V Bristol City (h) match day thread

RiddingsRam

Please, please, please, stop starting Nugent. He's shocking. What is the point in a striker that can't finish? If you just want chasing down from your striker we might as well play a dog up front, since that's all Nugent offers, energy and running around like a headless chicken. Backup striker needed in January.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How did Jozefzoon stay on that pitch?

Resting Marriott backfired.

Norwich keep winning and consistently scoring late goals. For the first time this season, I’ve kind of accepted play-offs it will be again.

Mount good, Carson good, Waghorn decent, Tomori decent, but can’t win games with only a couple of players scoring a 7/10. Happening far too often.

Lots wrong today. Carson, can’t catch, throw or pass but can pull off a blinder of a save. Keogh nuff said. Nugent just awful but luckily for him not as awful as Josep. The most inept performance from a Derby player for many a year. Plus points?? Mount, one crap pass aside looks back on form and Hudds was solid. 2 nd half I thought Bogle looked more confident than of late and bombed forward well. All in all if we can’t beat Bristol we can forget top 2 

16 minutes ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

Who was better than him then?

Bogle, Mount, Wilson, HUDDLESTONE, Tomori

You’ve made assumptions based on what you’ve heard. Shocking performance, not a prayer of top 2, Huddlestone dire, defence a shambles. Anyone reading your post would think we just lost 5-0. 

Get a grip with yourself and actually WATCH what happens rather than take Radio Derby as gospel (I take it this is where you listen to the game). There were plenty of encouraging signs from the game.

Look at how Fulham we’re performing before Christmas last season. With a couple of additions they rocketed up the table. We’re a couple of pieces away from completing the jigsaw too. There’s nothing to say we still can’t win the league, never mind not having “a prayer of top 2”. 

Sloppy first half in which we at least looked the better side.

Second half I thought we would be too good for them but we looked tired and devoid of ideas. The body language was poor with few players demanding the ball and City used their greater physicality. They should have won and Carson saved us a point.

We don't have a leader ATM and momentum gets lost.

We have the talent. We just lack the application. Hopefully just a blip.. 

1 minute ago, rammieib said:

How did Jozefzoon stay on that pitch?

Bennett and Lawrence are injured, Wilson deployed in midfield

2 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Resting Marriott backfired.

Rather depends on whether a fresh Jack goes well in the next few games doesn't it? We drew, we didn't lose.

3 minutes ago, rammieib said:

For the first time this season, I’ve kind of accepted play-offs

So your expectations were for a top 2 finish at the start of the season? Maybe therein lies the source of your frustrations...

We have less points than this time last year, and performances have hardly been great apart form about 6 games . Our position is nothing to be sniffed at , and points wise we are in a decent place but I don't see the progression in performances or results that our performances earlier in the season suggested. If 5th is where we finish at the end of the season I would take that and not complain , but in the next few weeks we are clearly going to have to up our game big time just to remain in the top 6. For me we signed too many attackers  and now we lack the quality in other areas to achieve promotion. Don't think I am suggesting Lampard is doing a bad or 5th is rubbish, but lets be real here the performances this season apart form about 5 games don't show much progression from last season. yes we are trying to play better football, but in the majority of the games it has been ineffective as we need more quality in the middle of the park and more quality in the fullback positions. 

19 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Please, please, please, stop starting Nugent. He's shocking. What is the point in a striker that can't finish? If you just want chasing down from your striker we might as well play a dog up front, since that's all Nugent offers, energy and running around like a headless chicken. Backup striker needed in January.

It’s cos he smiles, calls opposition defenders poo and starts the bounce

8 minutes ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

What  a shocking performance, the only positive is we  got  a point and Forest lost so we still have  a decent cushion over them. We don't have a  prayer of Top 2 now based on that performance and the gap that is emerging. Hopefully Evans Starts soon, as Huddlestone is sluggish, slow and complacent and is either great or dire and far too many times he is dire. The defence sounded like a ducking  shambles, we will get embarrassed if we play like that in the next few games , we seem far to complacent and sloppy at times like the players almost think they have a right to be beating the midtable and lower sides.  Waghorn sounded like  the MOTM hopefully he can get a run in the team . I think we need a new centre back in January  not for Cover, but to actually start games if Keogh plays well it seems like Tomori is dire and Vice versa they don't seem that solid as a partnership and we have conceded a large amount of shocking goals , even though our defensive record is good, we have defensively got very lucky at times.

Hmmm. Not a shocking performance at all. What an over reaction . Bristol are Poor but no mugs. The Keogh hater behind me seemed to climax with their goal, I thought Tamori made more mistakes but that’s football. 

Not a bad first half but we didn’t really offer anything second. I was gonna say zoon hasn’t got 2 halves in him but in writing this the team hasn’t at the moment. Nuge didn’t have his best game 2 good chances missed. Think we all want Marriott to start. 

Bring back Lowe for me, the mistakes tamori made today were covering for malone, surprised to be honest he played in the premiership.

still, a point, Gumps lost and merry Christmas everyone ?????

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

It’s cos he smiles, calls opposition defenders poo and starts the bounce

It genuinely is. I get people like Bryson and Nugent as people, but they're not good enough to start, and if they had sulky faces like Butterfield everyone would be hating on them.

Hopefully that’s Keoghs bad game out the way cause you could’ve dressed him In red and called him Father Christmas the number of gifts he was handing out today... No one else was invidvidually that poor aside from maybe josefzoon. As a team our movement isn’t good enough and that’s why we struggle to break teams down.

25 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Bogle, Mount, Wilson, HUDDLESTONE, Tomori

You’ve made assumptions based on what you’ve heard. Shocking performance, not a prayer of top 2, Huddlestone dire, defence a shambles. Anyone reading your post would think we just lost 5-0. 

Get a grip with yourself and actually WATCH what happens rather than take Radio Derby as gospel (I take it this is where you listen to the game). There were plenty of encouraging signs from the game.

Look at how Fulham we’re performing before Christmas last season. With a couple of additions they rocketed up the table. We’re a couple of pieces away from completing the jigsaw too. There’s nothing to say we still can’t win the league, never mind not having “a prayer of top 2”. 

I wish I had your optimism, I think it is becuase I have never seen Derby get Promotion as I started supporting Derby after our 11 point season so I am just used to us turning to poo after January and generally being extremely disappointing , therefore I feel very pessimistic. about our chances  as it is the same old bitter disappointment each season.

Come on Derby! We were lucky with a draw today. We kept giving away the ball and the subs didn't add anything to the game but I guess Nugent was getting tired. 

Behind us we have two Keogh haters who moaned all match. I feel like just telling them they should shut up. It ruins the game listening to their awful commentary. 

Today I would have definitely given man of the match to Mount or Wilson. Waghorn may have got it if he had played the same the whole way through the match. 

I still have hope in you Derby! Come on!

45 minutes ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

What  a shocking performance, the only positive is we  got  a point and Forest lost so we still have  a decent cushion over them. We don't have a  prayer of Top 2 now based on that performance and the gap that is emerging. Hopefully Evans Starts soon, as Huddlestone is sluggish, slow and complacent and is either great or dire and far too many times he is dire. The defence sounded like a ducking  shambles, we will get embarrassed if we play like that in the next few games , we seem far to complacent and sloppy at times like the players almost think they have a right to be beating the midtable and lower sides.  Waghorn sounded like  the MOTM hopefully he can get a run in the team . I think we need a new centre back in January  not for Cover, but to actually start games if Keogh plays well it seems like Tomori is dire and Vice versa they don't seem that solid as a partnership and we have conceded a large amount of shocking goals , even though our defensive record is good, we have defensively got very lucky at times.

Sorry.....did you say it "sounded" like Waghorn was motm? We're you there? If so I respect your view we were "shocking" if not how the heck do you know anything about the performance?

4 minutes ago, Sarcasticz said:

Come on Derby! We were lucky with a draw today. We kept giving away the ball and the subs didn't add anything to the game but I guess Nugent was getting tired. 

Behind us we have two Keogh haters who moaned all match. I feel like just telling them they should shut up. It ruins the game listening to their awful commentary. 

Today I would have definitely given man of the match to Mount or Wilson. Waghorn may have got it if he had played the same the whole way through the match. 

I still have hope in you Derby! Come on!

A like for the statement about the keogh haters. 

I thought we played well for the first 20 minutes whilst bristol sat back. But sometimes the passing is just too safe - esp huddlestone and malone. Tom seems to stroll around as if its a 5 a side and eventually we begin to doze off. Keoghs error was an over ambitious attempt to head it back to tomori instead of just clearing the danger, but he played quite well overall. Even had a decent shot at goal. 

I was disappointed to see marriott rested. Nuge is a great guy, 10 out of 10 for effort, but his best days are behind him.

waghorn, wilson and mount did well. We faded when waggy went off. Not sure that holmes brings much to the table. 

Jozefzoon is another who lacks desire, intensity and workrate, and like TL he is very right footed. He looks a bit out of place on the left. 

I listened to some of the radio derby commentary at the game, but i have to keep taking the headphones off as i can't stand listening to ed dawes. I thought RD were too negative, and ultimately this begins to affect the post match mood. But i agreed with their preference to start with marriott. If we need to rest players then use subs, but give us a chance to get the lead first. 

39 minutes ago, Doodle said:

All in all if we can’t beat Bristol we can forget top 2 

Nah Bristol have been doing a lot of things right for couple of seasons now. They'll be amongst the play offs this season I reckon. 

You're right that we should be winning most games anyway if we want top 2 but Bristol are definitely a team I'd worry about anyway.

Archived