DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

One word - Butterfield 

sounds very much like what happened when we signed him

offer what we think he is worth and if it is not good enough move on 

Surely Mel is fed up with making expensive mistakes?!

How many teams were promoted to the Prem last season without Marriot up front?

2 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

3 ?

Exactly, all of them. There's more than one way to achieve what we want. I'm not happy to be spending daft money on unproven strikers. How many fast front men's name have we seen bandied about over the years that haven't made it? (ps I don't know the exact answer, but it's quite a few)

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Exactly, all of them. There's more than one way to achieve what we want. I'm not happy to be spending daft money on unproven strikers. How many fast front men's name have we seen bandied about over the years that haven't made it?

Clapton in Derek and the dominoes? ?

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Exactly, all of them. There's more than one way to achieve what we want. I'm not happy to be spending daft money on unproven strikers. How many fast front men's name have we seen bandied about over the years that haven't made it? (ps I don't know the exact answer, but it's quite a few)

Fast Eddie Clarke from Motorhead?

1 hour ago, mwram1973 said:

He say's the figures being banded about are not true, just paper talk. He's asking for a fair price on a player that's in demand. I think our next bid will be accepted as he's told our people what he thinks is a reasonable fee and he won't budge, so no point going back if we wasn't going to pay up. Other clubs coming in now should hurry it up.

We might have offered what they want but not in the structure they want it. Minimal upfront with lots tied to promotion etc 

12 minutes ago, Timdcfc said:

Watch us pay what’s they want and make it an “undisclosed fee

Can you see why that is a silly statement?

53 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Are Jerome and Nugent good enough to get us promoted? Martin is sidelined until atleast the start of the season and Vydra is apparently "injured" all pre season too, probably being sold. We need a quality striker? 

6 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

Are Jerome and Nugent good enough to get us promoted? Martin is sidelined until atleast the start of the season and Vydra is apparently "injured" all pre season too, probably being sold. We need a quality striker? 

We don't need to over value one though - haven't we been here before? (Yes)

Jack Marriott: Peterborough striker wants Derby move, says chairman

Peterborough chairman Darragh MacAnthony says Jack Marriott has had his "head turned" by Frank Lampard's Derby, but they must improve on the three bids they have submitted.

Marriott, 23, scored 27 League One goals last season.

"He's told me the figures that have been mentioned and it's life-changing compared to what he's on. Of course he wants to go," MacAnthony said.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44898330

Just now, Newleaf said:

You are worried Chris Martin will not get a look in if we sign Marriott right. 

He looks class to be honest. 

NO. We need more than one striker.

He might look class in League 1 but the rest is conjecture. We've got into bidding competitions over players before - we've paid too much and it's 'cost us'. I'd hope that we had changed our transfer tactics.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

NO. We need more than one striker.

He might look class in League 1 but the rest is conjecture. We've got into bidding competitions over players before - we've paid too much and it's 'cost us'. I'd hope that we had changed our transfer tactics.

We were toothless against Mansfield.

We need a striker if Vydra goes. 

Just now, Newleaf said:

We were toothless against Mansfield.

We need a striker if Vydra goes. 

YES.

But we do not need to pay over the odds - don't you get that. The bottomless pit of Mel-money is supposed to be over. FFP limit remember?! 

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

YES.

But we do not need to pay over the odds - don't you get that. The bottomless pit of Mel-money is supposed to be over. FFP limit remember?! 

I think you will find quite a lot are going out soon 

Archived