the initial header, didn't follow him so was wrong side of him, stopped running when Keogh headed the ball and got in the way of Bogle when he tried to clear. 

The same old story might be us gifting oppo goals early in games?

On Radio Derby, when I listen to the commentary, then read reports on here of those who went to the games, the two sources seemed reasonably well alligned.

I actually enjoy listening to two fans commentate on the match and their rollercoaster of emotions makes it entertaining. Think Craig and Ed can be pretty funny too, often taking the P out of themselves or each other.

Think we do well in getting independent voices through the club's paid commentary.

31 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Lots of talk about Keogh’s mistake from the usual suspects but not much about his full length goal saving block. I wonder why!

The usual Keogh haters couldn't get to their keyboards fast enough to tell everyone he'd dropped a clanger and it's high time we got rid. Shall we get shut of Mount and Tomori at the same time - they both made a howler of a mistake but were lucky enough to get away with them?

No, we'll turn a blind eye to them and just vent our spleen on RK - the only defender on the books prepared to regularly drive forward from the back in an attempt to inject some urgency into our play. The manager recognises his importance to the team and I'd much prefer to go with his assessment of his value to the squad than a few of our so-called "supporters". Support? They don't know the meaning of the word!

9 minutes ago, rynny said:

The worst part of it is Dawes is wrong. (What a surprise!) I heard it and then he seemed to try and encourage Ramage/et al to join in with the anti-Keogh rant. 

When I saw the goal on Sky it was very obvious what an appalling match commentator Dawes really is.

3 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

On Radio Derby, when I listen to the commentary, then read reports on here of those who went to the games, the two sources seemed reasonably well alligned.

I actually enjoy listening to two fans commentate on the match and their rollercoaster of emotions makes it entertaining. Think Craig and Ed can be pretty funny too, often taking the P out of themselves or each other.

Think we do well in getting independent voices through the club's paid commentary.

I stopped listening to them last season. I can't deal with the hysterics when the opposition has the ball just inside our half, how they can go from Derby are dominating to being dominated and back again in 2 minutes, in the first 5 minutes of the game saying that Derby need to improve. And so much more.

I am only going on what @RamNut has put, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was aimed at Keogh, they get players they don't like and continually bash them. Huddlestone and Martin got the brunt of it at the start of it last season, up to the point I stopped listening, Butterfield the season before that.

Fair enough you like them, a few do, but they are not for me. 

3 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Really??? If Dawes is a fan then thank heavens the other 26-27,000 that attend most games are not of the same ilk. As for his sidekick, listening to RD on the way home, his constant criticism of Huddlestone was embarrassing and then he had the temerity to say it was a team performance and no one player was responsible - hypocrite!

Huddlestone was poor yesterday (no worse than Nugent orJozefzoon) - make your view known once, twice at most but don't keep harping on for 15 minutes about the same individual. 

Keogh was ok for the majority of the game, but he does makes mistakes but then again if he didnt he would be in the prem. he is committed and try’s to do far too much, thats why he is better with Davies as he dosnt have to try and do everything then (in his head) good shot at the end and brought the ball out well.

Nuge, sorry mate I think your day is done, really like this guy but Waghorn up front would have been better if we need to give Jack lad a break. 

We need to deal with big attackers better, stick a big one up front and you are in with a chance of beating us.

Play Jojo on the right not the left although would have started with Holmes, i do think both have a role to play this season. 

Left a bit deflated and wondering just how many bruises Wilson will have this morning a lot of off the ball stuff on him yesterday which the ref missed. 

On the plus side we are not far off being a good side, sort plan B attack out and the centre back out (both big lads please) then we can give opponents issues at the business end of he field and stop them giving me a heart attack at the other end.

we less points than last year but I will always take this year over last years crud 

Merry Christmas one and all

43 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

I rarely listen to away games because they drive me absolutely mad.  @rynny has hit the mail ln the head with his comment about how quickly they change their views on how a match is going, how they criticise individuals, they carp on about the same things throughout the game (usually about winning battles etc), the awful attempts at banter, the unprofessionalism of Ed Dawes (particularly his chirping up with his own attempts at punditry, which is what Ramage is paid for) and so on and so forth.  They suck the fun out of football... which to be fair, a lot of their predecessors have done as well!  That is not to say they are always wrong about what they say, its just they say it so annoyingly (or repetitively) that it loses any impact for me.

At home games, I only listen on the way home until the manager has spoken then I turn it off. Listening to the  "listener derived content" drives me to distraction and Craig just repeats himself over and over again.  Some of his points yesterday were reasonable, but he goes from being reasonable to hysterical in a very short space of time - egged on by his little buddy.  Again, within the diatribe there are often valid points, but why they are expressed so negatively "does my head in".

Frustrating afternoon, we're struggling to get going at the moment. 

Positives were Waggy and Bogle for me, I thought both played well. 

Negatives; Wilson and Mount. Nugent. Fans. I'll expand though...

Wilson and Mount - no doubt great talents. Very tidy on the ball again, thought Mount did really well for the goal and had a couple of decent efforts. The reason I've slung them in here is because I just don't like how we utilise them and IMO they are our biggest downfall at the moment. When we're in possession they literally stand in line with Nugent and the other wide players in pretty much a 4-1-5. It puts too much emphasis on Huddlestone and more importantly Keogh to pick a pass and unlock a team. This generates the frustration the crowd are showing. They need to show more, be involved generally much more and give us some options. Two centre mids that are pretty much AWOL for large periods isn't good enough.

Nuge - looking tired and off the pace. It's a shame to see as I like the guy. Should have scored, could maybe have done better when being slipped through in the second half. The run Waggy made for his goal just screamed out strikers instinct. Not seeing much of that from Nuge anymore unfortunately. 

Fans - been covered really but it stems back to the Mount and Wilson point IMO. Feel for Huddlestone and the back 4 because there was very rarely a pass on yesterday so they recycled the ball around the back to the frustration of the crowd. Right, so we want them to force a ball through then? Ok... step up RK who tries to thread one though and loses the ball.. chorus of groans and boo's?! Mental. Not sure how we win here, unrealistic expectations all round. Moved away from my ST yesterday to sit with a couple of old pals but it's the same old ridiculous shouting from the crowd, winds me up. 

I thought Bristol City were decent, sat back for 60 minutes then stepped it up. Probably should have nicked it looking at that offside goal again. 

On the Keogh mistake - no issues from me. Find me a Championship defender who's squeaky clean. Great block in the second half which looked like it was going in - hardly any mentions on here. He's showing more bravery than our entire midfield currently. 

Archived