Match Thread V Chelsea (A)

Millenniumram

1 minute ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

Either Bogle or Keogh, Tomori would be a lot more solid defensively as a right back than Bogle but as controversial as it is I would say Keogh not just becuase he scored an own goal but becuase I think Davies is a more solid and no nonsense defender and with Tomori and Bogle in the team you need someone like that.

Keogh and Tomori were superb, other than the unlucky own goals, considering the skill of the opposition. Tomori especially looked better than Chelsea's defenders and Keogh made several excellent blocks and tackles. Bogle had a couple of bad moments against Willian, as most premiership fullbacks have, but at times he looked superb, miles better than anything you'll ever see in the Championship. 

I like Curtis but he's got his work cut out to get into this team.

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They played a very strong side tonight and had to bring better players on because we gave them a proper game on another night we win that...  now we have to do that in the league we play like that 4 games out of 5 we win go up top 2 it’s a tough ask but they are capable of it! Have to get behind them and try and get 30k at home because Lampard and this squad deserve it, we are getting the football Mel and the fans wanted let’s not waste this opportunity! Come on

5 minutes ago, SKRam said:

And from the Great Man .....

63D78337-925F-40D5-AE89-4226CD5AD035.png

Now if we are really going to talk about who ate all the pies then Sir Francis might have to be brought in for questioning 

cracking player, so glad he keeps an eye on us 

Haven't read all of the thread so not sure if this has been said but it's worth another mention. As good as the team was on the pitch, I thought the travelling support was fantastic too. Well done to everyone that went. You definitely spurred the lads on. More of the same for the rest of the season and we'll get to where we wanna be.

Support was amazing. We were adjacent to it in the east middle - a number of us Ram fans were in there. I have to say we were very well received by the Chelsea fans. (Except 1!!)

my mate (we are both die hards) bought corporate and the dinner hospitality / seats were excellent 

such a shame about the OGs but didn’t stop us - we were so proud of the Rams and the way they played

we stayed to see and hear the reception that FL got - how well liked is he!!!

well done Rams - worth every penny 

You know, I cannot remember a better cup tie played by DCFC since the 5-3 vs spurs in about 1973.

The og''s were just very unfortunate but to keep playing and give Chelsea a proper game was great to see. 

Very open game and we forced them to bring another couple of 1st team players on to go with the 3 who played from the start so clearly had them worried. 

They only really had the move for the 3rd goal and the header from cahill as clear chances,  for all their possession. We created clear openings and a few more nearly moments like the excellent early passing move that unfortunately mount overhit the pass out to lawrence who was clear on the left.

Great fun and we certainly put a marker down I think. ?

1 hour ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Haven't read all of the thread so not sure if this has been said but it's worth another mention. As good as the team was on the pitch, I thought the travelling support was fantastic too. Well done to everyone that went. You definitely spurred the lads on. More of the same for the rest of the season and we'll get to where we wanna be.

Support was amazing,I bet everyone’s knackered with all that bouncing.

1 hour ago, irobinson said:

Support was amazing. We were adjacent to it in the east middle - a number of us Ram fans were in there. I have to say we were very well received by the Chelsea fans. (Except 1!!)

my mate (we are both die hards) bought corporate and the dinner hospitality / seats were excellent 

such a shame about the OGs but didn’t stop us - we were so proud of the Rams and the way they played

we stayed to see and hear the reception that FL got - how well liked is he!!!

well done Rams - worth every penny 

I was in the West stand near to out lot, thought they were excellent all night, Chelsea were very quiet but I was told they were like that. There best song was about Frank....actually that was their only song. Whilst our lads went over to our fans the Chelsea players just walked off. Cracking game feel very proud this morning of the team and the fans. Loved the ssshhhhh in the second half

Had a great night, I did switch from where I was though, in corner on left hand side lower, because of some lad chewing his face off looking like he had snorted most of Colombia and had a weird obsession of picking out a particular Chelsea fan in the home end and calling them a “fluffin rent boy” about 56378 times. 

Huddz, Lawerence and Marriott really stood out for me.

You wanted excitement? You got it, be prepared to let in goals and chances. 

Now back to London this morning 

If you can’t love this football team we’ve currently got then I don’t think football is the sport for you. They just turn up against anyone and don’t care who it is. Yeah they’ll struggle against ugly hard to beat teams because of a lack of experience but barring Leeds we’ve outplayed every team who’s come at us (including premier league outfits). 

Fantastic night ,that’s the Derby we want to see ,when we were good under Mac 1 we still gave bigger sides in the cup too much respect and lay down for them but last night the minute you saw the team announced you had to smile because it just screamed we are comming to have a real go and measure what we are trying to do week in week out against prem teams ,no fear football and the Derby fans in the stadium responded to hat and did it proud with the loudest and most passionate rendition of Keogh Keogh I’ve been part of despite an own goal and it made me proud of our fans , you play without fear and you will still have mistakes and freak incidents but by Christ the plus side far outweighs that ,it’s time to start singing he’s one of our own to hudds as well .

frank lampard has united this club again in a way that it’s not been for many years even under Mac 1 and is showcasing us to the country/ world to a level not seen since we were the best team in the land and before the few grinch posters tell me to calm down and point out our faults ,forget it as I’m on board and loving it

Carson - very little to do 

bogle - nervous start but settled in the 2nd half

keogh - unlucky og but did well 

tomari - I once scored an og just like that - shame for tomari

malone - I don’t rate his defending sorry all 3 goals came from his patch 

Huddlestone- just a good player and now he is finding the runners - very promising 

mount - did ok 

wilson - covered lots of ground but couldn’t get on ball

waghorn - awful one on one but was there to net the second 

Lawrence- tried hard but couldn’t find an opening

marriott - pest - good goal one good shot and should have squared one - he is doing well 

subs Bennett - didn’t see much of the ball

forsyth - look like a Brazilian full back when he came on 

nugent - if only - could have been the hero two games running 

3 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Totally agree.

If you want to get on the Derby County bandwagon, get to the games - home or away - whenever you can and get behind the team 100%. We are part of this and we're going places! (And I don't mean just Stoke and Swansea.)

Archived