Jack Marriott - Signed on a 3 year deal

DcFc Dyycheee

On 09/07/2018 at 20:13, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Told this evening that he’s our number 1 striking target, Abraham is waiting for Prem and won’t happen. Three bids already turned down and believe it or not Posh representatives were at Moor Farm today. Harry Redknapp advised Frank to take a look at him and the coaching team have researched him relentlessly and liked what they saw. Posh want 6m, he hasn’t played in their opening two pre season games. 

See what happens this week I guess... 

It all stands up as similar to what I was told, but I haven’t heard anything at all since 

If he’s Lampard’s number 1 target, I see no reason why we won’t be back in. It’s worrying in a sense that there’s lots of interest, but hopefully we can make our move next week (cash pending?) and get it done. Their chairman clearly knows what he’s doing, he’s done it all before, let’s just hope we get the right deal for the club. 

10 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Full interview here (2:07) - 

Leeds are in for him then ? brilliant 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

It all stands up as similar to what I was told, but I haven’t heard anything at all since 

If he’s Lampard’s number 1 target, I see no reason why we won’t be back in. It’s worrying in a sense that there’s lots of interest, but hopefully we can make our move next week (cash pending?) and get it done. Their chairman clearly knows what he’s doing, he’s done it all before, let’s just hope we get the right deal for the club. 

Leeds are in for him then ? brilliant 

He did imply that we'd be coming back which isn't surprising. 

But if what else he said is true and they're talking to Leeds tomorrow and are waiting for WBA to make a bid then we need to think about getting closer to their valuation. 

6 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

...and they're talking to Leeds tomorrow and are waiting for WBA to make a bid then we need to think about getting closer to their valuation. 

Or move on, surely we've more than one target?

To be fair to their Chairman I think he speaks very well and knows exactly how to play clubs.

They’ve made some very good money over the years selling players so you can’t really knock him for his approach - it’s just down to us to decide whether he’s worth the gamble at that price! 

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

Just a thought, but given how much their chairman rates him and clearly doesn’t want to hold him back, I wonder how a stupid sell on % would be met. Say 40% for example, plus maybe a player where we subsidise the wages? 

We don't need stupid, we've made a fair offer ,more than reasonable considering he's unproven at a high level .£3 mill with ads ons  seams considerable more than others are offering. How's about we put in a clause that they have to buy him back if he is a flop for said value? . Sure the player can see advantages of a move to Derby ,better facilities, coaching staff ,opportunity to increase profile , better wages. If he wants it to happen it will, Posh are being unrealistic and greedy. If he is as good as they think add On s  and a % of any sell on fees above what we pay would be realistic.

He say's the figures being banded about are not true, just paper talk. He's asking for a fair price on a player that's in demand. I think our next bid will be accepted as he's told our people what he thinks is a reasonable fee and he won't budge, so no point going back if we wasn't going to pay up. Other clubs coming in now should hurry it up.

9 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

He say's the figures being banded about are not true, just paper talk. He's asking for a fair price on a player that's in demand. I think our next bid will be accepted as he's told our people what he thinks is a reasonable fee and he won't budge, so no point going back if we wasn't going to pay up. Other clubs coming in now should hurry it up.

Can’t fault him to be honest, business is business

9 minutes ago, ram1964 said:

We don't need stupid, we've made a fair offer ,more than reasonable considering he's unproven at a high level .£3 mill with ads ons  seams considerable more than others are offering. How's about we put in a clause that they have to buy him back if he is a flop for said value? . Sure the player can see advantages of a move to Derby ,better facilities, coaching staff ,opportunity to increase profile , better wages. If he wants it to happen it will, Posh are being unrealistic and greedy. If he is as good as they think add On s  and a % of any sell on fees above what we pay would be realistic.

I'm happy that we look like we're doing business in a measured and studied manner something that if we had done with previous player transfers may have meant we wouldn't be in the financial mess we are in now.

And the club’s I’ve seen mentioned are ones you’d expect to be in the top 6 come April/May and I assume they’ve done their research on him too so while I know nothing about him myself I assume there’s more pluses than minuses about him.

13 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

Which strikes me that he wants less than £6.5m. Thank god!

£5m, shake hands, bring him home to Derby. Come on Mel!

46 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Part of me just wants us to pay up and get on with it. But that part of me is stupid. 

One word - Butterfield 

sounds very much like what happened when we signed him

offer what we think he is worth and if it is not good enough move on 

Interesting that he confirmed Barry Fry came up to meet us over the deal, indicates to me that both psrties are quite serious. I do wonder if this was whilst Mel was away so we could see progress made now he is back. Maybe the fee will be really pushing the FFP limit so Mel has to have the final say on giving it the green light

3 minutes ago, Gandalf's shin pads said:

If the WBA interest is serious I fear it will have to be a Herculean effort from Derby/Frank to get this one over the line. Hope I'm wrong though...

Why would he sign for a team with no hope of promotion. I love big Dave but the boing boing thing will be between the Championship and League 1.

Archived