Jack Marriott - Signed on a 3 year deal

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, cannable said:

Anybody else think this’ll be a proper Bradley Johnson signing? 

The who rather than the what…

I can't say I've seen him play, so I don't know for sure. But what gives me hope is it's clear that he's been scouted out and looks to be the first choice for the manager. Whereas the Johnson signing looked completely impulsive looking back. 

2 hours ago, Scott129 said:

I love how some of our fans are saying £6m is too much for him but, in a similar situation, are hoping for a Premier League team to come in and give us £11m+ for Vydra.

The only difference is Vydra has actually failed at the level above, whereas Marriott is just unproven.

Anyway, I hope we get him. Think he'll suit us down to the ground.

I understand where you’re coming from but Vydra is proven at Championship level and Marriott isn’t, so to expect more for Vydra is reasonable.

2 minutes ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

Yeah, I don't understand why people are so desperate to throw away last season's Championship top scorer for someone they've probably not seen play.

Two points:

One: Marriott + £5m = Vydra.. Not a straight swap. It would allow us to go and improve other areas of our squad, like centre mid (if we can get some others out) and left back.

Two: On the face of it Vydra doesn't fit in this system. He'll never be worth £11m again. He'll spend plenty of time on the bench. That's £11m we could have, and £30k in wages sat on the bench.

2 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I just want us get this player I dont see nick blackman suiting frank lampard style of play. I also suggesting couple young players as loans I like callium guy sometimes you got give a little get the player he wants.

I agree B4

12 minutes ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

Yeah, I don't understand why people are so desperate to throw away last season's Championship top scorer for someone they've probably not seen play.

Formations that utilise No 10's are becoming rarer and rarer and as we saw with Vydra, you have to play him behind the striker for him to excel. If Frank doesn't plan to play with a formation that uses a No.10 then it's in our best interest to sell Vydra as he's our most valuable asset; his value will only decrease massively if he doesn't perform to the same standards next season. 

If we do plan to play with a Number 10 then there's no-one better in the league but from initial showings, it doesn't appear that we will which means this window is our best chance to get a premium fee for Vydra.

55 minutes ago, thederbyram said:

Also, I don't understand this comparison with Vydra. Vydra has never been a striker who can play on his own up top, which is what we're mostly going for this season.

We should compare Marriott to Martin, Jerome and Nugent.

Absolutely spot on, Marriott is not a Vydra replacement. He will be a likely replacement for Martin and/or Nugent.

Harry Wilson is the Vydra replacement, my plastic scouser mates who have watched him quite a bit say Wilson is equally as good as a “10” as he is on the wing. 

The guy looks a promising prospect,but I think Derby our doing the right thing.£3 mill sounds reasonable plus any add ons  ect.I don't think we should chase the player , I am sure he could make the move happen with out us getting our pants pulled down.

Archived