v Stoke City (A) Match Thread

Comrade 86

I love how they took Rowett of our hands & paid for the pleasure. we’re miles better off without him

what makes it even sweeter is they were all creaming up when they first got him & thought we were being bitter when we said he was crap. Theyre now realising what a fraud he is & in uproar. Hope we absolutely pump them 5-0 

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, Will the Ram said:

The op said Stoke are responsible which implies that they’re talking about the football team, not the city.

I have posted many famous musicians and bands from the city of the team we are playing against on previous match threads, as I have done on this thread. I know Robbie Williams is a Port Vale fan, but he was born in Stoke on Trent and I was talking about the city and not what football team he supports. Implies is whatever conclusion you'd like to jump too, whereas I'm now explaining to you, where I was coming from..........which is Inverurie, Aberdeenshire via Hull. 

Carson

Tomori             Keogh           Davies           Malone

Huddlestone

Bryson               Mount

Waghorn               Marriott                Wilson

14 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

I have posted many famous musicians and bands from the city of the team we are playing against on previous match threads, as I have done on this thread. I know Robbie Williams is a Port Vale fan, but he was born in Stoke on Trent and I was talking about the city and not what football team he supports. Implies is whatever conclusion you'd like to jump too, whereas I'm now explaining to you, where I was coming from..........which is Inverurie, Aberdeenshire via Hull. 

Sorry I didn’t realise that you were the op. It’s not how I imply it, it’s how it reads.

I just think it’s a bit daft posting about someone relating to a team if they don’t support that team (eg posting Oasis videos in the Man Utd thread).

43 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Concerned we’re going to struggle here.

We don’t do well against shithouse teams and rowett will be at peak shithouse for our visit.

Hope I’m wrong and we rinse them though as he’ll have no where to hide!

Been good in the most recent shithouse fixtures though...

Just now, 86 points said:

Been good in the most recent shithouse fixtures though...

To an extent although we came a cropper against Bolton, Rotherham and millwall.

Rowett will sit them back and hope for a lucky break and I fear he’ll get it.........if we can break them down and get back our pre international break form back we should muller them.

Fingers crossed!

7 hours ago, Will the Ram said:

Sorry I didn’t realise that you were the op. It’s not how I imply it, it’s how it reads.

I just think it’s a bit daft posting about someone relating to a team if they don’t support that team (eg posting Oasis videos in the Man Utd thread).

There will be Stoke fans coming on here getting increasingly irate that we're linking them with Robbeh. Which is of course funny. I can understand them being unhappy about it (hence it's good to do it), but I can't understand you being similarly outraged. 

Perhaps Robbeh protests too much? Perhaps he secretly loves the Stokies? Perhaps he's just been misunderstood? For any Stokies reading the thread... 

22 hours ago, Topram said:

Ince to get booed and score twice hope im wrong 

Davies and Bryson in for Holmes and Tomori 

I don’t get the booing of an ex player Topram. If I were getting booed I’d only want to up my game. Always liked Ince, He’ll no doubt enjoy winding us up, fair play he’s the opposition! 

Two away games in a week for me , not good this close to Xmas , ah well . Really looking forward to this. Should be some good banter and hopefully come back with 3 points . Is Bogle back for this or is he injured or just having a rest ? I'd go

Carson

Tomori.     Keogh.         Davies.     Malone 

Huddlestone

Mount                  Holmes 

Waghorn.          Marriott.        Wilson 

barring the potential of Bryson in for Holmes and Bogle in for Tomori that's our strongest 11 in my eyes .

On 25/11/2018 at 13:56, Topram said:

Ince to get booed and score twice hope im wrong 

20 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

One native posted.....I also don't think Ince does enough and is quite lazy.........

Funny thing is Ince set up both the goals v Q.P.R with two similar crosses to the back post, but was nowhere to be seen with the group of players celebrating both goals, maybe he disappeared for the rest of the game.

4 hours ago, SKRam said:

I don’t get the booing of an ex player Topram. If I were getting booed I’d only want to up my game. Always liked Ince, He’ll no doubt enjoy winding us up, fair play he’s the opposition! 

As long as someone tells Malone that Ince never ever ever uses his right foot, and instead always always always cuts inside to try to shoot on his left foot, we'll be fine.

I admire Ince because he's a talented modern footballer who would prefer to play than pick up a wage at the likes of Liverpool without ever getting a game. He should have been coached better and forced to develop more options than he has. Having finally got into the Prem with Huddersfield I was surprised he dropped back into the Championship, and with Rowett of all people, instead of fighting for a place at Huddersfield. But presumably he'd been told he wasn't going to play there. Which doesn't auger well for his future.

We got a great price for him and although he's gifted, I just never felt he enhanced the team. Was happy to see him move on, given the money.

Archived