V Bristol City (h) match day thread

RiddingsRam

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, Keogh made another mistake that cost a goal but then who else in this division would you realistically replace him with? If fans want to point fingers at players, how about the forward line who are struggling to take their chances. Attack is the best form of defence at home. And we’re not being clinical enough unlike last season (the only positive under Rowett). Not the time to hit the panic button, don’t listen to radio derby who’re being negative.

Slightly changing tack, if you were the person sitting in the East Stand, row H seat 323 (I think; normally that seat is empty), please never, never, never come to a game again.

Your wife or cat must have taken a right battering when you got home. Never heard such utter, incessant drivel and whining for 90-plus minutes. You might be tactically better than Guardiola and know more about football than Lampard. You may think every Derby player is rubbish. But we don't really want to hear it again and again and again. Loudly.

Somewhat ruined anyone's attempts to watch the game and dare I say it enjoy their afternoon.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Didn't get to the match yesterday.

Mixed signals about how it went. 

On the few occasions Sky commented on the match, it seemed to suggest we were all over them.

On here it seems to suggest they had plenty of chances and a draw was maybe a fair result?

I think it was. Good away performance by City who kept it tight and then hit us on the break. They had the chances towards the end, not us. Bit like the Forest performance, quite drab. Lots of possession but little movement or creativity in the final third.

Waghorn played well. I though Josefzoon did well as well, as did Tomori. Keogh wobbly but did a fantastic block in the second half. Mount looking more like he's coming into form. Decision to rest Marriott was understandable but less so when Nugent is his replacement.

But a bit like Forest, we've got a point where we might not have, so we take it and move on.

53 minutes ago, Topram said:

With the next 4 games we’ve got we really could of done with 3 points if we seriously want top 2 we are going to have to go beat both sheff United and Norwich, can’t afford to lose to Norwich that’s for sure

By that comment I'm assuming that you realistically expected us to be Top 2 come end of season?

2 hours ago, DRBee said:

Were you there yesterday ? Thought not ! The South Stand were quiet a lot of the time and a significant amount of the mass cheering started elsewhere. If YOU are going to moan at least get things right.

I wasn't typing about yesterday, I was typing about football in general, and if you'd read the post properly and understood it, you wouldn't realy have had to question whether or not I was at the Derby County v Bristol City game at Pride Park on Saturday 22nd December 2018, as I was clearly at the Cinema watching Wreck it Ralph breaks the Internet, and to be fair I wish Ralph had done a better job at breaking it, so I could only just attempt to get things right like YOU.

Go treat yourself to the biggest bucket of popcorn and see if you can get it all in your mouth!

12 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

By that comment I'm assuming that you realistically expected us to be Top 2 come end of season?

No but we have a chance, play like we did vs united Chelsea Boro West Brom and why not? Just got to get as many points on the board and see 

1 hour ago, LazloW said:

I rarely listen to away games because they drive me absolutely mad

Ditto...

1 hour ago, LazloW said:

At home games, I only listen on the way home until the manager has spoken then I turn it off

... and ditto.

?

Seen Keogh get a lot of stick, got to feel for Defenders and goalkeepers 1 mistake gets everyone on your back... Nugents miss yesterday was just like Keoghs mistake but no one says anything! Feel for Keogh seems like every time he makes a mistake it ends up in the net... Mount did similar not long after and it hits the bar ?

20 minutes ago, Topram said:

No but we have a chance, play like we did vs united Chelsea Boro West Brom and why not? Just got to get as many points on the board and see 

Our current league standing with half the season gone reflects the fact that we have been unable to keep that level of performance up week in week out so what do you expect to radically change over the second half of the season?

13 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Our current league standing with half the season gone reflects the fact that we have been unable to keep that level of performance up week in week out so what do you expect to radically change over the second half of the season?

After Norwich’s start to the season did they think they’d be top at Christmas? Maybe we can get a run of those performances going!

Anyone else think the announcer at PP is a bit rubbish? He called the MOM our the tannoy when we were attacking, it’s was a bit weird kind of killed the atmosphere with RKs run and shot 

well I was at the game, first 30 we played some great stuff, gave them a goal, which can happen at any level of the game, thought it was a good game, and all the moaning in the ground is a joke, fed up of our fans having a go at certain players, over the season,  so far Keogh has been one of our best players, get off his back you morons, think we should rename the bounce song to moan, because it seems that's what most come to do, Merry Christmas to all.

I would understand the defence of Keogh if it was only the occasional mistake, say once or twice a season, but it isn't is it? It's a frequent lapse in concentration. I would love to be striker up against Keogh because I would know I was always likely to be gifted an opportunity. It doesn't come much better than having the ball passed directly to you! His mistakes have cost us dearly. He needs to concentrate far more and cut the stupid mistakes out.

We like Keogh because of his attitude, but I wish people would stop being irrational by defending the indefensible.

17 minutes ago, KCG said:

I would understand the defence of Keogh if it was only the occasional mistake, say once or twice a season, but it isn't is it? It's a frequent lapse in concentration. I would love to be striker up against Keogh because I would know I was always likely to be gifted an opportunity. It doesn't come much better than having the ball passed directly to you! His mistakes have cost us dearly. He needs to concentrate far more and cut the stupid mistakes out.

We like Keogh because of his attitude, but I wish people would stop being irrational by defending the indefensible.

Your opinion deffo not mine, or many, many managers who know more about the game, than myself and you, Keogh does not make loads of mistakes at all, he makes some, and over the last 6 years he has been an excellent signing, will be hard to replace when he does leave, a top, top championship defender, in my opinion at least, and many managers as well. So for myself Keogh is easy to defend, also one of our best players this season so far.

Archived