If it’s Frank

archied
Message added by Day

If it is Frank  

620 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Moist One said:

he's telling blokes to kick a ball, not performing brain surgery!

Yeah I know what you saying but it's obviously a bit harder than just telling them to kick it better otherwise the other managers would've won promotion by now buddy ?

14 minutes ago, derbydaz22 said:

Are you always this positive ?

Oh go on then. Lampard joins in June and by the start of pre season we have secured the services of the best of Chelsea available loanees. Top two of the championship by Xmas and scoring goals for fun. Fantastic cup runs in both competitions and amazing league form playing Barcelona-esque football inspires Mel to appoint architects to prepare plans for extension of PP. Easily gain promotion in May finishing top of the Ch'ship with 100 goals scored. Lamps signs a 5 year contract and by now has tattoos all over his body depicting DCFC legends and iconic places of interest in Derby. The only way is up up up....

2 minutes ago, Nookiebear1 said:

Yeah I know what you saying but it's obviously a bit harder than just telling them to kick it better otherwise the other managers would've won promotion by now buddy ?

well the last geezer didn't tell them to kick it into the goal

1 minute ago, europia said:

Oh go on then. Lampard joins in June and by the start of pre season we have secured the services of the best of Chelsea available loanees. Top two of the championship by Xmas and scoring goals for fun. Fantastic cup runs in both competitions and amazing league form playing Barcelona-esque football inspires Mel to appoint architects to prepare plans for extension of PP. Easily gain promotion in May finishing top of the Ch'ship with 100 goals scored. Lamps signs a 5 year contract and by now has tattoos all over his body depicting DCFC legends and iconic places of interest in Derby. The only way is up up up....

That's fantastic... I read it with a sarcastic voice in my head it was hilarious 

7 hours ago, Anon said:

I'm pleased Rowett has gone and delighted Stoke paid us for the privilege, but I see absolutely no justification for the starry eyed optimism displayed by so many for Lampard. Being a top class player has little to no bearing on managerial ability.

Overall I'm ambivalent, but more positive than I was a month ago.

If we appoint Lampard it’s just further evidence for me that this club just gets it wrong too often. It’s this type of nonsense that’s kept us in this league. 

Appoint someone who is going to set a style of play and get players that work hard and fit that style of play, our squad is so lightweight in terms of pace and power, we need to address that. 

Dean Smith for me, good solid appointment, Lampard May have some swig at Chelsea with their youth but I see no other advantage other than that........please no. 

As for who’s better off I don’t care what’s happening at Stoke, they can keep the snake and let him bore them stupid with dull football. My only annoyance is we have to start all over again.

6 minutes ago, Moist One said:

he's telling blokes to kick a ball, not performing brain surgery!

Bit more too it than that....if he brings in a decent coaching team then that will help but he has to quit his punditary surely???

Plenty have *****d it before him but still see it as a massive gamble 

15 minutes ago, Nookiebear1 said:

I'd say with him never had any experience of being a manager or coach it makes the prospect of making mistakes and not knowing how to put them right would make him more likely to be honest. Not a good choice 

Nookiebear! The original?

1 minute ago, Shaftesbury st said:

If we appoint Lampard it’s just further evidence for me that this club just gets it wrong too often. It’s this type of nonsense that’s kept us in this league. 

Appoint someone who is going to set a style of play and get players that work hard and fit that style of play, our squad is so lightweight in terms of pace and power, we need to address that. 

Dean Smith for me, good solid appointment, Lampard May have some swig at Chelsea with their youth but I see no other advantage other than that........please no. 

As for who’s better off I don’t care what’s happening at Stoke, they can keep the snake and let him bore them stupid with dull football. My only annoyance is we have to start all over again.

Wholeheartedly agree with this. If we appoint Lampard I will really lose faith anyone at Derby knows what they're doing. 

Then again I did say something similar whilst on holiday the year we appointed Jim Smith ?

3 minutes ago, Shaftesbury st said:

I agree I also don't want loads of youngChelsea loanees rocking up or what will that do for our youngsters.....I think its true to say Lamps has a massive allegiance to Chelsea and would like to manage them one day, why wouldn't he ??? 

There would be players coming from Chelsea of that i have no doubt but yet again is it about Chelsea or DCFC, yes we might benefit in the short term but i want a manager whos going to be Derby County FC and build something from top to bottom , new coaches new scouting and get all the age groups playing and understanding the styles that the first team play.....its not just the manager that needs changing in my view

17 minutes ago, Shaftesbury st said:

Problem is, other than talk of 'lots of applicants', we don't know if the likes of Dean Smith or Alex Neil would want the job. Managers in decent jobs might take some persuading. 

9 minutes ago, Saity said:

I agree I also don't want loads of youngChelsea loanees rocking up or what will that do for our youngsters.....I think its true to say Lamps has a massive allegiance to Chelsea and would like to manage them one day, why wouldn't he ??? 

There would be players coming from Chelsea of that i have no doubt but yet again is it about Chelsea or DCFC, yes we might benefit in the short term but i want a manager whos going to be Derby County FC and build something from top to bottom , new coaches new scouting and get all the age groups playing and understanding the styles that the first team play.....its not just the manager that needs changing in my view

Chelsea loanees, we’d not understand a word. All that cockernee lingo, imagine it?

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Rowett?

No, we want someone who buys into Mel’s vision for the club, Rowett hoodwinked Mel, as I posted months ago, Rowett didn’t so much kiss the Blarney Stone, he gave it a right good seeing to.

1 minute ago, Pearl Ram said:

No, we want someone who buys into Mel’s vision for the club, Rowett hoodwinked Mel, as I posted months ago, Rowett didn’t so much kiss the Blarney Stone, he gave it a right good seeing to.

Hoodwinked a lot of us ?

Archived