V Notts F*rest (h) match day thread

RiddingsRam

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Topram said:

What did frank say about the atmosphere 

Nothing publically, but it has been discussed internally at the club that despite the general positivity in the fan base, the stadium has been quite quiet this season, they need more support. And hes not the only one who feels that way.

Slightly disappointing. Could have gone either way.

i thought the ref had a shocker with numerous decisions in forest's favour and i don't normally get too excited by the ref.

the highlight was wilsons volley

the low point was having to sit near kenny 'the walrus' burns. Bob kirkland invites him along every year. (Bob - why not invite kevin hector for once?)

The other highlight was i realised i walking to the ground just behind the legend that is @B4ev6is

yellow coat. Headphones on. Head down. dad in attendance.

Tempted to give him a big hug and say hello. But chickened out.

Another time.

21 minutes ago, cannable said:

Atmosphere was pathetic, South Stand’s a waste of space and that’s coming from somebody who’s a member of it 

Yeah the situation has needed addressing for a while. The stadium has a whole has a lot of potential for a great atmosphere but it rarely has fulfilled it.

We need help in the midfield both to retain the ball and create, it was crying out for that today. Hopefully Frank can weave his magic in Jan

Thought Carson made some great saves, but he’s soooooo slow to release the ball sometimes, really frustrates me. 

Draw fair result, two poor performances tonight. Ref was poo 

5 minutes ago, Dean_Saunders said:

If you taken Grabben out of their side, they would be a pretty average team.

If you leave Grabban in their team they are still very ordinary and that's the disappointing thing.

Really should have targeted their centre backs by running at them and getting in behind...instead we seemed to hit long ball after long ball. 

8 minutes ago, TomBustler1884 said:

Nothing publically, but it has been discussed internally at the club that despite the general positivity in the fan base, the stadium has been quite quiet this season, they need more support. And hes not the only one who feels that way.

It’s been bloody awful, getting worse each match 

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

If you leave Grabban in their team they are still very ordinary and that's the disappointing thing.

Really should have targeted their centre backs by running at them and getting in behind...instead we seemed to hit long ball after long ball. 

They had Dawson and Fox missing which from the fans point of view was a big miss they had a RB playing LB should of gone at them but we never did 

To have and to have not a penalty.

Welcome to Derby Frank and welcome to Championship football. If TL was wearing a Chelsea shirt he'd have been given 2 penalties for that. It's how football has been unfortunately working for many years now. Even Leeds Utd would have been given a penalty for that, what with a load of Leeds fans working for Sky etc.

I thought the atmosphere sounded good on Sky Sports but hey ho that's probably the power of Sky Sports. 

Those at the game obviously know the score.

I thought it was an entertaining game, plenty of pride and passion and we go again in the next game.

Up The Rams.

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Frustrating evening, so few clear chances for us despite some enterprising approach play. Lawrence blew the opportunity to slide Marriott in and there went our biggest hope of a winner.

He should have passed, but I don't think it was the easiest ball. I was disappointed with Marriott at the end when he won the ball off Dawinka because a simple ball across was a certain goal, but maybe he already knew the ref had blown up for a foul (again!). Thought Mariiott was just stronger than the defender.

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Impressed with Bogle today. Very calm when in possession, recovered well when Forest were breaking, and a few nice dribbles. My man of the match. 

Bogle was excellent. Had a really good game defensively and what a volley early on. Those saying he should have seen red need to take a look at themselves. He didn't elbow anyone. He just jumped with his arm out, as sometimes happened. Yellow definitely the right call.

4 minutes ago, Topram said:

Everyone seems to be going on about Carson’s save from Grabben which was great but from the reply I saw when down in concourse he looked a mile offside

One of a few occasions Grabban was clearly off in the replays and not given. But it wasn't a save - Carson was beaten but Malone got back to slide in and put it out for a corner.

Overall, a very scrappy game. Both sides had passing stats in the 60s with ours only slightly better than theirs. On the whole we dominated and made most of the running, but they had two or three good spells. Obviously big decisions change games and if the ref had given us the blatant pen it would have been a very different game. And we had no protection, bad challenges rained in on Wilson and Lawrence.

Mount looks a little lost without his mate in midfield, and Bryson looks as though he could do with a rest. I say bring the dream team of Mount and Wilson back in midfield. Have to say the defence looked very strong. All five (with the goalie) were good. Never a hint of a dodgy pass from Carson or the defenders. Often we were a bit too close together in midfield and got the ball stuck between us. Big Tom's passing was very off for once.

Marriott was brilliant. Harry Wilson has incredible technique. Tom was dangerous.

No one really stood out and no one played badly. We went long about 10 times more than we have all season, but that always seems to happen in this fixture.It's kind of wrong to give Carson MotM as I didn't feel we were under much pressure but because he's had some poor games this season he might take it. Thought Keogh was ever so good so he makes a good shout. And Marriott fed well off scraps.

My summary would be that we stood up to them and were strong but didn't show the class we know we have. And the ref gave us nothing when it was clear he really should have given us something. We move on. Tom Lawrence looked pretty badly hurt. Hope he's OK. Not even a booking from Mr Stroud...

Archived