V Notts F*rest (h) match day thread

RiddingsRam

I'm worried about this one... we were outplayed by Villa, but Forest put 5 past them. OK they conceded 5 as well, but they stood up to them, whereas we capitulated to Villa's bullying.

Hopefully, Forest's defensive injury woes will not be fixed in time!

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, KCG said:

I'm worried about this one... we were outplayed by Villa, but Forest put 5 past them. OK they conceded 5 as well, but they stood up to them, whereas we capitulated to Villa's bullying.

Hopefully, Forest's defensive injury woes will not be fixed in time!

Stuff that! mariotts on fire your defence is terrified, mariotts  on fire! 3-0 Derby marriott 1st goal Mason mount 2 

What Villa did to us and what Forest did to Villa means very little, both sides drew with West Brom and look what we did.

Didn't Forest just lose at home to Preston 1-0? We beat them 2-0. It's the Championship, anything can happen. 

This is the most difficult Gump game for a while. Not sure how this will go as all results are possible.  Derby can play football that will blow sides away, I expect us to do that on Monday but for how long and when we do will we capitalise on it. I hear all of the stuff about Grabigump but Marriott has an eye for goal as well.

I have to back the Rams but it could be high scoring, 3-2 Rams for me but a tough one 

54 minutes ago, David said:

What Villa did to us and what Forest did to Villa means very little, both sides drew with West Brom and look what we did.

Didn't Forest just lose at home to Preston 1-0? We beat them 2-0. It's the Championship, anything can happen. 

Yep. Leeds beat Derby 4-1. Derby Beat West Brom 4-1. West Brom beat Leeds 4-1.

Just in case we win, and are comfortable doing so, I've made a chant.

'Fat Kenny can't wait

For food on his plate

So he's eating a pie

His belt's giv-ing way.

You're getting sacked Karanka

Getting sacked Karanka

After today.'

The teams who roll us over are the strong, physical teams with a good mix of skill and thuggery. I suspect other managers will now  know this and set up accordingly. I also suspect that the 2 red cards we’ve seen in the last few games could easily be 3 on Monday. With the match on telly the ref could easily be sending a dirty forest barsteward off. 

4 minutes ago, SillyBilly said:

Not looking like a sell out at all which is a little disappointing. Would have been nice to get a full crowd out but can understand fans not wanting to make £40+ a ticket + family tickets if going together +other costs just before xmas. Shame on the prices really.

It’s just single seats now. Always near enough sells out on the day. 

Whilst this video is most certainly nothing to do with me, I was sat in a nearby seat for this one (i.e. I had a similar view).

Not only is this quite possibly my all time favourite single minute from these fixtures, I thought it worth posting, for those who have recently counselled their concerns about the possible lack of atmos (that's atmosphere, to those who are not down with the kids) in the North Stand...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grjlxFLAigU

I particularly like how the film maker has seductively slowed down the critical few seconds as the ball is jettisoned from the handsome features of the scorer, before almost tearing through the netting with an almost missile-like entry into the goal.  Poetry in motion, as they say!

XI: Carson, Bogle, Keogh, Tomori, Malone, Huddlestone, Mount, Bryson, Wilson, Lawrence, Marriott

I think in a game like this, you need players who understand or can handle the occasion, so the likes of Keogh, Huddlestone, Bryson and Lawrence will have important roles to play.

Huddlestone and Bryson especially hold the keys for us. If they play well and win their midfield battles, that’ll be the platform for victory I think.

2-1 Derby. Lawrence and Marriott to score.

People will obviously worry about Grabban, Lolley and Carvalho and the danger of us being run ragged like we were against Leeds and Villa.

I’m not. After all they will be worrying about Marriott, Wilson, Lawrence and Mount just as much.

For me, I think Dawson holds all of the aces for Forest. If he is fit and plays well, it will be a big boost for them.

What a difference his leadership, experience, organisational skills, anticipation, passion for the shirt, and understanding of the importance of this game could make.

Archived