v Stoke City (A) Match Thread

Comrade 86

1 hour ago, Parsnip said:

That was a bit ridiculous, the female journo just wanted to talk about Chelsea and I'm a Celebrity - Frank's too friendly, answers everything, imagine Jose Mourinho being asked these questions?!

Maybe a few years into the managerial game and Frank'll harden up.

Spot on Parsnip. Saw the ten mins plus for this conference, thought will enjoy this, then she gets in all that carp about that garbage. What were rest of journos doing. Someone should have interrupted and said ‘back to the football then’.  ?

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, SKRam said:

Spot on Parsnip. Saw the ten mins plus for this conference, thought will enjoy this, then she gets in all that carp about that garbage. What were rest of journos doing. Someone should have interrupted and said ‘back to the football then’.  ?

Chris Coles of Radio Derby got things back on track thankfully. I was expecting some jungle talk but not to be grilled on the Chelsea v Fulham game which was a little odd, where those quotes will end up who knows, sounded like she came for a casual chat without a notebook or article to write.

14 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Got off the train, attempted to walk to the ground. Google Maps sent me down some dead ends. Have had to settle for an Uber instead.

Did you happen to bump in to Rowett down one of those dead ends Burton? 

7 hours ago, David said:

79D86DCE-5FB2-4645-8CAA-073FEDA1D353.jpeg

Great post ... it explains why we are loving Frank and Jodie’s fabulous little adventure

percentages are a funny thing .. the shots per game for example 12 V 14 .. not huge ? But it’s an increase of more than 10% 

1 minute ago, jono said:

Great post ... it explains why we are loving Frank and Jodie’s fabulous little adventure

percentages are a funny thing .. the shots per game for example 12 V 14 .. not huge ? But it’s an increase of more than 10% 

Nice one Jono, I always appreciate Jodie getting a mention in posts. I’m sure he does too ?

just parked up in Stoke , always surprises me how many bearded , hairy arse , tattooed , knuckledraggers support Stoke , and thats just the women , looking forward to 3pts tonight and tearing Snake City apart in the process , hopefully Mr Rowetts pointy ears will be ringing with the chant of youre getting sacked in the morning at the final whistle tonight , COYR

Interesting lineup, horses for course against a no doubt quite thuggish stoke side wholl look to play on the counter? Would still have Tomori at right back and left Huddlestone where he was to be honest, granted in the latter case he may be being rested. Would have probably gone for Waghorn as well for some strength, but Bryson to rat around is a good call- we know what rowett teams are like. We wanna be strong defesnisively, fast and clinical tonight. It’s our only way past them. Hit them with speed, AND SCORE THE FIRST GOAL FFS, and we’ve got a good chance.

Summary of gary's interview

The reality is......its just a mentality.....a mental fing.......buuuuurt........of course......we've spoken about it.....and what i would say is.....i am aware of...it. .....it is what it is.......buuuurt we are working incredibly hard.........of course........i fink......sometimes.......we will....make whatever we fink we need to do.....look....absolutely.

Archived