Jack Marriott - Signed on a 3 year deal

DcFc Dyycheee

Derby have put in 3 bids. They're 'not gonna give the Golden Boot winner away'.

Personally I think the risk for the money is too high. There's lots of strikers out there - we've just signed a quick winger. There's more to football than pace.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Derby have put in 3 bids. They're 'not gonna give the Golden Boot winner away'.

Personally I think the risk for the money is too high. There's lots of strikers out there - we've just signed a quick winger. There's more to football than pace.

There's clearly something about him if Lampard's identified him as his no.1 target as someone (I think SDSR?) told us a while ago

2 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Maybe offer up blackman and verman or callium guy part of the deal.

You keep suggesting that Blackman drops down to League 1 B4, why should he, do you really think he would want to go to Posh and finally how much of his wages are Posh going to pay? Just a thought, maybe stop suggesting this???

Any club in whichever division wants to maximize its chance to make money when other clubs come calling for their best and most influential players.     We all have the same balancing act to do.  At whatever level

13 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

What because he doesn’t boo at games. 

Mid inly every supporter had B4s enthusiasm 

What to slag off our players at every opportunity?

his infatuation with Blackman is ridiculous!

i juat fund it rather hipocritcal.

I love how some of our fans are saying £6m is too much for him but, in a similar situation, are hoping for a Premier League team to come in and give us £11m+ for Vydra.

The only difference is Vydra has actually failed at the level above, whereas Marriott is just unproven.

Anyway, I hope we get him. Think he'll suit us down to the ground.

50 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

There's clearly something about him if Lampard's identified him as his no.1 target as someone (I think SDSR?) told us a while ago

I'm sure there is something about him - but money is 'an object' too. Otherwise just imagine who we might buy!

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/frank-lampard-responds-jack-marriott-1808247#ICID=ios_derbytelegraph_ios_AppShare_Click_TWshare

When asked if he can comment on Derby's interest in Marriott, Rams manager Frank Lampard said with a smile: "He (MacAnthony) has told you everything there, hasn't he? So I don't really need to add to that.

"He (Marriott) is a good player. Everyone is aware of Jack Marriott and League One last season will know the amount of goals he scored."

So yes were after him

. I'll be the case of coming to a compromise fee with maybe as suggested a loan under good terms thrown in. 

I think we will get him as Frank has shown he doesn't seem to compromise on hs No1 targets. 

It might drag out  a little longer before being concluded. 

Archived