V Bristol City (h) match day thread

RiddingsRam

56 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

you could argue he makes more mistakes than some but that’s because he’s brave enough to take on possession when other players shy away from it.

Yes, Yes, Yes!

I'll bet more than 50% of Bogle's passes are to Keogh, more than 50% of Tomori's passes are to Keogh and at least 25% of Huddlestone's passes (today) were to Keogh.

It's no wonder he makes the odd stray pass when he's expected to make so many.

Poor error for their goal today granted, I'd still not swap him for many CB's in this division.

KEOOOOOOOGGGGHHHHH.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think Frank just got it wrong today. Should of started Marriott, should of taken off Jo Flo (can’t believe he’s actually makes a living as a footballer). shouldn’t have taken of Waghorny. 1st time I’ve questioned his decisions, maybe too many Christmas drinks for our Frank.

Onto Sheff U, COYRs ? 

1 hour ago, Ruda Harliss said:

Keogh Nuff said. 

he has been a rock at the back for us for years, constantly been played into trouble  by other players that get no criticism. Never any praise for all the times he gets us out the poo and whoever made the mistake.

their goal was from a keogh mistake, but mounts was far worse and they should have put it away only hitting the bar.

never heard get “mount off the pitch “ though. Just About keogh.

All these  keogh haters must know more about football than how many managers know? And international managers?

If he didn’t make a mistake he’d play for Barcelona. With that logic so would I

Fed up of this. It’s getting silly now

I have posted about 2000 times. Probably about 10 of those are critical of zkeogh. Today he was dog sh@t and cost us dearly. Should I ignore that ? Should I blame someone else??  Or did he put his head in his hands after the goal, because he had a nightmare???  If I blame him for every mistake Derby mate, brexit and the housing shortage, along with the trouble in the Middle East and  the rise of th far right in Europe, then fair point   But I didn’t, I simply posted “ nuff said” a description I am 100% sure Keogh would agree with. He knows when he’s great and knows when he’s average. He also knows when he loses us points, stop being so  precious 

Agree with all those three points Texas

a) Flo-Jo little threat and the bad decision making of a player lacking practice. 

b) Marriott much better than Nugent as a line leader - though it’s just pointless putting high balls towards him. 

c) Waghorn - don’t know what he’s done wrong - so many good first touches in a way that accelerated attack. 

In general, good job that City aren’t very good - lots of opportunities for them and though we looked the better side, they could easily have won. 

Should be no suprise that the side that brought our best form (wilson and mount in the middle, waghorn and lawrence wide, Marriott up front) still looks the best balance,  but our available bench strength has quickly changed to be a weakness (in the absence of ollson/forsyth/davies/bennett/johnson/lawrence/thomas/lowe and the persona non grata - martin, butterfield, thorne, anya, elsnik, blackman, babos) 

Sure Frank/Jody picked out flo-jo and Duane and Malone to join the squad based on good intelligence, but not convinced they’re better than thomas and bird and lowe. Tomori, Wilson and Mount have been great loans but today just felt a throw back to some of the toothless managers of the past. 

I really want to see Evans squeeze his way into the line-up if possible. We're so vulnerable and lightweight in midfield aside from Huddlestone who doesn't really have the positional sense or mobility of a true defensive midfielder. Maybe a combination of Evans and Huddlestone could offer some more protection and allow Mount and Wilson to be more of a threat further up the pitch. I'd rather not see another situation late on like today where we lose the midfield battle (like Villa and to a lesser degree, Forest) and end up letting them through for chance after chance.

Still it was poor today but at least we picked up a point.

I might be sticking my neck out here , but I’m not sure my football experience might match FL.

i finished U15!

10 minutes ago, Doodle said:

I have posted about 2000 times. Probably about 10 of those are critical of zkeogh. Today he was dog sh@t and cost us dearly. Should I ignore that ? Should I blame someone else??  Or did he put his head in his hands after the goal, because he had a nightmare???  If I blame him for every mistake Derby mate, brexit and the housing shortage, along with the trouble in the Middle East and  the rise of th far right in Europe, then fair point   But I didn’t, I simply posted “ nuff said” a description I am 100% sure Keogh would agree with. He knows when he’s great and knows when he’s average. He also knows when he loses us points, stop being so  precious 

Wow 

you’ve made 2000 posts.??

keogh makes mistakes

everyone made mistakes tonight 

keogh made one that led to a goal

he got slated as usual 

mount made a mistake they hit the bar 

nobody slated mount for it!!??

Your  “ nuff  said “ comment smacked of the same old poo about keogh . And I  haven’t had the privilege of reading all 2000 posts 

if we agree about RK then we shouldn’t be arguing then 

but if out it 2000 posts 10 are critical of RK you must think he’s a strong championship player ? 

If he didn’t make mistakes he wouldn’t be at Derby. I argue enough with haters without having to argue with posters that supposed support players .

I m interested who would replace him with and what makes you think you know more than Frank Lampard etc ??

Bit hurried tonight .. Christmas and all that. Pity we weren’t more hurried in the way we moved the ball. Too pedestrian. Despite what Frank says about patience there is no ignoring the fact that but for a bit of zip we could have torn them apart. But we lacked it so no joy and I sink further down Mozzas table

First 20 minutes and I thought this is going to be fun. The a daft give away goal, nerves ackkkk aghhh 

Still, great cross and finish for Waghorn who gave us some muscle and polish. Like him. Team looked more balanced all round and Wilson was early on running the show. Classy lad that one.

one of those days, but I have to give mention to Malone. Doesn’t look much but is brave and intelligent. Unsung hero today hope whatever knock or tweak he got late on isn’t serious. Always tries to do something intelligent with the ball.

Bogle continues to improve defensively but where has his courage gone. Take your man on ! .. Flo Jo who I desperately want to like because he has talent to spare - had a rough game, lacks confidence, some poor passes and crosses. Maybe he needs more time on the pitch but he does need to sharpen up. 

Not getting into the Keogh debate .. yep a costly error but he righted it at least 3 times at other stages of the game. No scapegoats .. we just need more team play and more zip 

night night everyone .. Santa’s packing the sleigh, all will be well 

2 hours ago, Ramarena said:

It all boils down to Wembley.....many will never forgive him for it!

Yet at Wembley people forget Fozzy switched off at the throw and let hoilett go, Bucko should’ve then nailed the tackle on hoilett and didn’t before it even reached Keogh! 3 players caused that goal, yet it’s Keogh that has had the disproportionate criticism ever since. He messed up for their goal no argument, however he saved a goal with that outstanding block after horrendous defending from both Tomori and Bogle.

Not sure Huddlestone did much wrong except for getting tired.

He did his usual job of breaking things up and playing sensible passes.

If that's a weakness then I'm afraid I don't understand football.

What we lack is a strong mobile scrapper to give Mount licence to roam.

We also need the team to want the ball more.

To be honest we were half a yard off the pace today and if we find that we will terrorise teams this year.

51 minutes ago, Doodle said:

Should I ignore that ? Should I blame someone else??  

No, if out of 2000 posts only 10 criticises him, get off his ducking back and support him, he will only improve with that support , criticism will only lead to lack of confidence, which leads to mistakes, which leads to goals, which leads to criticism etc .etc.etc ???

I’m usually glass half full but feel quite negative about today. It was a frustrating performance albeit not necessarily a bad one. 

I get the need to use the squad but the cliche goes take each game as it comes. Look at the game in front of you. Bristol at home was arguably our best chance of 3 points of all the Christmas games, pick your best side and win the game. The changes backfired. Nuge had a shocker, flo jo not much better, and everyone banging on about Wilson playing midfield and dropping Bryson, look how vulnerable we were on the counter today. He doesn’t have the defensive discipline in there. If marriott and Bryson play today - derby win the match. 

Don’t agree with the negative comments on Huddlestone, thought he played ok and I think his defensive positioning particularly is usually superb and makes up for his lack of pace. That said today from an attacking sense he tried to play further forward in the second half, this resulted in much of the tempo being dictated by Keogh and tomori. Not the answer and we were pedestrian as a result. No one came deep to take the ball off them. Frustrating. 

Positives - Mount had his best game for a while though can do more, and Waghorn played really well - can understand lamps protecting Waghorn as he hasn’t played much recently but wrong substitution to take him off, should’ve been Jozefzoon - and Forest lost!

5th in the league is better than I’d hoped for at this stage so well done to lamps and the team. This is one to move on and learn from.

For sheff United, Bryson has to be back in for Jozefzoon with Wilson reverting to the wide position, and obviously Marriott for nuge.

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

I would do, I wouldn’t lay much if Any blame for our recent performances on hudds

He isn't  a bad player , but we need someone more mobile who can drive the team forward and becuase our other midfielders are suspect defensively we need more of a ball winner who doesn't get beat as easily as Huddlestone on the counter attack. I am hoping Evans will be the answer. In a 4231 he is better as  alone holding player he is far too slow, unagile  and he slows the play down too  much.  I wouldn't say as much he is playing badly , more he isn't what we need  for our playstyle and system and our midfield lacks balance without a true ball winner. 

4 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Can and I have pal. Actually watching the game seldom seems to inform your opinion any more than when you're simply spouting a regurgitated version of the Radio Derby commentaries. Fed up with reading it tbh, especially on a day where along with Mount and Bogle, he was the best of the bunch and has occurred purely because someone said something on the bloody radio. You've been called out left right and centre today mate and rightly so. Perhaps you might ask yourself why instead of reacting like a baby.

Radio derby or not,  our lack of consistency in midfield performances stems from not having the right balance in midfield and not having someone like Thorne of old, hopefully Evans soon gets a chance him as he must have something about him for us to  have signed him in the first place. I may be wrong about his performance today but in general I think we need more of a ball winner and someone who can add more urgency into our game.

5 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Bogle, Mount, Wilson, HUDDLESTONE, Tomori

You’ve made assumptions based on what you’ve heard. Shocking performance, not a prayer of top 2, Huddlestone dire, defence a shambles. Anyone reading your post would think we just lost 5-0. 

Get a grip with yourself and actually WATCH what happens rather than take Radio Derby as gospel (I take it this is where you listen to the game). There were plenty of encouraging signs from the game.

Look at how Fulham we’re performing before Christmas last season. With a couple of additions they rocketed up the table. We’re a couple of pieces away from completing the jigsaw too. There’s nothing to say we still can’t win the league, never mind not having “a prayer of top 2”. 

@Ghost of Clough some people just don't get football, understand it or even want to enjoy it. I mentioned on another thread about a month or so ago about the possibility of a team in the championship being near a relegation place then, still being able to make the play offs, and look at Hull City go, they just can't stop winning. 

We have all seen what our team are capable of playing this season, we are still picking up valuable points, against good teams in the championship and we are still in a play off position and unfortunately we still have so many so called fans choosing words like shocking etc to describe gaining a point against a side that also drew with Norwich City recently and have put many Premiership sides out of cup competitions and been near the play offs in recent seasons.

Fans choose to be miserable and choose to get easily upset at the slightest things and I find them cringeworthy as these are usually the same characters that flip quickly into using words like am-a-zing when we beat Man Utd and push Chelsea all the way, and become sickening to the core at times like having to suffer a dose of Strictly Come Dancing on a Saturday evening.

I've just got off a train from Aberdeen and listened to the locals singing songs about Cosgrove, all happy as Larry, a striker that the Manager has kept the faith with for many reasons, but I've listened to the locals for many months slate the poor lad, and within a week he's scored a bag full of goals in 3 games or so and the fans have flipped from giving the lad pelters to singing and rejoicing his name.

I'll opt to take your kind words of plenty of encouraging signs to take from the game and what I've just seen on Quest as enough for me, to move on to the next game and to get behind the club I love. 

Up The Rams.

Frustrating match, gifted them the goal.

Soon as radio derby mentioned the changes and home banker I knew we wouldn't win.

however, we never looked like getting beat and played OK in patches without making that many chances.

apparent from lampards post match the team were doing as they'd been instructed to. If that's the direction, then we're going to need to be a bit better at it.

not disheartened on my visit, we've all seen plenty of worse Derby performances. Irritated we gifted them the goal and the one that hit the bar, but, it's another unbeaten, Waghorn scored, weimann got a nice clap when he went off.

onwards, team needs to raise itself for the next few matches.

Carson back to his best

keough unlucky - tried to do the right thing 

Waghorn great - very strange substitution indeed . Can someone in the club please explain what is going on here ?

joze - blimey , what on earth is going on there ? He plays football for a living ...? Wow.  completely out of his depth .  

Other than that it was just really boring and tedious - makes you wonder what you do with your spare time ...

Most of the team look to pass ( or throw) backwards every time . It’s back to clement time . Nothing has changed .... 

1 hour ago, Ruda Harliss said:

No, if out of 2000 posts only 10 criticises him, get off his ducking back and support him, he will only improve with that support , criticism will only lead to lack of confidence, which leads to mistakes, which leads to goals, which leads to criticism etc .etc.etc ???

That doesn't even make sense. The point he was trying to make, is he only calls out Keogh when he genuinely thinks he plays badly, not because he's a Keogh hater. Why should we make excuses for Keogh if he had a bad game? I think Keogh is a top centre half in the Championship, but it's delusional to pretend that he had a good game today, when realistically he cost us 3 points. Keogh is naturally an error prone centre half, at this stage he won't cut that out, but it's a fact. If somebody wants to criticise him, they're well within their rights, who are you to tell somebody who they can and can't criticise.

38 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

@Ghost of Clough some people just don't get football, understand it or even want to enjoy it. I mentioned on another thread about a month or so ago about the possibility of a team in the championship being near a relegation place then, still being able to make the play offs, and look at Hull City go, they just can't stop winning. 

We have all seen what our team are capable of playing this season, we are still picking up valuable points, against good teams in the championship and we are still in a play off position and unfortunately we still have so many so called fans choosing words like shocking etc to describe gaining a point against a side that also drew with Norwich City recently and have put many Premiership sides out of cup competitions and been near the play offs in recent seasons.

Fans choose to be miserable and choose to get easily upset at the slightest things and I find them cringeworthy as these are usually the same characters that flip quickly into using words like am-a-zing when we beat Man Utd and push Chelsea all the way, and become sickening to the core at times like having to suffer a dose of Strictly Come Dancing on a Saturday evening.

I've just got off a train from Aberdeen and listened to the locals singing songs about Cosgrove, all happy as Larry, a striker that the Manager has kept the faith with for many reasons, but I've listened to the locals for many months slate the poor lad, and within a week he's scored a bag full of goals in 3 games or so and the fans have flipped from giving the lad pelters to singing and rejoicing his name.

I'll opt to take your kind words of plenty of encouraging signs to take from the game and what I've just seen on Quest as enough for me, to move on to the next game and to get behind the club I love. 

Up The Rams.

To not appreciate today's brilliant performance in all it's pure majesty I am unable to understand football as a game, unable to enjoy it in all it's beauty and also I don't "get it" of course. Merry Christmas

Archived