Match Thread V Chelsea (A)

Millenniumram

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Surprised Bris ain't turned up.

He’s hiding behind the bike sheds cos there’s a whole gang of duds, misfits and has beens after him. Some blokes, think the names were Marriott, Lawrence, Waghorn and Huddlestone  

7 minutes ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

We won't walk the championship, each game is competitive and teams will look to stifle us by sitting deep, before we get too excited we need to learn how to create chances against the teams down at the bottom who sit in and play direct. Our biggest  weaknesses are a lack of an outlet from goal kicks which makes it harder against the lesser teams  and our defending down the flanks and crosses coming into the box , if we sort that out we should have a great chance of promotion.

You keep trotting this out but if there's a world champion shithouse combo it's Pulis and Boro and we could have had 4 of 5 inside 30 mins against them. If you want to temper your excitement then fair play but stop telling everyone else to do the same. How other fans react to our performances is their business not yours.

My Chelsea mates full of praise for Marriott. Thought he was excellent again tonight. 

You cant go to places like that and give them 2 goals. How good was Willian by the way. 

For all those who wanted to pick silly line ups. Kiss my arse. 

Hope people make their trains tonight after they closed Fulham Broadway  

COYR

Home from the game. Safe journey to all of ya going back to Derby.

The great thing is we can compete against the very best. Even in the McClaren eras I felt our games against top opposition were about containment and damage limitation - maybe with a hope of sneaking it. Now we play with no fear and go to win.

A bit of a lack of control in the early stages with frenetic defence and early nerves and two own goals. What I'd say is after them, Tomori and Keogh were immense. Men of character. Keogh my man of the match, though harsh not to give it to Marriott and everyone played well.

I was right behind Nuge's shot at the end and it looked in all the way. Maybe it hit an oddly shaped blade of grass or something to devitate it by an infinitessimal amount to move it onto the post and out instead of onto the post and in.

And as for their third goal, it was an absolutely outrageous foul on Lawrence. Really diabolical decision by lino and cowardly by ref (who made a lot of bad decisions) not to overrule and give the blatant shove, If (and it's a very very very big if given our past few seasons) we can maintain this intensity then we will be promoted and then we'll have to get used to terrible decisions from officials because we'll start out as a small team in a big league.

If (and again it's a big if) we can keep Frank, Jody, Chris and Shay, then we'll be a big team soon.

Oh, and Marriott for England. Good to hear Southgate was watching. Proud of all of the players who were simply immense.

Do it again against Brum at the weekend.

4 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Can't help but wonder if that's the factor that sorted the squad back in the summer.

Indeed ! ... if you don’t fancy breaking a sweat then you don’t play. Never been into gossip for the sake of but that one would be a story worth hearing.

.There wasn’t any flagging tonight anyway .. full 90 min performance. I mean, I nearly fell off the sofa when Nuge hit the post, exhausting right to the end ?

15 minutes ago, 86 points said:

You keep trotting this out but if there's a world champion shithouse combo it's Pulis and Boro and we could have had 4 of 5 inside 30 mins against them. If you want to temper your excitement then fair play but stop telling everyone else to do the same. How other fans react to our performances is their business not yours.

I've got him on 'Ignore' for my sanity. I seriously think that he's a troll and have done since he first washed up.

15 minutes ago, 86 points said:

could have is a bit different to actually scoring the goals, I think we have a great chance of promotion but a couple of good results and someone saying we will walk the league when we have yet to beat a defensive team is a bit premature, win our next 3 league games and I will start getting excited.

Well what a bloody night. I went expecting absolutely nothing but we played with passion and guts at the home of the cockney see you next Tuesdays.

I could not name you a single player who played badly tonight. Every single man put their heart and soul on the line and did us proud. The away fans were fantastic but the players were even better and they deserved our applause at the end of the game. 

I love Lamps, and he has to take much credit for our performance, but we have to put that sideshow aside tonight and show our appreciation for the boys.

I genuinely enjoyed that game more than the Man United one because we went to-to-toe with a better team who were full of confidence. I’ll remember tonight for a long time.

We’ll probably lose on Saturday due to burnout, but when we perform like we have done for the last two weeks then I don’t mind. Frankie has got us going in the right direction and has allowed us to believe again.

I bloody love this club. I bloody love this forum. I think we can do it this year. Up the chuffing Rams.

BR7?xxx

P.S. Good to see mafiabob at the end of the game. The first forum member I’ve been drunk enough to say hi to!

Archived