Chris Martin - Player Discussion Thread.

'Rambe33

1 hour ago, Aries Sun said:

He's pacey and strong forward. Sort of younger version of Darren Bent to me..

What? 

Lukaku is the younger Drogba - Excellent in both the channels AND at holding the ball up and winning it in the air

Darren Bent plays on the shoulder - He's quick (and yes strong and good in the air) but he's never been a hold up player

Mario Mandzukic for example is tracking back his opponents, doing tackling and his hold up play is excellent and he's not the fastest but also not the slowest center forward in the terms of pace.

So you've gone for pace as your main/only point of comparision

Mandzukic is well know for his lack of technical ability - He's a epic hard worker, strong, powerful and direct - NOT a greatly skillful player

Maybe check Wikipedia or any football source before quoting

FL wouldn't invest heavily in his new forwards (Waghorn and Marriott), if he didn't think it wasn't necessary.

Both play differently to Martin - Waghorn more similar in style to Nugent for me and I like that Marriott seems different completely to anything we have at the moment - Small but powerful - Puts himself about - Seems to have amazing positional sense - I'm a big fan already

I am watching and following international football for the last 40 years, since the World Cup 1978 in Argentina, therefore I am kind of experienced enough to tell you which player doesn't fit and who's not ging to make it.

Okay awesome - You've watched some football - Congratulations you must be a pro

Further, you think you know something about football, while I accidentally personally know some ex- internationals, which played at the World Cup, the European Championships, which played UEFA Champions League, which played for Real Madrid and Barcelona etc.

My knowledge of the football world is far above the Sunday league, amateurish college football leagues or playing the FIFA 2018 and the Football Manager games at your home behind the PC screen.

I just really love how dreadful your forum game is - "I know more than you because I know people, have talked to them and have watched some football"

Congrats - You must be so cool

Finally - If you're going to base your forum name on Astrology - Your understanding of reality is obviously limited - Or does the alignment of the planets currently suggest that Chris Martin's lack of ability is based on a darkness in the moons of Jupiter?

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Aries Sun said:

"Stright from the Pearson “I’m a hyper intelligent football man who knows more than you” armoury"

Nigel Pearson certainly knows more about the football than you (and me).

You probably know everything about the fishing, fishing nets, fishing boats etc.

The football is really not your thing, leave it to the experts.

No, @Pearson

Although I certainly wouldn’t have played Craig Bryson as a holding midfielder so perhaps that’s up for debate too

Just now, cheron85 said:

What? 

Lukaku is the younger Drogba - Excellent in both the channels AND at holding the ball up and winning it in the air

Darren Bent plays on the shoulder - He's quick (and yes strong and good in the air) but he's never been a hold up player

So you've gone for pace as your main/only point of comparision

Mandzukic is well know for his lack of technical ability - He's a epic hard worker, strong, powerful and direct - NOT a greatly skillful player

Maybe check Wikipedia or any football source before quoting

Both play differently to Martin - Waghorn more similar in style to Nugent for me and I like that Marriott seems different completely to anything we have at the moment - Small but powerful - Puts himself about - Seems to have amazing positional sense - I'm a big fan already

Okay awesome - You've watched some football - Congratulations you must be a pro

I just really love how dreadful your forum game is - "I know more than you because I know people, have talked to them and have watched some football"

Congrats - You must be so cool

Finally - If you're going to base your forum name on Astrology - Your understanding of reality is obviously limited - Or does the alignment of the planets currently suggest that Chris Martin's lack of ability is based on a darkness in the moons of Jupiter?

My planets are suggesting me a lot of things, but in the first place is to evade this Forum as it is filled with so called football experts spreading their great (bs) football knowledge.

Chris Martin is slow, doesn't have a pace, doesn't do any defensive work, doesn't track his opponents, doesn't run channels, therefore I don't see him playing any part in Frank Lampard's team in the foreseeable future.

The future will show us, whether he'll be with the Rams or he'll be somewhere else where the football is more suitable for his pace (Turkey, Greece, Cyprus).

11 minutes ago, Aries Sun said:

My planets are suggesting me a lot of things, but in the first place is to evade this Forum as it is filled with so called football experts spreading their great (bs) football knowledge.

That new mirror working out for you then?

12 minutes ago, Aries Sun said:

Chris Martin is slow, doesn't have a pace, doesn't do any defensive work, doesn't track his opponents, doesn't run channels, therefore I don't see him playing any part in Frank Lampard's team in the foreseeable future.

Good work there - Make the same point twice and then it's two points

You seem to be a little arrogant, too in love with your own opinion, overly regarding of yourself and way too involved with your own point of view... ?

1 hour ago, Duracell said:

I think we are reaching the uncharted territory where many people want a player to leave just so they can make tiresome debates and circular arguments about him redundant.

Yeah.

Can you smell wasted energy?

The future will show us, whether he'll be with the Rams or he'll be somewhere else where the football is more suitable for his pace (Turkey, Greece, Cyprus).

B09777FF-0A56-44B3-BBAB-E953EDD8D43D.jpeg

2 hours ago, Aries Sun said:

Attackers yes - Strikers no. Lukaku doesn't track back.

As for Romelu Lukaku, I really can't remember seeing him doing a lot of tracking or tackling, as I should first check his performance data or watch some of his games, although he's isn't the same type of center forward as Chris Martin.

He's pacey and strong forward. Sort of younger version of Darren Bent to me..

Mario Mandzukic for example is tracking back his opponents, doing tackling and his hold up play is excellent and he's not the fastest but also not the slowest center forward in the terms of pace.

We have loads of pacey players - We've been struggling to link them all together so far this season - Something which Martin was an expert on previously and so far Waghorn and Nugent haven't been very effective at

So do you - People say he's past it and won't fit in this system but what do you base that on? We haven't seen him in this system or with a lot of these players - So how do you know?

FL wouldn't invest heavily in his new forwards (Waghorn and Marriott), if he didn't think it wasn't necessary.

I am watching and following international football for the last 40 years, since the World Cup 1978 in Argentina, therefore I am kind of experienced enough to tell you which player doesn't fit and who's not ging to make it.

Further, you think you know something about football, while I accidentally personally know some ex- internationals, which played at the World Cup, the European Championships, which played UEFA Champions League, which played for Real Madrid and Barcelona etc.

My knowledge of the football world is far above the Sunday league, amateurish college football leagues or playing the FIFA 2018 and the Football Manager games at your home behind the PC screen.

mueoRj5u6RHeU.gif

VU2AGfDB3oTJK.gif

1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

VU2AGfDB3oTJK.gif

"Nobody cares",

Hm, really.

You care, you have reacted.

Soon enough there will be another song on your repertoire and it's called:

CRY, CRY BABY

And then there is also another one and it's my favorite:

Especially for you.

I've posted this elsewhere, but I'll say it again: I have no idea why so many people are adamant that they want us to get rid of a player who scored 20 goals for us in 3 seasons running, when we spent 20 years crying out for a striker who could do that. 

It's the sort of scenario where I can't help thinking that modern football fans are totally spoilt. 

Martin might have no pace and other limitations, but that is what makes players different.

I remember watching the CL Final where AC Milan beat Liverpool 2-1, and Inzaghi scored the winner. Just before, I said to my mate "Why is Inzaghi still on the pitch?" Then he got his one chance and putit away. I turned to him and said "That's why I don't manage AC Milan."

20 minutes ago, Aries Sun said:

"Nobody cares",

Hm, really.

You care, you have reacted.

Soon enough there will be another song on your repertoire and it's called:

CRY, CRY BABY

And then there is also another one and it's my favorite:

Especially for you.

Shouldn't you be out on the town with your international football friends or lecturing advanced football psychology at a world famous sporting facility in Geneva?

However in the meantime...

10Z07PG72mjqq4.gif

14 minutes ago, True Ram said:

Chris Martin is a good player in my book and he scored some very very good goals for Derby and I still think he is a good player given the opportunity at Derby or any other team good luck to him were ever he plays

You don't need to know anything about football, as long as you have semi famous friends who do.

Obviously don't name them though, just state the level they've played at so people don't think you're full of bullpoop on a football forum.

8 hours ago, Duracell said:

“A fine one to talk”. Why are you talking like you’re in the middle of a family argument?

This is a place for debate and discussion - not ridicule. If this is how you conduct yourself in a thread about a player then perhaps you don’t have the right temperament to be on here - but I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt and believe that you’re unaware of how needlessly antangonistic you’re being.

A poster on here shared a video of a player at their best and said they believed they could still do it. You did not mention any of the points above - instead, you laughed and suggested that the person was ignoring what you consider objective truth (which it isn’t, it’s your opinion) and thus called them deluded.

As for “outrageous claims” - the poster didn’t claim Martin has 6 fingers or can score from the half way line with his eyes closed. That’s a bit extreme.

Just tone it down. You’re getting close to personal insults here. It’s not necessary. Discuss, debate - but don’t ridicule. 

What are you the popularity police. I think you’re coming across as the aging school master. 

Perhaps you would be more comfortable on a Saga forum. 

Archived