V Notts F*rest (h) match day thread

RiddingsRam

12 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

I no bryson is a fan favourite but he's the weak link for me in this team and from the team that played so well with Wilson there think lampard needs to address this 

Did seem that everything bounced off his shinpad today. Having said that it just didn't seem to be happening tonight for anyone.

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carson - did what was required

Bogle - did well but didn't have his usual confidence to bomb on like normal other than a few occasions late in the 2nd half

Keogh - a few shaky moments but dealt really well with balls in the air

Tomori - same as Keogh

Malone - frustrating performance

Huddlestone - a few of his usual long diagonal passes but he seemed more interested in leaving one in on Forest players than anything else

Bryson - really poor performance. Great energy but lost the ball numerous times and his touch was dreadful

Mount - similar to Bryson and wasted a few good chances

Wilson - probably our most dangerous player but wasn't anywhere near his usual standard

Lawrence - wasted a great chance to play in Marriott by being greedy (I know, shocker!) and his overall performance just makes me even more frustrated that Waghorn can't get a game (or even on the bench today)

Marriott - worked his socks off, tried to link up with the other forwards but none of them helped him

Lampard - poor. Sure Forest are a good team, but you can make the argument based on league position and the fact we've spent most of the season above them that we're better. So add to that their defence injuries, why on earth did we resort to long ball, over and over and over? I know Frank can't control everything the players do, but from the sheer number of times we lumped it forward I can't help but think that was the game plan he wanted us to use

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Impressed with Bogle today. Very calm when in possession, recovered well when Forest were breaking, and a few nice dribbles. My man of the match. 

I felt, like most, he lacked the final telling pass. My man of the match was Marriott, for the way he ran the line. I bet he was as frustrated as hell that he didn't get better service.

Why do we play a lot worse whenever we have more time to prepare for games? I don’t think it’s a coaching issue because it was the same last season too, the more time we have to prepare on the training field, the worse we are. Is it a mentality issue with some of the players where they don’t train as hard as they should? I can’t put my finger on it. 

Fair result. 

Lost the central midfield. Marriott's graft probably the only thing that troubled Forest. 

They pinned our full backs, dominated Bryson, pocketed Mount and battled Huddlestone

While our CB's dealt with Grabban, Marriott harassed their back line. Bogle coped well enough and Malone kind of survived the game. 

Would like to have seen Lampard address the problems in CM. Was such a poor area for us in defence and attack. Don't understand the reason for leaving it tbh. 

Hope January brings a full back on each side and a CM. Or maybe Evans will do? But there's players in there that kind of survive but rarely flourish and are perhaps living on 1 good performance among 5 or 6 very forgettable ones. 

No donkeys here. But certainly players who are pretty much always in the bottom 5 performers of our team. 

Tomori and Keogh imo really shining now. Very busy tonight and covered the whole backline in the thick of the action. 

Wilson's technique...?

Bit of an anticlimax there. We seemed too hurried trying to get the ball forward and our midfield really didn't get their passing game right tonight. That said (though it pains me to say it). I think Forest will be up there end of season and a point is not the worst result. The good news is that we sit fourth, a couple of wins back from the auto slots and our defence seems to have shored up the leaks with two consecutive clean sheets against two dangerous sides. Half-term report reads, B+, can do better.

We've got loads of DM's and CM's on the books yet we seem to lack quality in depth in that area. Wilson alongside either Holmes or Mount is my preferred lineup. Is Evans an out and out DM or can he play further forward too? 

We all love Bryson but he's nowhere near the tour de force he was and is one of many who, imho, need to be moved on asap.

1 minute ago, Alpha said:

Fair result. 

Lost the central midfield. Marriott's graft probably the only thing that troubled Forest. 

They pinned our full backs, dominated Bryson, pocketed Mount and battled Huddlestone

While our CB's dealt with Grabban, Marriott harassed their back line. Bogle coped well enough and Malone kind of survived the game. 

Would like to have seen Lampard address the problems in CM. Was such a poor area for us in defence and attack. Don't understand the reason for leaving it tbh. 

Hope January brings a full back on each side and a CM. Or maybe Evans will do? But there's players in there that kind of survive but rarely flourish and are perhaps living on 1 good performance among 5 or 6 very forgettable ones. 

No donkeys here. But certainly players who are pretty much always in the bottom 5 performers of our team. 

Tomori and Keogh imo really shining now. Very busy tonight and covered the whole backline in the thick of the action. 

Wilson's technique...?

Their defence was donkey and they played 5 in midfield. Grabban was constantly offfside and they got away with a stonewall obvious penalty and red card for dangerous play!

Not brilliant always felt either side could have nicked it. We didn’t quite have the rub of the green. I always think that we need to capitalise more when we’re on top and first half we should have made some good chances count. 

I was a bit disappointed with Bryson the rest of the team put in a good shift. I think Huddlestone deserved MOTM however the longer the game went on the less quality was shown.

2 minutes ago, TimRam said:

Considering they had only lost one away game and were dirty foulers...a point is a fair result. We had the better game though.

Did we? Thought we were the better side for the first half hour but after that they were the better side and looked more likely to snatch a winner...

Archived