v Stoke City (A) Match Thread

Comrade 86

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, Topram said:

It happened with Bamford didn’t it, I don’t boo and I certainly wouldn’t give Ince stick he was a good player at Derby

I don't agree with booing ex or present players/managers  I would rather fans get behind the team but waving inflatable snakes at Rowett would be good fun better than shouting abuse.  Hopefully the police will not over react wouldn't want a meeting of COBRA over this. 

I had actually booked the Thursday off work so I could go and not have to leave early because of the time I have to start work in the morning. But the tickets sold out faster than a Muse gig, so its round to my son's house to watch on Murdoch fixture-screwing machine, with loads of time to celebrate!

I will guess at Stoke 1 Derby 2 ...... or 3.

Having heard the snake's interview I've decided I shall hiss and wave my snake when the snake appears and then when the rams come out and for the rest of the match I will sing shout Frank's praise and totally ignore the snake. If and hopefully when we win the match I will hiss and wave my snake and shout something to the effect of good riddance snake! Can't wait for tomorrow!

12 hours ago, McLovin said:

I get shivers down my spine everytime I look back at Rowett's tenure here. Wisdom as a right wing back, Johnson as a no 10, selling Hughes and Ince, eugh. Stokies are welcome to him. They will probably win now I've said that but his football long term isn't sustainable and it's so boring to watch.

Don’t forget the performances against Sunderland H and Burton A. He deserves stick just for those let alone anything else.

2 hours ago, smiths_tavrn said:

A poor Stoke performance, who knows some Stoke fans might even join in with the Derby fans abusing Rowett.

Indeedy:

'We are absolutely poo and the games are boring the life out of me but I will be there.

I might even join the Derby fans in abusing rowett' 

Read more:  http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/284013/#ixzz5Y6p1nU9s

6 hours ago, DavesaRam said:

I noticed a regular comment on their forum is about the lack of a link from midfield to strikers. But Gary hasssssssssss already provided the link - its the almighty great hoof from the defender. Simples!

Wow the link brings a. Nightmarsh sense of what Rowettball was like last season

Lampard appears to be from another world where everyone loves to play football and to be entertaining. Promotion is almost an irrelevant question. Lampard's football will bring success at every level in time. COYR

9 hours ago, Dappled Ram said:

Having heard the snake's interview I've decided I shall hiss and wave my snake when the snake appears and then when the rams come out and for the rest of the match I will sing shout Frank's praise and totally ignore the snake. If and hopefully when we win the match I will hiss and wave my snake and shout something to the effect of good riddance snake! Can't wait for tomorrow!

I think this is the way to go. By booing and doing offensive chants, it suggests we are hurt by his departure. He'll be expecting that too and will be trying to use it to fire himself and the team up.

"He's one of our own" might confuse him sufficiently. Either way, he'll look a bit silly with us all waving our snakes around.

"Rowett, give us a wave" for ages until he finally gives us a signal. Hopefully he'll swear and get sent off.

"265 million, you're having a laugh" to have a go at the owners might be funny too.

Lots of cheers for Tom Ince too and "one of our own" too.

Best outcome; 4-0 Rams win, Ole's ring around the Bet365 from the contingent in the away stand, "It's just like watching Brazil" does the rounds. Rowett's sent off with 5 minutes to go and the 3000 travelling faithful get a chance to give it to him.

Worst case; We get battered 4-0. Stoke are singing rugby songs. Rowett's smiling. 3000 of you look like idiots. 

Come on Derby.

9 minutes ago, superzak said:

There an interesting read on skysports about tonights game. After 18 games under Gary we were 1 point better off than now..scored 2 more goals and conceded 1 less. 

This one? 

These really are better days, arn't they. Win or lose tonight i still know who i;d rather have as our manager

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11696/11565219/what-has-frank-lampard-changed-at-Derby

Don't get me wrong, Rowett deserves all the stick that's coming to him but I would question why we're bothering. He was at best a divisive manager here (albeit one I supported when he was here) & most were glad to see him go. You should really only bother giving grief to an ex-manager if you 'cared' about his departure.

He's also a pretty unflappable character & think he's relishing the needle. Look how he enjoyed giving the Forest fans grief. He'll have his lot really pumped up for this one.

The best way to deal with him & Stoke is to constantly sing about Lampard & Derby once the game begins. 

As to the game itself, I suspect he'll set Stoke up to press us relentlessly, soak up pressure & get a result by any means possible - its going to be a tough night & a real test of Lampard's nous to work out how to combat this kind of 'anti-football'

Archived