v Stoke City (A) Match Thread

Comrade 86

On 25/11/2018 at 08:26, angieram said:

You just know, having put all that effort in, @86 points, that the first comment on here is someone pointing out your one mistake! DCFC Fans at its finest.

Great opening post, worthy of the win in itself. ???

Couldn’t have put it better myself. .. I think there might be an addition to the Mathews stat .. I could be wrong but I remember hearing once that Mathews last game coincided with 1st division debut of one George Best .. a genuine ringing of the changes in the football legends

Get an early one and they will retreat. Hit em hard, induce panic with super Frankie Lampards sexy football show 

( well I hope so at least ) 

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, SKRam said:

I don’t get the booing of an ex player Topram. If I were getting booed I’d only want to up my game. Always liked Ince, He’ll no doubt enjoy winding us up, fair play he’s the opposition! 

It happened with Bamford didn’t it, I don’t boo and I certainly wouldn’t give Ince stick he was a good player at Derby

13 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

As long as someone tells Malone that Ince never ever ever uses his right foot, and instead always always always cuts inside to try to shoot on his left foot, we'll be fine.

I admire Ince because he's a talented modern footballer who would prefer to play than pick up a wage at the likes of Liverpool without ever getting a game. He should have been coached better and forced to develop more options than he has. Having finally got into the Prem with Huddersfield I was surprised he dropped back into the Championship, and with Rowett of all people, instead of fighting for a place at Huddersfield. But presumably he'd been told he wasn't going to play there. Which doesn't auger well for his future.

We got a great price for him and although he's gifted, I just never felt he enhanced the team. Was happy to see him move on, given the money.

Four bloody excellent points in one post. Good work. 

Couldnt agree more.  You know he will always always cut inside and maybe that's why Premier League found him out. Less time ...less opportunities in s game meant he was a luxury teams couldnt afford. Nothing against the lad but he also seemed to reduce the performances of some other players rather than enhance them. Reminds me of Tom Lawrence in some ways....scores goals but seems frustrating to fans in equal measure.

Be interesting to see how Ince would have fit into a Lampard team. I personally think he hasn't quite got the composure or ball retention of Mount or Wilson but its a shame to see his career stall...think he's had his shot at the top now.

On 25/11/2018 at 08:59, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

My team:

………………………………..Carson...………………………………..

Tomori………………Keogh...…………Davies...…………Malone

……………………………….Hudds……………………………………….

……………..Wilson...…………………..Mount...……………………

Waghorn……………….Marriott...……………………Lawrence

If you shackle them together like that, then Stoke might just stand a chance

I get shivers down my spine everytime I look back at Rowett's tenure here. Wisdom as a right wing back, Johnson as a no 10, selling Hughes and Ince, eugh. Stokies are welcome to him. They will probably win now I've said that but his football long term isn't sustainable and it's so boring to watch.

Just wondering whether we should try to press them. Presumably they will just boot it long anyway. The worry is if we commit to press we may not have cover at the back to challenge for Crouch's knock downs. So are we best to drop back a bit, compete for the inevitable long ball and then attack from there? Tactically I'm not sure what's best.

10 minutes ago, clough08 said:

Just wondering whether we should try to press them. Presumably they will just boot it long anyway. The worry is if we commit to press we may not have cover at the back to challenge for Crouch's knock downs. So are we best to drop back a bit, compete for the inevitable long ball and then attack from there? Tactically I'm not sure what's best.

You mean take the opposition into account?

NEVER!! 

CHAAAAAAARGE.......... !! 

Archived