V Notts F*rest (h) match day thread

RiddingsRam

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Don't really get all the ref complaints. There was a lot to deal with and the bigger stuff he got wrong kind of favoured us.

I mean the Lawrence penalty claim... Yeah I thought penalty but it's a swing at the ball that wraps around onto Lawrence. It wasn't a karate kick. I'd have gave a penalty but i would have also had a moment to think whether to send Tomori and Bogle off. I think Tomori would have gone and Bogle maybe survive depending on how the linesman saw it. 

We didn't do enough to deserve it imo. Fair result. Can't really understand the complaints. 

It’s not about decisions though, it’s how a refs control a game that grinds people. Letting Forest players grab the ball, kick it away or stand in front of free kicks is only playing into one team’s hands. That’s where the frustration is.

Scrappy

Scott Carson MOTM for me. 

Marriott worked his socks off and was given nothing to play with and yes Hudds is class but he knows it just a tad too much in games like this. Wilson had an excellent 60 mins then faded, Bogle looking better defensively. Penalty might have helped but the truth is we Didn’t  win second balls, way too much poor passing and decision making for players at this level, ball pinging around in the air made it look like a league or two lower. Surrendered midfield in the second half, only Hudds general composure prevented chaos

I suppose these things happen in some local Derby games .. at least we got a point which shut up the 2 blokes near me, who from 60 mins on kept saying “effing last minute forest winner” ..”they’re going to sneak one any minute” “there’s going to be a dodgy pens any second now” ...... lads, lads .... think it but don’t say it ! 

Gumps  have nothing to crow about as they were pretty ineffective too. ... onwards 

Roll on Saturday 

7 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I think if the ref had seen a replay of the Bogle challenge he would have been off.....

I’ve not seen it, as I say it looked reckless but there didn’t look like much intent. We’ve probably seen players sent off for less, I think all in all it was sensible from what I’ve seen in real time.

44 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Some will hate me saying this, but we missed Bradley Johnson tonight. Will take a clean sheet though, in someways long term that will be as good as a win.

Shocker from the ref, played into Forest’s hands. Summed up in his treatment of the Lawrence injury.

We need to freshen up in January.

Agree we were missing a bit of bite in midfield. 

Bit disappointing all round. Frank is right to be worried about atmosphere if that's the best we can manage for an East Midlands derby.

Bryson just seems too off the pace these days.

Carson and the defence were solid today.

Huddlestone's radar was slightly off on his long balls. Mount couldn't get in the game.

Front three worked hard but working off scraps.

Ref wouldn't let the game flow at all.

Have to be satisfied with a draw. But must now beat Brizzle

24 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

Im not sure if you saw it on TV but the tackle hardly touched him. It was the exaggerated way he jumped up and landed that injured himself. 

Hmmm from my angle I’d say when a player tries to go through the back of you with their legs spread and your struggling to know where to land your feet, hence losing control, is exactly how the sort of injury occurs. I also think, whether Lawrence jumps or not, players know what they are doing when attempting to challenge from the back and through someone.

Just now, TomBustler1884 said:

Bit disappointing all round. Frank is right to be worried about atmosphere if that's the best we can manage for an East Midlands derby.

Bryson just seems too off the pace these days.

Carson and the defence were solid today.

Huddlestone's radar was slightly off on his long balls. Mount couldn't get in the game.

Front three worked hard but working off scraps.

Ref wouldn't let the game flow at all.

Have to be satisfied with a draw. But must now beat Brizzle

What did frank say about the atmosphere 

Poor game tonight, not a nail bitten. Lacked that one touch play for a while now. Bryson like a madman for 20 mins then looked spent. 

Strange decision IMO to bring Nugent on for Lawro, as we weren’t really near their box, surely jozephoon to run at them?

bit if an anti climax really, took 3 nights off work for that ?. Thought apart from the end of the first half they offered nothing to worry about really, save from Carson 2nd half but was a bread and butter save really.

How on earth did they score 5 against Villa ?? What a bizarre league it is this year. Do we want promotion unless we are head  and shoulders above the rest? Or is it that the top 10 ATM are good enough for the premiership next season?

?

Below par  again today I’m afraid. Bryson sucks the creativity out of midfield. Get Wilson back in the middle and Waghorn out wide. Could have been 2-2 and possibly 10 a side. but we have taken 7 points from the last 9 without playing well. just think what damage we can do once we start firing on all cylinders 

I've been critical of Carson at times this season but that was an absolutely world class save to keep us level.

Thought the centre backs did ok and Marriott gave their back line a hard time.

Other than that thought we were pretty poor again.

See the same old names getting slated but for me Mount has been a passenger for the last 4 or 5 games. Need to find a way of getting him involved in games or maybe look at a change of fomation. 

Archived