Jack Marriott - Signed on a 3 year deal

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

Absolutely brilliant deal that.

Gone from thinking we'd be paying £4.75 million up front for Marriott and pushing the £8 million figure for Waghorn to it now being reported it would be a combined £6 million up front to get the both of them. Not bad at all

Mel Morris masterstroke. 

Mel to Snakey: 'Sorry Snakey, we're out of cash. maybe you'd be better off at Stoke as we wouldn't want to hold you back'

Mel to press: 'Terrible state of affairs. Got my sums all wrong. We need a firesale or we're going bust'.

Mel to Frankie: 'Yes Frank, he's no longer in the building and I can confirm I found £15 million down the back of the sofa. Buy all the players'.

Good new this at that price. Must admit I was initially sceptical about putting all our eggs in one basket with Marriott when it could just turn out that hes a one season wonder who can’t fit in the system. At that price however it’s much less if a risk and he could Easily turn out to be like hogan or assombalonga and make the step up with ease. With us bringing in another striker who’s potentially better at hold up play and using Marriott off the bench I’m much happier with the deal too, let him focus on getting the goals. Good news all round!

Just now, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Fantastic price... Very low considering the Posh chairman's tough stance... 

I would imagine that, judging by his attitude towards the reported £6m - the potential total of £5m is more than he was asking for.

I would also imagine that the majority of the add-ons are low risk (such as appearances), and merely a means of negotiating FFP.

I'd say it's a pretty good deal all round.

Just now, Kuskus said:

If the deal is 2m and rising to 5mil from add ons does that mean Derby aren’t breaching the financial fair play rules.

I suspect so. Huddersfield staying up has allowed us to sign Marriott. It's a funny old world. 

Archived