Chris Martin - Player Discussion Thread.

'Rambe33

11 minutes ago, Vulcanboy said:

Brilliant player for us in the past, note the word "PAST".  People tend to forget the time he spent on his arse, arms flaling, looking for free kicks, pathetic & painful to watch. Time to move on for both parties. Onwards & upwards. COYR. 

Unfortunately, you've pretty much summed up Waghorn today. 

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

He judged him based on a viewpoint of "the time he spent on his arse, arms flaling, looking for free kicks, pathetic & painful to watch." When has he seen that in the past two years then?

I tend to overlook such things and focus on the 50+ goals he's scored, and his contributions to goals he didn't score but helped create.

Each to their own, though.

Have I missed summat? What difference would martin have made today? What can he possibly do without the ball? Am I on my own in thinking Waghorn actually looked a bit like the chris Martin of old today anyway? He won plenty of free kicks and held the ball up when he got it almost without fail. What’s he meant to do when he doesn’t have the ball? This borders on obsession 

I know he hasn't been at his best for a couple of years (i.e. just like us/since the same time we were last good)....but don't you think Mount and Wilson buzzing around Martin would be great not just for them to score loads of goals but also for Lawrence to understand he'll get more from expanding his team game. Would also give us an out ball. He didn't have pace to lose, but I bet he's just as clever as he was....

36 minutes ago, biellaram said:

I know he hasn't been at his best for a couple of years (i.e. just like us/since the same time we were last good)....but don't you think Mount and Wilson buzzing around Martin would be great not just for them to score loads of goals but also for Lawrence to understand he'll get more from expanding his team game. Would also give us an out ball. He didn't have pace to lose, but I bet he's just as clever as he was....

Spot on

But id disagree on the "hasn't been at his best" for the past two seasons.

He hasn't been here for one thing,had his season at Fulham ruined by us distracting him despite scoring well there and was then criminally misused and  mismanaged by rowett (wasn't everyone bar vydra?) prior to being sent out to reading and suffering from illness whilst there.....he's hardly had a chance to even get going.

After watching waghorn  for the past two games,up to now,he's clearly a Martin type but with only two thirds of his ability....his touches are nowhere near as deft or clever as chrissies.

Mount and Wilson,plus Lawrence would benefit massively from his presence,once fit.

Will we ever see it tho?...I very much doubt it.

Martin did well for us last season Nov-Jan, until he was sent out on loan for ideological reasons. We had some good victories with him in the team including Leeds away. Any forward who can receive the ball and not lose it would be a bonus.

6 hours ago, biellaram said:

We do have a surplus of strikers at the club. Frank will need to trim somewhere. 

41 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Jerome. 

That would leave Marriot, Waggy, Nuge and Chrissy. Not exactly a surplus?

Not seen much of Marriot, but Nugent, Martin & Waghorn are similar. Jerome actually offers something different. We will at some point find out how Lampard views things. 

8 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Spot on

But id disagree on the "hasn't been at his best" for the past two seasons.

He hasn't been here for one thing,had his season at Fulham ruined by us distracting him despite scoring well there and was then criminally misused and  mismanaged by rowett (wasn't everyone bar vydra?) prior to being sent out to reading and suffering from illness whilst there.....he's hardly had a chance to even get going.

After watching waghorn  for the past two games,up to now,he's clearly a Martin type but with only two thirds of his ability....his touches are nowhere near as deft or clever as chrissies.

Mount and Wilson,plus Lawrence would benefit massively from his presence,once fit.

Will we ever see it tho?...I very much doubt it.

Yeah to true. 3 years ago he was the envy of most championship clubs. Wolves bid £7m+ for him. Then between Pearson, Mac and Rowett they messed him about. I feel sorry for him. I doubt very much that Waghorn, Nugent and Jerome’s combine goals tally will reach 50. 

2 hours ago, Wignall12 said:

I suspect when he has finally left or retired to the great furniture store in the ever afterwards , some people will still be going on and on and on and on and on and on and on ............................

Of course they will.  He's bagged the most for this club in decades. 

Just like how people still bang on about Wanchope, Sturridge, Christie etc. All who didn't score anywhere near the amount CM has for us. 

2 hours ago, RamNut said:

I still like chris. Not bothered what the moaners say. They soon tire of every new toy.

Ill repeat it until I'm blue in the face...(and lampard gets it too!)

He's our most intelligent and deft striker....noone else gets close to his foresight and sheer ability on the ball (apart from Thorne obviously!)

Frank,FFS,just have a go at playing chrissie and Georgie together....you will bring from ear to ear and then realise you can win this division after all....

Honestly...the answers right in front of you....just give it a bloody go,this pair in the under 23's is heartbreaking!

P.s...if you really want to see what Bryson is about,the above will bring it out......COYR!!!!!!!

4349incip4117680.jpg

"He's our most intelligent.........................his foresight"

He's just like the old Albert Einstein.

Lol

The guy has a pace of a snail and doesn't do any defensive work, no tracking of his opponents whatsoever,

Frank Lampard was a hard working footballer and some people just don't seem to understand the meaning of "HARD WORKING" and what FL wants from his players.

Hard working doesn't mean walking on the pitch, mostly.

Archived