V Notts F*rest (h) match day thread

RiddingsRam

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stop the fooking head tennis!!!! Our front 6 players have a combined height of 6ft 2 and we insist on nodding it on. Stupid poo does my head in

Some real graft gone in. Bryson getting old. Thought that all season. He's not quite the terrier he once was, he gets done on the turn every time and just a bit flat footed sometimes. He can't help it but just something that's starting to show in his game. 

Bogle is lucky. 

Marriott has been brill.

Wasted set pieces

Marriott and Bryson need to be a bit sharper. 

Lawrence is a mixed bag. One moment of infuriating greed followed by the laziest defending ever. But some of his play has been very good. 

Looking to Wilson and Marriott here. 

They've got our full backs pinned and both seem flustered? Is that fair or is it just me that's got little faith in our full backs?

Pretty even half. 

2 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

Come on behave it wasn't a red for Bogle

He flew in with his arm and had zero chance of winning the ball. He may not have gone in to hurt and he may not have lead with the elbow, I don't know, but leading with an arm that late? Daft.

4 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The lads did well to not lose their heads after not getting the penalty, not getting the freekick for the foul on Wilson, then a dodgy freekick for a non-existent foul by Lawrence. Could easily have gone the way of Rotherham. 

HT came at a good time for us, with them starting to pile the pressure on. Fairly even overall (them maybe edging it ever so slightly)

Absolutely this. Now we have to regroup and channel our anger at these terrible decisions. Wilson's wasn't the only time one of our guys was absolutely flattened and Stroud simply waved play on. 

Relatively happy with the first half, think Frank has told the guys to get it to our front line as fast as possible and put their makeshift back 4 under pressure as much as possible. Neither of our midfield is having much of a game, seems like we're trying to play second balls or third man running, but Marriott is being wrestled or we're not playing to his feet.

We're having more luck down the flanks and they look dodgy on crosses so I think we should keep doing that.

Not sure why we are quite so slow starting second halfs lately...we seem to go into lethargic made for some reason.

Regards mason,he really seemed to benefit from having Wilson alongside him in midfield and has looked a little lost since he returned to the wing.....I think we are less able since the change too.

We just need a spark here though...one goal and I think they will collapse under the expectation.

Archived