If it’s Frank

archied
Message added by Day

If it is Frank  

620 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Rowett?

No I never wanted Rowett in the first place...we have been perrenial losers Roy but I'd want a clean slate if i was Mel now....From manager to youth get coaches who play similarly and can connect with each other making players coming through more seamless....get a manager who can start that from the top and hopefully stick around a bit longer than Frank will because this is a long term thing and yes its been pointed out that no managers hang around long but at least think they might!!! but make the project long term and managers can come and go but keep the theory that same....don't replace one type of manager for a complete opposite, if we want to play decent attacking football then go get a manager who plays that way.....

Thats why i'd opt for a manager who might see this as a long term project and there are those types about, if we want to play nice passing football , then get a manager who plays nice passing football and get the other age groups playing the same.

We do not know what we are getting with lampard i get that but i do not trust mel to get this right.....he hasn't before!! 

I love this club like everyone does on here but i personally don't want a stepping stone manager i want someone in the Eddie Howe mould or Paul Tisdale mould who wants to be here and create something long term with a few foundations in place.

Yes some thought Rowett was Derby through and through but he wasn't and I for one am glad hes done one !! because the football was crap....he's done Mel, DCFC and us fans  a favour by going.

We now have an oppurtunity to clear the decks a bit and start again so lets take it....

ps...if Lamps gets the job i will get behind him and DCFC  I always have and always will  i'm just saying as a fan having an opinion like everyone else on here it would not be my choice of direction to go in......

1 minute ago, europia said:

Experience not an asset then?

It wasn't for Pearson, nor Gregory, nor Clough, but then again, Clement had none and got a cracking start, Rowett has some and had a good middle, McClaren had plenty and had a great start. 

Stoke hired experience, Lambert, didn't count as an asset. 

Sidebottom........Yeah, Yeah, Yeah.

But if it's that posh spoilt spiv that will have us diving, lying, cheating, surrounding the ref, and doing all the other spiv behaviour well he can stick his robbed celery and blue flag up his bottom!

Hit the North!.......We need a Northerner not a greedy robbing spiv that will bleed us dry and will also do a runner at the sniff of another spiv team.

1 minute ago, Moist One said:

It wasn't for Pearson, nor Gregory, nor Clough, but then again, Clement had none and got a cracking start, Rowett has some and had a good middle, McClaren had plenty and had a great start. 

Stoke hired experience, Lambert, didn't count as an asset. 

Not good examples. 

2 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

He would probably be in the top 10.....

That would be a really good thread topic but have we time with such excitement ? in other areas

Lampard, Scholes, Makalele, Keane, Vierra .. late 90’s ear.y 2000’s was a great time for midfield maestros of such differing types. 

35 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Sidebottom........Yeah, Yeah, Yeah.

But if it's that posh spoilt spiv that will have us diving, lying, cheating, surrounding the ref, and doing all the other spiv behaviour well he can stick his robbed celery and blue flag up his bottom!

Hit the North!.......We need a Northerner not a greedy robbing spiv that will bleed us dry and will also do a runner at the sniff of another spiv team.

Im up in your neck of the woods tomorrow morning. Breckie in Weatherspoons before train to Inverness. 

People talk about the difficulty of the task ahead for an inexperienced manager, but it seems to me that it’s a good time to take this sort of risk. With Rowett gone and the financial restrictions that we have, it looks like a season of treading water until a number of players’ contracts are up in 2019.

Anyone coming in to start building for the future won’t really be able to start developing the squad they want until the season after. I’ve no idea what Lampard might be capable of, but we potentially have more to gain than lose at the moment by giving him a chance. 

2 hours ago, Beagle said:

I guess he would counter that by saying look at what he has won.

But we’re never going to be in a position of winning big trophies.

Derby’s long-term limit is midtable PL football with the odd cup run and perhaps Europa League campaign.

I can live with that if we play entertaining, easy-on-the-eye football and being attracted to exciting young players from both UK and abroad.

Swansea City under Laudrup would be a dream. Midtable, decent football, cup final win and Europa campaign, winning 3-0 at Valencia! Imagine that for us...

What I don’t want is a ‘get to the PL at all costs’ or ‘stay in the PL at all costs’ playing turgid defensive football like Rowettball.

Entertain me like McClaren and Burley and any manager would get my full attention, regardless of whether we go up or not. That’s why I’m all for Dean Smith as I know he will look to play decent football.

There is no guarantee Frank Lampard won’t set us up like Clement, or Pearson, or Rowett. 

8 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Entertain me like McClaren and Burley and any manager would get my full attention, regardless of whether we go up or not. That’s why I’m all for Dean Smith as I know he will look to play decent football.

There is no guarantee Frank Lampard won’t set us up like Clement, or Pearson, or Rowett. 

This is exactly why I am still leaning towards Dean Smith, despite the rather snowballing hype around the Lampard appointment.

14 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

But we’re never going to be in a position of winning big trophies.

Derby’s long-term limit is midtable PL football with the odd cup run and perhaps Europa League campaign.

I can live with that if we play entertaining, easy-on-the-eye football and being attracted to exciting young players from both UK and abroad.

Swansea City under Laudrup would be a dream. Midtable, decent football, cup final win and Europa campaign, winning 3-0 at Valencia! Imagine that for us...

What I don’t want is a ‘get to the PL at all costs’ or ‘stay in the PL at all costs’ playing turgid defensive football like Rowettball.

There’s no guarantee he will either. Any appointment will be a risk, Dean Smith may turn out to be completely incompetent without a director of football. In our position we need all the links we can get to bring in loan players and Lampard woild certainly offer that. It’s a risk of course, but a risk worth taking, given what else is available imo.

15 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I'm assuming Lampard will be attack minded, reflective of his playing style, which is massively exciting. Just like Rowett is more defensive minded, reflective of his

Sorry I fell asleep for a minute there.. where was I? Oh yeah Rowett's football style is

Damn I fell asleep again! What we're we talking about? Yeah Rowett was more about retaining defensive sha 

Row

Happy Frank Lampard day everyone.

If you'd have told me at the start of the week that stoke were going to give us 2 million pounds to take Rowett and we were going to replace him with Frank Lampard... on my birthday week too. This couldn't get any better. 

Archived