V Bristol City (h) match day thread

RiddingsRam

I think Hudds struggles because we're a team which frustratingly is becoming more a 'play to feet'.

A reluctance to break the oppo back line forces Huddlestone into sideways and backwards passes.

At least Marriott looks for it. Nugent hasn't got the pace anymore (and when he did get fee a couple of times, he let the ball hit him!)

You would think Jozefzoon with his (supposed) pace could make some diagonal runs in behind but nope. Wilson and amount will always want it to feet, and on the basis they are technically better than everyone else in that role, I'm fine with that but then your wingers and strikers have to be making runs.

Waghorn, who I like, prefers it into feet, Jozefzoon just stands there not doing anything really, and Nugent is sadly just over the hill.

Malone didn't get forward enough for me today either as it appears like they have been told to stay further back to receive the ball. I really thought we would see our full backs further up the pitch more and hugging the touch line but they both often came inside a lot.

Lots for Lampard and Morris to work on, let's hope they do for Boxing Day.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Andicis said:

That doesn't even make sense. The point he was trying to make, is he only calls out Keogh when he genuinely thinks he plays badly, not because he's a Keogh hater. Why should we make excuses for Keogh if he had a bad game? I think Keogh is a top centre half in the Championship, but it's delusional to pretend that he had a good game today, when realistically he cost us 3 points. Keogh is naturally an error prone centre half, at this stage he won't cut that out, but it's a fact. If somebody wants to criticise him, they're well within their rights, who are you to tell somebody who they can and can't criticise.

Stating  a realistic opinion that is not blindly positive and  has the slightest ounce of criticism is classed as being a " hater" these days duck me, if everyone was so boring there would be no point in a Forum,  as a forum is about open discussion which of course includes controversial opinions , anything that isn't either pure lickarsery or optimistic is deemed not even an opinion  worth contemplating. 

4 minutes ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

Stating  a realistic opinion that is not blindly positive and  has the slightest ounce of criticism is classed as being a " hater" these days duck me, if everyone was so boring there would be no point in a Forum,  as a forum is about open discussion which of course includes controversial opinions , anything that isn't either pure lickarsery or optimistic is deemed not even an opinion  worth contemplating. 

And yet plenty on here can critique a player without attracting criticism, presumably because they can do so without resorting to juvenile hyperbole. Weird huh? Once again, you got called out because you treated the forum to one of your trademark rants despite not having watched the game. That's it, pure and simple. Try and dress it up as something else all you like or maybe just grow up and accept that in doing so, you rubbed folk up the wrong way. Choice is yours.

4 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I thought it interesting that Frank in his post match ramstv interview mentioned "groans" sometimes making it difficult to play. I thought he sounded a bit frustrated and was subtly asking for the club to pull together (meaning fans I guess). Have a listen if you have a chance. 

I agree with him, was getting really frustrated during the match at fans moaning when we’re forced backwards. It makes players panic and lump it instead so we concede possession. Don’t think people realise the impact they can have.

10 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I thought it interesting that Frank in his post match ramstv interview mentioned "groans" sometimes making it difficult to play. I thought he sounded a bit frustrated and was subtly asking for the club to pull together (meaning fans I guess). Have a listen if you have a chance. 

I can see why he was pissed off with the groans , I would be if I was him . I hope he doesn't think it's all of us ! 

1 minute ago, RiddingsRam said:

I can see why he was pissed off with the groans , I would be if I was him . I hope he doesn't think it's all of us ! 

Why shouldn’t fans groan? It seemed pretty obvious to the untrained eye that it was a match to be won, maybe that was the frustration that turned into groans. As stated earlier, I think Frank got it wrong today and we threw away 2 points, think that’s worth a groan or two. Doesn’t mean anything bad, just disappointed we didn’t capitalise on a poor opponent. I’m sure the majority will be back behind the team come Boxing Day, today was just frustrating all round. 

4 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Why shouldn’t fans groan? It seemed pretty obvious to the untrained eye that it was a match to be won, maybe that was the frustration that turned into groans. As stated earlier, I think Frank got it wrong today and we threw away 2 points, think that’s worth a groan or two. Doesn’t mean anything bad, just disappointed we didn’t capitalise on a poor opponent. I’m sure the majority will be back behind the team come Boxing Day, today was just frustrating all round. 

Why what's groaning ever achieved ? 

1 hour ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

To not appreciate today's brilliant performance in all it's pure majesty I am unable to understand football as a game, unable to enjoy it in all it's beauty and also I don't "get it" of course. Merry Christmas

I hope you have a Merry Christmas and I really mean it.

We both support a brilliant football club in Derby County and I'll carry on loving it, respecting it and enjoying it as we all move forward together in all it's beauty. Every day is a learning day.

7 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Fans pay a considerable amount of their hard earned money to go watch, if they want to groan if they feel we're playing badly, so what? 

It's a tricky one. You make a valid point but I think what Frank was referring to was the groans simply for not passing the ball forward on every occasion. Fans do need to accept that we need to be patient sometimes and not simply lump the ball forward which we did a lot in the Forest game. We've not got a big forward line after all. This said, groans are often involuntary, unlike booing your own team or players which I absolutely hate as a general rule. 

4 minutes ago, 86 points said:

It's a tricky one. You make a valid point but I think what Frank was referring to was the groans simply for not passing the ball forward on every occasion. Fans do need to accept that we need to be patient sometimes and not simply lump the ball forward which we did a lot in the Forest game. We've not got a big forward line after all. This said, groans are often involuntary, unlike booing your own team or players which I absolutely hate as a general rule. 

I personally don't boo or rarely groan unless I think it's really poor, but at the same time, my opinion on the matter is anyone who paid their money to be there has a right to groan, or even boo if they want to. It's not pleasant, but I don't feel like they should come under criticism for it personally. I'm sure we'll click soon enough under Frank, but today's game was pretty frustrating. 

Just now, Tim Bucktoo said:

Moan Moan, groan, groan. That’ll encourage the players. Some of our fans are pathetic. Like a bunch of whining geordies! 

Booooooooo 

The irony in moaning about fans moaning. Believe it or not, you have no right to tell people how to support or watch the game. 

1 hour ago, Andicis said:

The irony in moaning about fans moaning. Believe it or not, you have no right to tell people how to support or watch the game. 

Erm, no Tim Bucktoo’s reply was irony. Anyways you’re right you can’t tell people to support a game , just like you can’t tell a. P1sshead on the last night bus home to stop annoying everyone as he paid his fair etc.etc.

i have a bloke who sits behind me and spends his 90 minutes moaning about how rubbish it is, how boring it is , how poor keogh is ?, how crap everyone is, to the point  that I’m gonna move seats next season as I can’t take anymore. If it’s so bad STAY AT HOME!! He is spoiling the game for me and my lad. So excuse me if I get wound up to find that when I read the forum and see more negativity.

9 hours ago, Ruda Harliss said:

Keogh Nuff said. 

he has been a rock at the back for us for years, constantly been played into trouble  by other players that get no criticism. Never any praise for all the times he gets us out the poo and whoever made the mistake.

their goal was from a keogh mistake, but mounts was far worse and they should have put it away only hitting the bar.

never heard get “mount off the pitch “ though. Just About keogh.

All these  keogh haters must know more about football than how many managers know? And international managers?

If he didn’t make a mistake he’d play for Barcelona. With that logic so would I

Fed up of this. It’s getting silly now

Again....ed dawes: " the goal came from a keogh error. Same old story"

11 hours ago, Woodley Ram said:

A good summing up. A bit ponderous going forward, lots of sideways passing, Mount and Wilson starting to be marked out of the game. A lot of late tackles on Wilson today , none picked up by the officials < we struggle at the back against big forwards we did against Villa and we did again today, Though Waghorn was good and very committed 

my Santas wish list is for a big centre back who is good on the ball and a plan B forward agin tall and good on the ball.

Totally agree 

8 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

Why what's groaning ever achieved ? 

Nothing, absolutely nothing but I just understand why there was at times some groans.

Archived