Jack Marriott - Signed on a 3 year deal

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

YES.

But we do not need to pay over the odds - don't you get that. The bottomless pit of Mel-money is supposed to be over. FFP limit remember?! 

So what is a fair price for a 23 year old 33 goal golden boot winner these days?

just curious like 

22 minutes ago, eddie said:

Can you see why that is a silly statement?

The term is a perennial transfer window anticlimax: a well-trodden exercise in public relations, serving only to protect the agents, chairmen and directors of football. Put simply, an undisclosed transfer is designed to save face. Whether buying or selling, clubs need to be seen to be getting the best value for money and if there is even the smallest inkling that the sale or purchase price of a player for either of the two clubs might incur the wrath of either set of supporters, an undisclosed fire blanket is thrown over the top of the deal. Only when a club is happy with the fee will an official figure be announced.

thanks google ?

7 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

So what is a fair price for a 23 year old 33 goal golden boot winner these days?

just curious like 

If he was a Championship Golden Boot Winner would he be worth £11m?

Ask the Posh Chairman he knows.

So far we hear he desparatly wants to join Mordor FC down the road ,  us when that doesn't pan out and also someone else is in reserve on the backburner .  We also hear that money is his driving factor to come here as the wage's we offer are unbelievable.  I'm not being sold on this so far . His chairman is doing himself or the player no favours with all this guff and may well have burnt his bridges methinks.

Just now, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

So far we hear he desparatly wants to join Mordor FC down the road ,  us when that doesn't pan out and also someone else is in reserve on the backburner .  We also hear that money is his driving factor to come here as the wage's we offer are unbelievable.  I'm not being sold on this so far . His chairman is doing himself or the player no favours with all this guff and may well have burnt his bridges methinks.

Don't even know where to start with this, what on earth are you talking about? 

4 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Don't even know where to start with this, what on earth are you talking about? 

Peterborough chairmans interview a couple of weeks ago when he said Forest was Marriotts choice of club due to there history, he followed this up this morning by saying we were Marriotts choice of club now as his head was turned by the Unbelivable wage on offer, however there was also another club he may also be considering if we don't make the right offer .

I don't really know where to start with the way Peterborough auction players by twitter .

1 minute ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Peterborough chairmans interview a couple of weeks ago when he said Forest was Marriotts choice of club due to there history, he followed this up this morning by saying we were Marriotts choice of club now as his head was turned by the Unbelivable wage on offer, however there was also another club he may also be considering if we don't make the right offer .

I don't really know where to start with the way Peterborough auction players by twitter .

How do you know he isn't just being honest? I'm sure there is a deal of him wanting to up the price of Marriott, but he could just be being transparent.

4 hours ago, Rab a dab doo said:

Up to now who ever Franks identified the club have seemed to be able to get. Mel's back from his hols if this guy is Franks prize signing is Mel going to get him for him.

I think one way or another something will happen this coming week 

I think you're 100% correct ?

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

If he was a Championship Golden Boot Winner would he be worth £11m?

Ask the Posh Chairman he knows.

You said we shouldn’t pay over the odds. I’m asking what is a fair price. You must know or you wouldn’t of said what you did?

not having a go just asking what you think a fair price is mate ?

1 minute ago, EnigmaRam said:

You said we shouldn’t pay over the odds. I’m asking what is a fair price. You must know or you wouldn’t of said what you did?

not having a go just asking what you think a fair price is mate ?

A fair price is what we've offered so far. Any more is a gamble. Fed up with getting stuck with expensive mistakes that we can't move on when they 'don't fit' here. What the Posh Chairman accepts is up to him. 

Archived