Match Thread V Chelsea (A)

Millenniumram

Disappointed with some aspects. Ok two own goals, but we were quite ragged in the early stages. Chelsea were putting the ball in the box time and time again, and thats the real cause of two own goals. Poor refereeing decision on the third goal, but again they wandered into the box on the left. 

Chelsea for whatever reason didn't put us to the sword but had extra gears in reserve.

On the plus side, we could have scored three or four away at chelsea?!?!

The last 20 minutes after fozzy came on, we looked more solid and could have snatched the draw we would have deserved, had we scored a third.

marriott was excellent. Pity nuge and waggy couldn't quite put the ball in the net. 

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Also a quick note on Burton who I should remind you all put Forest out 3-2 yesterday, they got a proper turd of a draw with Boro away.

Best chance they could've got in getting to a semi final of the league cup, though. swings and roundabouts

2 hours ago, cosmic said:

Lipreading Sarri as he met Frank:

"I watched the last 5/6 games. You're doing a really good job. A really good job."

COYR!

11 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Did you see this banter from Sarri? 

giphy.gif

I no longer accept my reality.

10 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Surprised Bris ain't turned up.

Probably nipped to the shops to get some more tissues, he'll have used up a lot of them in the aftermath of Tomori's own goal and the rest when Marriott scored then set up excellent chances for Waghorn & Nugent.

Who did Sky actually give MOTM to anyway? I only remember them saying they could have given it to Marriott in the post-match analysis, but not who did receive it. They didn't interview anyone about it.

38 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Definitely the better team on the night, but sometimes it's not your night. Unfortunately, despite our best effort, tonight just wasn't meant to be for us. Quick player ratings from myself: Carson 6; Bogle 6, Keogh 8, Tomori 7, Malone 5; Huddlestone 9, Mount 6, Wilson 5; Waghorn 7, Marriott 8, Lawrence 8 

It's a good performance. 

Keogh an 8 despite his poor own goal?  Yet Malone 3 ratings lower who didn't make any big mistakes, I'd say 5 for Keogh and 5 for Malone would be fair . 8 is only for a very good performance in my view and scoring a poor own goal and letting cahil and Morata have free headers despite a few decent bits of play doesn't deserve an 8.

Never thought I’d leave Chelsea tonight annoyed because we should’ve won. We should’ve won!!! We should’ve beat Chelsea on their patch and we would’ve done had we not scored two ogs and not been on the receiving end of the most shocking officiating I’ve ever witnessed!!! How that wasn’t a free kick before their 3rd?!!

What a performance what a night! So proud of these players, take this play into the championship and we will ducking walk it!! Something special is definitely happening here!! What a time to be a rams fan!!! 

22 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

Mental how far we’ve come 

playing excellent football, beat united away & disapointed not to beat chelsea because we were the better side. We’d have got blasted 3 or 4 nil in these games under Rowett 

I thick Rowett left 10 years ago. Seems like he was never here. We have a dream management team who can get players to do what we thought they were incapable of. We are a force to be reckoned with now. How many teams turn up at Chelsea with our style of play?

Man City and er um? 

2 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Never thought I’d leave Chelsea tonight annoyed because we should’ve won. We should’ve won!!! We should’ve beat Chelsea on their patch and we would’ve done had we not scored two ogs and not been on the receiving end of the most shocking officiating I’ve ever witnessed!!! How that wasn’t a free kick before their 3rd?!!

What a performance what a night! So proud of these players, take this play into the championship and we will ducking walk it!! Something special is definitely happening here!! What a time to be a rams fan!!! 

We won't walk the championship, each game is competitive and teams will look to stifle us by sitting deep, before we get too excited we need to learn how to create chances against the teams down at the bottom who sit in and play direct. Our biggest  weaknesses are a lack of an outlet from goal kicks which makes it harder against the lesser teams  and our defending down the flanks and crosses coming into the box , if we sort that out we should have a great chance of promotion.

Still in Chelsea, still proud of Derby County. 

To me that looked like 2 premiership teams at the same level. That was Chelsea ffs!

Hate moaning bout limesmen but when a clear foul under his nose leads to the winning goal it does question why these people are not looked at by the FA

really unlucky not to finish 90 mins at 3-3

says it all for Derby in the championship 

COYR???

Archived