V Notts F*rest (h) match day thread

RiddingsRam

On 15/12/2018 at 12:18, Lambchop said:

Why would you advocate bullying people who sit on their own?

Not very nice, is it. 

It's a joke. I'm not advocating it. 

What is wrong with you?

I suppose the forum would be that little bit more boring without you. 

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This isn’t the first time a match against Forest was Monday night. Our visit to the Sh*ty Ground in 98/99 was also on a Monday night (on Sky).

It was actually the first Derby/forest match I’d seen. It was a 2-2 draw.

For those unhappy about it being on a Monday night, it’s our own fault for scoring 2 own goals at Chelsea. If we hadn’t we might’ve been playing Bournemouth midweek instead.

4 hours ago, Lambchop said:

Like on Top Gear?

I think 'someone' is missing the political threads.....?

Anyway back to business. I think if we have pretensions to top 2 then we should be looking for all 3points tonight. Get us on the front foot before the Xmas period.

Really hope we stick to our principles and play some nice football.  That form from our purple patch seems a while back now...would like to see us really smother and suffocate a team again.

On 15/12/2018 at 21:38, Tim Bucktoo said:

That video is ace. Is there a better voice in ‘pop’ music? Probably not. 

Saw Paul Heston and Jacqui Abbot this summer and it was unbelievably brilliant. 

Stone Roses are the best (IMO?) but Heaton’s voice is unrivalled.

Totally ageee with this mate, I’ve seen him live loads (Beautful South and with Jacqui Abbot, sadly missed The Housemartins) and he’s brilliant. Did you see the documentary on Channel 4 last week, From Hull To Heatongrad?  It’s superb.

On 08/12/2018 at 21:58, philmycock said:

I feel your pain, why did I have to meet a bird from Chilwell and then think it was a good idea to buy a house with her in this interbreeding area?! Bluebell at 1pm for a swift Doom Bar before train? ? 

Forgot my daughter’s swimming lesson so won’t be able to make this. Will end up driving over I think and stopping in Derby. Another time maybe?

Its always a nervous time whenever we play Forest, I think the last time i was confident about a win was the 5-0 game.

They have some really good players who people seem to be barking on about ie. Grabban, Lolley and Carvalho. But are we forgetting that we have Wilson, Lawrence, Waghorn, Marriott and Mount in our ranks? Not to mention Jozefzoon and Nugent (who loves a goal v forest) on the bench? 

I have confidence in this team, from back to front. If we play like we can and stick to what we do best then i will be very happy. For me the biggest thing is that we play OUR way, we do the things which suit us and keep doing them even if its not worked once or twice. I just want us to go out there and show Forest and the league what weve got and what we can do.  

The defence can be prone to a lack luster performance BUT - Keogh and Tomori managed to contain Lukaku for 90 mins up at  Old Trafford, Along with Bogle who played 87 mins against Martial? The same 3 plus Malone played away at Chelsea and had the experience of facing Morata, Willian and Pedro. They should take confidence from this and hopefully put in an almighty shift back there.

1 hour ago, LazloW said:

I feel like this is the first time in a long time that we aren’t going into this game as definitely the better team.  Quite nervous.  

Good. 

Sick of some fans going in every year expecting to win and having a meltdown. Play properly today and the football will do the talking 

I’m kinda less nervous about tonight’s game, mainly because it’s hard to know what to expect. It’s not quite a season definer but I think it’ll give us a sense of where we will be aiming for come May. Win and we may start looking like proper title contenders without playing at our best yet, if we lose then it’s starting to look more likely to be play offs...especially when considering our Xmas run.

Its just gonna be a good game and we will know more about our squad after the game. It’s really hard to predict anything before!

Archived