Match Thread V Chelsea (A)

Millenniumram

Wednesday 31st October 8pm KO

Right it’s the big one, Against our parent club? Halloween as well, will it be a night getting drunk celebrating, or in the kitchen downing my rum after mount and Tomori turn against us... Either way up unless we make another giant killing, you lot will have to deal with another inferior sod running the match day threads, maybe even someone who does it on time?

Bloody unlucky last time out against the professional shithouses, so much so they persuaded our back line to do their attacking while their forwards took the day off. Still it’s been a good month and we’re back to playing a proper footballing team so who knows what will happen, frank may well get another win at the bridge..

Usual stuff, teams? What everyone’s going dressed as? Will we have another spectacular own goal?

Its our turn to win the cup, what does everyone else think?

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hoping for a fairy tale ending again like at Old Trafford but got a feeling this one may be a Bridge too far. It's gonna be a bit of a circus with the obvious connections in our camp. Just as long as we make a good account of ourselves and don't get beat too trapezely. Whatever happens we can go back to the bread and butter of the championship with realistic hopes that good times are just around the corner.

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Was sorely tempted to go looking at the train times back to Leeds... but persuaded myself not to for once 

It’s my reading week so I’m going back home, which makes it affordable. You going Sheffield Wednesday away next month? Was out in Sheff last night and it was class, definitely one I’ll be doing again.

4 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

It’s my reading week so I’m going back home, which makes it affordable. You going Sheffield Wednesday away next month? Was out in Sheff last night and it was class, definitely one I’ll be doing again.

Quite probably as I know quite a few from derby who went to uni then, always a decent away day as well, what with them being the creators of all football chants ever

I'd go 

Carson

Bogle Davies Tomori Forsyth

Mount (if fit, Johnson if not) Huddlestone Wilson

Jozefzoon Marriott Lawrence

Changed Waghorn, Keogh and Malone just for a rest, would bring them back in for the next league game. Kept Bogle in there for confidence reasons, and then Frank can play Wisdom in the next league game and say that he's resting Bogle rather than dropping him. Rest of the team picks itself at the moment. 

18 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

I'd go 

Carson

Bogle Davies Tomori Forsyth

Mount (if fit, Johnson if not) Huddlestone Wilson

Jozefzoon Marriott Lawrence

Changed Waghorn, Keogh and Malone just for a rest, would bring them back in for the next league game. Kept Bogle in there for confidence reasons, and then Frank can play Wisdom in the next league game and say that he's resting Bogle rather than dropping him. Rest of the team picks itself at the moment. 

Roos

Wisdom  Davies  Pearce  Forsyth

Butterfield  Johnson  Bryson

Flo Jo  Bennett  Holmes

Need to rest our players for a massive game v in form Brum on Saturday

I seriously think this could get messy. I’m going down to enjoy the day. Get some beers and food in Covent Garden. Thoroughly enjoy the atmosphere and just hope we don’t get embarrassed.  More of a great day out with a bit of football thrown in. 

After a desperately unlucky draw against the world's dullest team, this is the game I regard as a free-hit. Whilst it'd be great to take another Premiership scalp, this is a monumental step up in class so while I'd love us to sneak a win, in reality I'd be more than happy enough with us giving it a good go before returning the storm the Championship. COYR

3 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Roos

Wisdom  Davies  Pearce  Forsyth

Butterfield  Johnson  Bryson

Flo Jo  Bennett  Holmes

Need to rest our players for a massive game v in form Brum on Saturday

If this happens I'll be looking at getting my ticket money back and I'm sure everyone in the squad wants to make themselves available for this match.

I'd expect FL to keep pretty much the same team from the weekend, with any changes being down to how the players have recovered from the last 3 games.

Malone looked completely finished on Wednesday, but put himself about all match yesterday. Mount was replaced as he'd taken a knock in the second half and I guess Lampard wanted him to be ready for Chelsea. These are the only two I'd guess are doubtful from the team that started against WBA and Boro.

Birmingham might be in form, but we've not been too shabby lately either. No need to fear any team, they should be worried about us.

14 minutes ago, roboto said:

If this happens I'll be looking at getting my ticket money back and I'm sure everyone in the squad wants to make themselves available for this match.

I'd expect FL to keep pretty much the same team from the weekend, with any changes being down to how the players have recovered from the last 3 games.

Malone looked completely finished on Wednesday, but put himself about all match yesterday. Mount was replaced as he'd taken a knock in the second half and I guess Lampard wanted him to be ready for Chelsea. These are the only two I'd guess are doubtful from the team that started against WBA and Boro.

Birmingham might be in form, but we've not been too shabby lately either. No need to fear any team, they should be worried about us.

Don't fear them but whatever team we put out on Wednesday won't be good enough. League is the priority and we should rest a lot of players with Saturday in mind in my opinion.

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

Carson

Tomori  Keogh    Davies   Forsyth

Mount    Johnson

Holmes       Wilson       Jozefzoon   

Marriott 

i think hell play Malone and not sure on holmes - i would play Waggy again and Marriott

Felt Boro was a game too far. The first 25 minutes or were glorious beyond compare and we almost held on for another brilliant 3 points, but not quite. After Chelsea it’s Brum on Saturday, Villa a week after and then a break. Tough challenge for Frank as Birmingham’s more important than Chelsea. Everyone will want to play at Stamford Bridge.

I think Frank will go with the same team again. Not necessarily because it’s the easiest decision to take, but it is the easiest decision to take.

We’re running on empty and it will probably show, but it’s a free hit and we’ll move on and Frank will change it up for the weekend.

I was surprised as anything at Old Trafford to see that we were unchanged from the Brentford game before.

I think Frank likes his consistency and now that he's found a side he feels offers the most balance I think he'll still with it.

Unchanged, try and ruffle some feathers. If we're 3 down in the 2nd half he can bring them off or whatever, but I won't care as I'll be royally pissed!

Archived