Chris Martin - Player Discussion Thread.

'Rambe33

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, RoyMac5 said:

I should have added just your wrong opinion. It wouldn't have taken as looooooong if you'd used some facts.

It's funny how many people in the position to pick him over the last three seasons haven't ……………… they all must have wrong opinions.

I'm glad we have established that you think you have the only correct opinions, delusional or what!

17 minutes ago, Hathersage Ram said:

It's funny how many people in the position to pick him over the last three seasons haven't ……………… they all must have wrong opinions.

Umm... It's only Gary Rowett and Nigel Pearson that had him fit and available that didn't want to play him. Probably because he didn't suit their horrendous style of play.

Also, it's only really 'funny' if you want him to fail, which to me is a little odd as he's one of our most successful forwards in at least a decade and has come nothing to disrespect the club or it's fans. Each to their own I guess.

15 minutes ago, wixman1884 said:

Umm... It's only Gary Rowett and Nigel Pearson that had him fit and available that didn't want to play him. Probably because he didn't suit their horrendous style of play.

Also, it's only really 'funny' if you want him to fail, which to me is a little odd as he's one of our most successful forwards in at least a decade and has come nothing to disrespect the club or it's fans. Each to their own I guess.

That is a ridiculous statement, I have never stated I wanted him to fail. I would be surprised if he was an important player in FL plans going forward. So does that make FL guilty of horrendous style of play, or a poor judge of a player as that's the implied message you are giving?

16 minutes ago, Hathersage Ram said:

That is a ridiculous statement, I have never stated I wanted him to fail. I would be surprised if he was an important player in FL plans going forward. So does that make FL guilty of horrendous style of play, or a poor judge of a player as that's the implied message you are giving?

Neither really It makes him a manager that came in and bought 2 new strikers, as Martin is sick, unfit and had a poor showing last season at Reading. 

People frequently bring up having a plan B, and different ways of playing. Martin is exactly that. Some games you might want to have a striker to hold up the play and bring in the midfielders, rather than to play more on the shoulder or as a poacher. Martin is a great option to have, a quality striker who is used to playing in 4-3-3. Honestly have no idea why people are so keen to get rid of him. It's probably something to do with the modern obsession with pace, which is complete nonsense too.

Ok Hathersage Ram, perhaps I went a little over the top with my assertion that CM should take out a legal claim against Pearson and Rowett, this wouldn’t be possible I suppose. But I said it to emphasise just how much the actions of two managers at this club, neither of whom should have been appointed in the first place given their antithesis towards flair players and adventurous attacking play (the ‘Derby Way’ as it has sometimes been called) have adversely affected the career of one of the best players at this club over the past decade.

How would you feel if you had been an employee at a business (say) who had been responsible for the growth of that business with your creative ideas, and then a new boss comes in and tells you, despite your positive contributions, that you are surplus to requirements, and some of your fellow employees who have never had a creative idea or made a positive contribution in their lives are being promoted instead ? 

In no uncertain terms, he must feel that he has been kicked in the teeth, for no reason other than two pedestrian, unimaginative, tactically deficient managers haven’t had the imagination to fit him into their plans for the club. And that applies also to their failure to appreciate Will Hughes, Craig Bryson, Tom Ince and Cyrus Christie ! 

At last however we appear to have a decent manager in Frank Lampard, my only worry being that he will be so busy integrating his new signings into his plans, that Chris Martin has ‘gone off his radar’ already. But hopefully not.

5 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

Can I just say,this thread is the best for relieving stress.

Everytime I come back to it I belly laugh for at least 2 minutes...it’s brilliant.

Me too but all I read is blah blah my opinion blah blah your opinion blah blah

3 minutes ago, Ram8 said:

But I said it to emphasise just how much the actions of two managers at this club, neither of whom should have been appointed in the first place given their antithesis towards flair players and adventurous attacking play (the ‘Derby Way’ as it has sometimes been called) have adversely affected the career of one of the best players at this club over the past decade.

Hindsight is marvellous but you have to wonder what made Mel appoint them...

1 minute ago, Remy the hare said:

Pearson took Leicester up with record point total and basically won the prem. Rowett errrrrrm he lives in duffield?

Basically won the prem? Please stop. Pearson almost got that squad relegated. Ranieri won the prem, Pearson had nothing to do with it. 

28 minutes ago, Ram8 said:

Ok Hathersage Ram, perhaps I went a little over the top with my assertion that CM should take out a legal claim against Pearson and Rowett, this wouldn’t be possible I suppose. But I said it to emphasise just how much the actions of two managers at this club, neither of whom should have been appointed in the first place given their antithesis towards flair players and adventurous attacking play (the ‘Derby Way’ as it has sometimes been called) have adversely affected the career of one of the best players at this club over the past decade.

How would you feel if you had been an employee at a business (say) who had been responsible for the growth of that business with your creative ideas, and then a new boss comes in and tells you, despite your positive contributions, that you are surplus to requirements, and some of your fellow employees who have never had a creative idea or made a positive contribution in their lives are being promoted instead ? 

In no uncertain terms, he must feel that he has been kicked in the teeth, for no reason other than two pedestrian, unimaginative, tactically deficient managers haven’t had the imagination to fit him into their plans for the club. And that applies also to their failure to appreciate Will Hughes, Craig Bryson, Tom Ince and Cyrus Christie ! 

At last however we appear to have a decent manager in Frank Lampard, my only worry being that he will be so busy integrating his new signings into his plans, that Chris Martin has ‘gone off his radar’ already. But hopefully not.

It's okay to have you're opinion, I'm not in total agreement with it, but hey as I keep saying, football is a game of opinions.

I was certainly not a fan of Rowett, yes if he hadn't jumped ship I would have leaned towards giving him another season, in the hope that the football would improve, but that's because I am an optimist.

Pearson I was very much in favour of bringing to the club, in hindsight probably the two most combustible characters (Mel and Pearson) so fallouts were probably always on the cards. However, if Pearson had lasted a season I believe he would have shipped the dead wood out. he has a system, it works, yes I realise he is not every ones cup of tea, but as I say, its a game of opinions. 

Each to their own, I would also add that I am very much in the camp of approval re appointing FL, I am sure there are many hiccups to be ridden this season, but hopefully he will be a quick learner, and have sound back up.

xx

Peace reigns, perhaps .. but maybe we have exhausted all that can be said re the Chris Martin situation, and we now have to wait and see which way the pendulum swings ..

In the immortal words of The Clash, “Will he stay, or will he go ?” Or something resembling that.

9 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

What is this illness? I've seen reference to colitis, but only on here and nowhere else. People may have heard this and heard that but as we all know that can often come with a healthy chunk of mistruth or disingenuousness.

Has anyone ever said, officially and on the record, that CM is ill? 

Genuine question, to which there is a yes or no answer.

Yes

Lampard did.

18 hours ago, Bigfella said:

Me too but all I read is blah blah my opinion blah blah your opinion blah blah

Oi! I include stats every now and then! ? And then someone who has an opinion says stats are rubbish and they don't mean anything

18 hours ago, Remy the hare said:

Pearson took Leicester up with record point total and basically won the prem. Rowett errrrrrm he lives in duffield?

Hahahahahahahahaha ? Ahhhhhhhhhh need a break to catch my breath - Hahahahahahahahahaha

You realise that's like saying "Nigel Clough basically took us to the playoff final" - He didn't - He assembled some players and was doing okayish with them - McClaren took them to the next level

Pearson was/is a scrapper - Kept them up very well by scrapping - But he was never going to take them to the next level

17 hours ago, Ram8 said:

Peace reigns, perhaps .. but maybe we have exhausted all that can be said re the Chris Martin situation, and we now have to wait and see which way the pendulum swings ..

In the immortal words of The Clash, “Will he stay, or will he go ?” Or something resembling that.

I don't understand the people who say "we need to move forwards, so get rid of the past" - Moving forwards means letting go of the past - Let go of the last two seasons - Every player gets a blank slate - If they can't prove themselves from now onwards then they move on, but why are people saying "well they've not done anything for the last 2 season so must be rubbish now" counts as moving forwards?

Archived