v Manchester United (a) Match tHread

Boycie

On 26/09/2018 at 00:08, mozza said:

Still buzzin', first time I've recorded a match on Sky that i can put a K for Keep against,  ever.. Not only that,  we've got a perfectly comfortable sofa here,  but i stood all match pacing the lounge, kicking every ball, loved it,  absolutely loved it,  You Rams!!!

Didn't the stewards tell you to sit down? They did here.

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watched this for the fourth time now (don't mean to watch the whole match, but unable to turn it off)

Johnson is absolutely immense,  most of the midfield domination has got to be due to his and Bryson's 

availability to receive passes in tight positions apart from finding space...FANTASTIC, Mount and Wilson the

same, up front as well, amazing performance from everyone. That's the benchmark.

If we can play like that just every other match were going up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 27/09/2018 at 22:57, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Maybe he’s finally fit? Could be something as simple as that.

1. Who would not want to play their best for Frank? 

2. if you do not play your best for Frank, you are not playing next week and no need to ask why. 

3. Should be easy to sign players at Xmas. Those not in squad know that they need to leave and that they are not good enough to get a game. 

4. Mason Mount is leading the team on the pitch simply by being so good. 

5 Rampage is Loving it. COYR ??

I've waded through all the plastic mancs at work, you know, the ones who have been to Old Trafford less than me...people who claim to be Manchester United fans but ask for directions on the odd time they go....finally I've had sensible debate with the odd real fan and the general feeling is that Jose should go and they would be more than happy with someone like Frank and his style of play.....

Ive told em to go for Karanka as the gumps believe he's a far better manager than our Frankie will ever be.

Sorry to keep this thread going, but I find myself constantly visualizing Marriott's goal. It's in the 85th minute, yet it's rampant fluid attacking play. 

It's a measured ball across from Fozzy, great step over from Wilson (love those - they only happen when a team's buzzing), Marriott shoots and it's blocked. Then Mount shoots on his weaker foot and it's a good save from Granty and then Marriott's there to head in, and with Wilson intelligently getting out of the way.

The whole thing is relentless and unstoppable. Our earlier goal wasn't bad either, but I really liked this. 

6 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Sorry to keep this thread going, but I find myself constantly visualizing Marriott's goal. It's in the 85th minute, yet it's rampant fluid attacking play. 

It's a measured ball across from Fozzy, great step over from Wilson (love those - they only happen when a team's buzzing), Marriott shoots and it's blocked. Then Mount shoots on his weaker foot and it's a good save from Granty and then Marriott's there to head in, and with Wilson intelligently getting out of the way.

The whole thing is relentless and unstoppable. Our earlier goal wasn't bad either, but I really liked this. 

Yes, the second goal got a bit overlooked in the wonder of Wilson's superb free kick, but it is also a thing of beauty. 

Does me how talk sport etc say we played well second half,  yes we were excellent second half but thought after early goal we did well first half too.

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

Does me how talk sport etc say we played well second half,  yes we were excellent second half but thought after early goal we did well first half too.

Yes. We settled into the game and got our act together well. The fact that we didn’t crumble, that we stuck to a footballing principle is wholly indicative of the psychological transformation that is taking place in the mindset of the Derby squad and which is illustrative of the confidence and self-belief that the Rampards* are injecting into the players.

The downside is that following the “student beats master” headlines Frank et al are now firmly on the radar of Premiership clubs as a manager to try and poach. 

*The Rampards are: Frank, Jody, Steve, Shay, and the rest of the coaching staff. 

18 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Yes. We settled into the game and got our act together well. The fact that we didn’t crumble, that we stuck to a footballing principle is wholly indicative of the psychological transformation that is taking place in the mindset of the Derby squad and which is illustrative of the confidence and self-belief that the Rampards* are injecting into the players.

The downside is that following the “student beats master” headlines Frank et al are now firmly on the radar of Premiership clubs as a manager to try and poach

*The Rampards are: Frank, Jody, Steve, Shay, and the rest of the coaching staff. 

I do think unless Frank falls in love with Derby or something then his stay will be quite short term anyway.

If we dont do well he will get the sack, if we go up this season can see clubs trying to poach him next season.

If Chelsea came knocking I think most of us would expect him to go. 

10 minutes ago, TimRam said:

If we go up and Chelsea finish lower than 1st, expect Frank to be their new manager next season. That's how pants the Premiership is.

Nah Abramovic won't look to Lampard until he's properly proven himself. I reckon if we go up then Frank will stay a for a couple of years - maybe replacing Sarri (who's so far doing well).

Archived