Chris Martin - Player Discussion Thread.

'Rambe33

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Aries Sun said:

Do you really think I will tell you here openly who are my personal acquaintances?

One of my acquaintances is one of 'Arry old favourite players and it's not Niko Kranjcar.

Don't see why not. No one in here knows who you really are. Don't think your famous friends will mind some random strangers on a football forum knowing they are friends with someone we don't know. I'm a Scorpio by the way.

8 hours ago, toddy said:

FFS,

This all this Martin ...… Can do this, Martin cannot do that...….

He was once a good goal scorer for us but can remember was that what 3 or 4  seasons ago?

He has played under a few managers since and it has not worked out for him in any of the scenarios, even at Fulham where he scored a few goals, he was a bit player who could hold down a starting position.

All that matters now is not what he has done in the past its what he can do now.

FL will have seen what Martin can and cannot do, does he fit into FL's system and style of play? That is up to FL.

I would back FL over any forum member on who knows what is better for DCFC, he certainly has so much more experience on football than the forum members in here.

COYR

All, except one.

The people around here are reacting strangely, when you say something which they don't like or appreciate, as they like to twist your words.

So I'd better not talk much about myself.

But I'll tell you one or two more things, which I can share freely.

For instance, some twenty years ago one of my footballing acquaintances, who played for the Newcastle United at the time has arranged me several free tickets for the Champions League match, which was played at the St James' Park.

So I was able come over and watch that match.

It was a quite enjoyable experience.

That's why I find it nice to know these people, it's always useful as they can arrange things which normal people can't do.

Looking at the Hull predictions cup thread nobody yet has had CM as a fgs. These games usually get treated as match day subs and on the fringe players starting.  If CM and George don’t get a start, which I doubt (bench maybe?) due to Waghorn and Marriott being higher in the pecking order, I think we have our answers if they are in Frank’s future plans. 

16 hours ago, toddy said:

He did score a few goals at Fulham, but he couldnt hold down a starting 11 position. And they even gave their midfielders a start over him in the CF position. He had struggled to hit the heights of 13/14 and 15/16 season.

He was good until January. The whole issue with signing a new contract while on loan changed everything. I live near to Craven Cottage. His game time decreased and he was often booed by some parts of the Fulham fans. To be honest, call it bad luck or karma but he has not been the same since signing a contract extension while away on a season long loan. And the irony is that it is that same very contract that makes teams dipping in to the loan market go for other strikers whose last good form was a couple of seasons ago.

7 hours ago, Remy the hare said:

Looking at the Hull predictions cup thread nobody yet has had CM as a fgs. These games usually get treated as match day subs and on the fringe players starting.  If CM and George don’t get a start, which I doubt (bench maybe?) due to Waghorn and Marriott being higher in the pecking order, I think we have our answers if they are in Frank’s future plans. 

That would be a great game for chris to play. Unfortunately marriott and waghorn are desperate for game time but i don't see why CM couldn't make the bench.

Hopefully we’ll see Martin, Thorne and anya in the cup match squad as they have supposedly played well for the u23s. Unless there due to go out on loan then there will be no benefit for derby playing them. We might as well play fringe players that aren’t going out on loan. 

17 minutes ago, Waffle said:

Would like to see Elsnik in the squad 

Agree. After playing for Swindon he needs to be playing regular. Hopefully he’ll get a loan. The size of our squad and amount of midfielders we have he has no chance getting in our squad. I rate him though 

38 minutes ago, Derbyram1983 said:

Hopefully we’ll see Martin, Thorne and anya in the cup match squad as they have supposedly played well for the u23s. Unless there due to go out on loan then there will be no benefit for derby playing them. We might as well play fringe players that aren’t going out on loan. 

Would have thought Martin and Anya would have been used by now if Frank had any intention of them being in his plans,even if it had been just to appear on the bench.

have sympathy with both players being caught up in a situation where due to numerous changes in formation and management they appear to be excess to requirements with out having done too much  wrong.

Anya  has always given 100% and Chris for what ever reason hasn't shown previous form whilst on loan.

would imagine both would be let go if a suitable deal could be agreed for the club and players alike

1 minute ago, ram1964 said:

Would have thought Martin and Anya would have been used by now if Frank had any intention of them being in his plans,even if it had been just to appear on the bench.

Doesn't matter that Martin and Anya have only just got back to fitness then, play them anyway Frank?!

3 minutes ago, ram1964 said:

have sympathy with both players being caught up in a situation where due to numerous changes in formation and management they appear to be excess to requirements with out having done too much  wrong.

Anya  has always given 100% and Chris for what ever reason hasn't shown previous form whilst on loan.

would imagine both would be let go if a suitable deal could be agreed for the club and players alike

Martin has been returning to fully fit from illness....the under 23 games were supposedly part of that process.

In respect of Anya,then your supposition may well be correct (I can't recall whether Anya has been injured?)

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Doesn't matter that Martin and Anya have only just got back to fitness then, play them anyway Frank?!

Was aware of Speculation of Martin having been unwell,didn't know Anya had been injured. However think that due to the  signings Frank has made both players futures hang in the balance

4 minutes ago, ram1964 said:

Was aware of Speculation of Martin having been unwell,didn't know Anya had been injured. However think that due to the  signings Frank has made both players futures hang in the balance

The speculation was confirmed by Lampard.

2 minutes ago, toddy said:

With FL spending money on Marriott and Waghorn - i am guessing Martin is surplus to requirements here.

Maybe FL sees Martin unsuitable in the style football he wants us to play?

Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't. But to base your argument around the 'he's not played them or put them on the bench' line, when they've been injured is just plain nonsense.

Waghorn, marriot and Martin would all be good options to have. All offer something different for when changes are needed. 

Think we missed him the second half of last season.

but I get we have to cut costs so if Frank isn’t going to use him then he needs to go and use Nuge/Bennett as the third striker

Archived