Match Thread V Chelsea (A)

Millenniumram

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Dappled Ram said:

Frank has totally transformed Derby. I really enjoyed tonight's match. Was it really only 6 months ago we were losing to teams like Barnsley and Sunderland. We are really privileged to have such a legend managing our club. So proud to be a Derby fan this season. I'm loving the ride!

Um, yes, though to be fair it was only a month ago we were losing to teams like Rotherham & Bolton!

2 minutes ago, Duracell said:

There’s something very “I haven’t read the text for this seminar but I’ll contribute anyway” about Andy Townsend.

Wtf is this comment.

E5AD2640-FF0C-4F09-82ED-C28C59F63CF6.png

He is right, this it the text i sent to my dad after the game . “Without playing well we did deserve to win I thought- odd game”. I do think the performance tonight bodes well for the future  ? 

1 minute ago, G-Ram said:

Mental how far we’ve come 

playing excellent football, beat united away & disapointed not to beat chelsea because we were the better side. We’d have got blasted 3 or 4 nil in these games under Rowett 

Just thinking bback to that man u cup game under rowett and thinking ggetting to 75 minutes at nil nil was as good as we could ever hope for.

Whatever hhappens, we're not boring anymore and its feeling llike that 13/14 team in that the joy is back and everyone is playing out their skins and giving their all.

We had no weak links tonight. 

We matched a team of world class players who had to play their hearts out not to lose to us.

Our supporters (4000+) matched the home crowd in volume and intensity.

If we have to lose a match, we can still hold our heads up!

Well done, Frank, well played Derby!

Just now, WystonRam said:

He is right, this it the text i sent to my dad after the game . “Without playing well we did deserve to win I thought- odd game”. I do think the performance tonight bodes well for the future  ? 

I do wonder how closely Andy Townsend has been following our season though...

Frank’s comment during the sky interview regarding if we don’t push on now after recent performances in the league we only have ourselves to blame speaks volumes to me. He’s desire and determination is really pushing through now and is rubbing off on the players. Roll on brum on Saturday. 

This side is something special. The 13/14 side was special, such a connection with the fans. But we saw them come up against top teams and fail to get the results.

The last 2 weeks as a Derby fan have been the best I've seen in 18 years of following the club, and I dare say the next few months will be even better. We held our own against one of the best sides in the world and arguably should have won it. One defeat from three top Championship sides and a Premier League title contender in the last four games. As long as we don't go back to faltering at Rotherham and such, I can't see how this season doesn't end in the top two.

Love love LOVE this club. And Frank ?

Archived