V Notts F*rest (h) match day thread

RiddingsRam

Some will hate me saying this, but we missed Bradley Johnson tonight. Will take a clean sheet though, in someways long term that will be as good as a win.

Shocker from the ref, played into Forest’s hands. Summed up in his treatment of the Lawrence injury.

We need to freshen up in January.

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

Their defence was donkey and they played 5 in midfield. Grabban was constantly offfside and they got away with a stonewall obvious penalty and red card for dangerous play!

Red cards? Bogle especially and Tomori could easily have seen red....

9 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Pretty poor game overall in my opinion where both sides lacked quality. We lack creativity in the advanced midfield. Huddlestone provides this when he ventures forward but as a sitting midfielder his passing quality can sometimes be wasted and makes us vulnerable on the counter. 

Would like to see Holmes having an extended run in the side starting in midfield ahead of Bryson. Or reassess the situation again in January. Someone like Barry Bannan would be a nice fit as he can play deeper to help Huddlestone or link the play higher up field.

Didn't we look better with Wilson in the middle and Waghorn wide?

I like Wilson wide but he's just as good in the middle and somehow when Waghorn plays we don't really miss Wilson out wide.

It's Jozefzoon (who I can't figure out if he's good or Camara) who doesn't seem to fit the team. He just doesn't work well with anyone. Confuses his full back and doesn't link well. 

Our best performances have been Waghorn wide and Wilson middle?

10 minutes ago, JarodyDCFC said:

Carson my personal man of the match, made a couple crucial saves and his distrubution was much better.

Best ive seen him play this season... looked off it in recent weeks but back on it for todays game 

2 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Did we? Thought we were the better side for the first half hour but after that they were the better side and looked more likely to snatch a winner...

I think you're stretching that a bit!

Hard to control a game of that nature and Nige was bang on pre-match about teams not wanting to lose. That made it a bit more cagey from 70 onwards. No accusations of any of the XI not putting in a proper shift - first class effort. 

Happy enough with a draw, as I suspect Norwich and Leeds are. 

1 minute ago, Alpha said:

Didn't we look better with Wilson in the middle and Waghorn wide?

I like Wilson wide but he's just as good in the middle and somehow when Waghorn plays we don't really miss Wilson out wide.

It's Jozefzoon (who I can't figure out if he's good or Camara) who doesn't seem to fit the team. He just doesn't work well with anyone. Confuses his full back and doesn't link well. 

Our best performances have been Waghorn wide and Wilson middle?

Yeah we did. I like Waghorn on the right as he provides workrate and cover to Bogle and if Marriott is getting outnumbered, he can move inside to help him but others don’t seem to think he was that good and it appears that Lampard doesn’t particularly rate him highly as he hasn’t started for a while. I don’t think Wilson is as good as a right winger, I prefer him either in the middle like you said or as a left winger. 

Against Bristol City I’d like to see Huddlestone, Holmes, Mount in midfield with Waghorn, Marriott and Wilson up front, same back 5. 

Don't really get all the ref complaints. There was a lot to deal with and the bigger stuff he got wrong kind of favoured us.

I mean the Lawrence penalty claim... Yeah I thought penalty but it's a swing at the ball that wraps around onto Lawrence. It wasn't a karate kick. I'd have gave a penalty but i would have also had a moment to think whether to send Tomori and Bogle off. I think Tomori would have gone and Bogle maybe survive depending on how the linesman saw it. 

We didn't do enough to deserve it imo. Fair result. Can't really understand the complaints. 

One thing that has come out of today? I hope that Leeds don’t get promoted. Their fans are unbearable, what a bunch of weirdos with them commenting on our twitter feed. Do our fans go on Leeds’ twitter feed whenever they don’t win? Then again, we all already knew what they were like.

Forest will probably be aggrieved to not have 3 points with the 3 big chances they had. Grabbon first half and Lolly's two chances cutting inside.

Feel for Hudd today, played vs 3 midfielders virtually on his own today. Bryson and Mount offered nothing to note.

Marriott pick of the bunch today with Bogle (second half) close second.

Would love to know how the ref and lino failed to see the penalty incedent. Was a stone wall penalty and the game would have been totally different had it been given.

Still.. didnt lose, another clean sheet and a few players back from injury in time for the xmas period. 

1 minute ago, Alpha said:

Don't really get all the ref complaints. There was a lot to deal with and the bigger stuff he got wrong kind of favoured us.

I mean the Lawrence penalty claim... Yeah I thought penalty but it's a swing at the ball that wraps around onto Lawrence. It wasn't a karate kick. I'd have gave a penalty but i would have also had a moment to think whether to send Tomori and Bogle off. I think Tomori would have gone and Bogle maybe survive depending on how the linesman saw it. 

We didn't do enough to deserve it imo. Fair result. Can't really understand the complaints. 

It was a penalty and a booking if not a sending off. A boot into the chest is an offence regardless of the intent.It would have swung the game and the ref is a disgrace for not giving an incident he certainly saw.

Archived