V Notts F*rest (h) match day thread

RiddingsRam

9 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

If you leave Grabban in their team they are still very ordinary and that's the disappointing thing.

Really should have targeted their centre backs by running at them and getting in behind...instead we seemed to hit long ball after long ball. 

No one offered anything in midfield, both Bryson and mount never came for the ball so we were forced Long, and whenever Bryson did he managed to hit a forest man

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Going in to the Christmas fixture pile up in fourth with a rookie manager and a squad that is still work in progress is fine by me. Still room to improve and we are in the mix with the gumps below us where they belong.

Reasons to be cheerful folks! ?

Bob on.

For all that game was there for the tak8ng with their defence, 2nd clean sheet, Carson doing worldies and we know we can play better. Despite a cagey and meh local derby, win against Bristol and the season is going ok to slightly better; we are in the mix and could yet improve in January.

It was a poor game, forest had a little more quality around the box and should of won to be honest. Mount has been Sussed out and no longer influences games, colback had him in his back pocket all night. Lawrence frustrated me all night, him and Malone down that left side will be exploited by good sides. Malone can't defend, he looks desperate when he tries anyway. He must know Lolley from Huddersfield, allowed him on his left foot countless times. We need to dip into the January market, a left back should be our priority. A few positives, bogle was decent and Marriott looked dangerous as usual. 

2 minutes ago, lukedcfc said:

It was a poor game, forest had a little more quality around the box and should of won to be honest. Mount has been Sussed out and no longer influences games, colback had him in his back pocket all night. Lawrence frustrated me all night, him and Malone down that left side will be exploited by good sides. Malone can't defend, he looks desperate when he tries anyway. He must know Lolley from Huddersfield, allowed him on his left foot countless times. We need to dip into the January market, a left back should be our priority. A few positives, bogle was decent and Marriott looked dangerous as usual. 

Please explain why they should have won? Did they have goals disallowed? Did they have a blatent penalty turned down?

2 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Keith Stroud either hates us or is having a mare. But from his decisions you'd have to believe he hates us. Derby players clattered left, right and centre with nothing given (including a blatant pen). We win the ball and he keeps giving them freekicks. Fourth official needs to get hold of the him at half time and make the point he owes us big time. 

Lino at it now. Grabnan a yard offside in the middle but allowed to run through. We so badly need VAR. These guys are terrible. 

I’ve seen the moans about moaning about the ref , but I agree he really was that one sided, in that they knew from early on all they had to do at a challenge was to hit the floor to ensure possession. I know this quite standard in football, but tonight was another level. 

Will have to have another look at our pen shout, but realistically anything other than a stonewall was gonna be given tonight 

Predictable derby game. Scrappy and lacking quality. Always the same. Thought the crowd were nervous which perhaps explains the slight lack of atmosphere. Away fans are generally louder than home fans in any case as it's the 'core' that tend to travel. It wouldn't surprise me if we are louder than them at the away fixture. 

Thought a draw was a fair result. We were below par and they are nothing to write home about really. 

Not much quality from either side . Another poor officiating display. Missed a blatant penalty, couple of corners , endless fouls  , stopped play with an advantage , gave advantage when clearly there wasn’t any. 

Thought Malone struggled tonight defending . Happy with a point in the end.

Dull game between two teams who cancelled each other out. Lots of effort and commitment, very little quality. Never had any kind of spark to it, either with or without the ball.

Frank almost gifted them the game taking Lawrence off, putting Nugent up top and leaving our left flank totally exposed, leading to a couple of excellent chances for them late in the game. Odd tactics. 

5 or 6 out of 10 for everyone tonight except the centre halves, who get an extra point. 

Felt for Marriott. They had a makeshift defence yet the service he received was on the whole woeful.

Still, a clean sheet and a point is ok and 0-0 was exactly the right score for that game. Neither team deserved to win.

6 minutes ago, Ruda Harliss said:

I’ve seen the moans about moaning about the ref , but I agree he really was that one sided, in that they knew from early on all they had to do at a challenge was to hit the floor to ensure possession. I know this quite standard in football, but tonight was another level. 

Will have to have another look at our pen shout, but realistically anything other than a stonewall was gonna be given tonight 

Yes mate the ref was very poor tonight, and believe me that was a certain penalty, it was so easy to give as well, about time refs where interviewed at the end of games, to answear certain decisions they are giving, managers have to do it, players have to do it, about time these jumped up twits like Stroud start doing it, yes we where robbed again, sky sports saw it  Frank Lampard saw it, I sure it, you saw it , 31000 saw it, but that twit Stroud saw duck all again, it boils my blood, how these refs get away with murder, rant over, time for bed lol. Once a Ram always a Ram.

1 hour ago, TuffLuff said:

Some will hate me saying this, but we missed Bradley Johnson tonight. Will take a clean sheet though, in someways long term that will be as good as a win.

Shocker from the ref, played into Forest’s hands. Summed up in his treatment of the Lawrence injury.

We need to freshen up in January.

Yeah, I’m sorry but some will hate you for that, personally he has his uses, today was not one. Squad player still though 

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

One thing that has come out of today? I hope that Leeds don’t get promoted. Their fans are unbearable, what a bunch of weirdos with them commenting on our twitter feed. Do our fans go on Leeds’ twitter feed whenever they don’t win? Then again, we all already knew what they were like.

Their fans aspire to be as awful, reputation wise, as who we think.

This alone shows a problem with intelligence. 

This is quite worrying for the human race when they claim so much support 

Lots of hype, didn’t live up to it. Both teams cancelled each other out. Kawanka thought Forest deserved to win?! Don’t know what game he watched but it wasn’t the one i was at. We actually had the better chances, not to mention the stonewall pen. Thought joe lolley actually summed it up perfectly when he said draw was fair. They had chances and we did but neither did enough.

As for Derby, i had major concerns about us defensively, tonight was our most assured defensive performance of the season in my view. Attacking wise we’re not quite firing, largely as Bryson and Mount are possibly not fully match fit right now. Brys need 6-8 matches before he plays his best (he was back to his best before he got injured), and I think Mount has reverted slightly to how he was in the first couple of games.

We can play loads better than we did tonight but Tonight has proved we can actually defend when we put our mind to it. We will get our attacking verve back, mixed in with being slightly more solid then it’s really looking good. If we’re still in playoff mix after the Leeds game, we’ve got a great chance.

I think the red dogs will be in the mix too

Archived