If it’s Frank

archied
Message added by Day

If it is Frank  

620 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s safe to say that the Lampard has plenty of pros and cons, on paper. The fact is that we don’t know he’s going to to come in and loan the next gen of world class footballers, neither do we know if he’s attack minded and will look to play football or play with a pragmatic approach. 

I think players will want to play under him, definitely. It’s a complete gamble. It will 100% depend on how good the people he brings in are if he’s a success. It’s a shame the late Ray Wilkins isn’t still around, no doubt he would have been considered! 

2 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

It’s safe to say that the Lampard has plenty of pros and cons, on paper. The fact is that we don’t know he’s going to to come in and loan the next gen of world class footballers, neither do we know if he’s attack minded and will look to play football or play with a pragmatic approach. 

I think players will want to play under him, definitely. It’s a complete gamble. It will 100% depend on how good the people he brings in are if he’s a success. It’s a shame the late Ray Wilkins isn’t still around, no doubt he would have been considered! 

Exactly my thoughts, if Wilkins joined with him i’d be more confident of it working.

4 minutes ago, Seth's left foot said:

Exactly my thoughts, if Wilkins joined with him i’d be more confident of it working.

I think you need to read the post again. Apologies if you meant it another way.

41 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

He's a million miles from being the best midfielder England have ever had, I'm sure he wasn't even the best England midfielder of his generation imo.

I'm not comfortable with this talk Revel! We need you on board. We need everyone on board. This is the greatest moment In Derby's history... start getting excited!

2 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

I'm not comfortable with this talk Revel! We need you on board. We need everyone on board. This is the greatest moment In Derby's history... start getting excited!

I'm definitely on the Lampard bus mate, don't worry about that.  

But he's not the best midfielder England have ever had, but may/probably/definitely the best manager we've ever seen. 

Ever.

5 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Bloody hell calm down, mad Mick might sign tomorrow!!

Just now, reveldevil said:

But he's not the best midfielder England have ever had, but may/probably/definitely the best manager we've ever seen. 

Ok but how close is he to being the best Premier league midfielder of all time?

1 hour ago, Phoenix said:

Haven't read all this thread, but has Lampard had any coaching/management experience? Seems a massive gamble.

But he has been managed and coached by the best. If he appraoches it like anyone in industry, by adopting what youve been shown by your predecessors when on the tools then surely you must be half way there. 

In todays game where player power is everything, tactical nous must surely trump irreverent Cloughie type man management. 

Clough snr wouldnt be half the manager he was in todays era as the players today would just cluck him off with his legendary antics.

46 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

I take it you never got to see Bobby Charlton Tom. 49 goals for England and earned global admiration in a time long before the Internet.

Not dissin’ Frank and what he’s achieved just saying he’s never the best midfielder England ever had. ? 

Bobby Charlton...pffft....

Carlton Palmer surely the best England midfielder ever. 

4 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Shall we say he was one of the best? Gerrard, beckham, viera, petit etc all some of the greats.

5 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

He would probably be in the top 10.....

Top 10??? I'd be in the top 10! This man scored more goals per season than Viera, Petit, Gerrard, Beckham and Harry Kane put together!

Frank RAMpard is #1!

Frank Lampard has always been my favourite premier league midfielder, his record for scoring is unreal! Has to be one of the best with scholes Gerrard... like Becks but thought he was a little over rated! 

38 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Agree with most of this. Except the plenty of cons part. Because the only one I can think of his the lack of experience?

57 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Not knocking him, was a very very good player, but miles off the best midfielder this country produced.

He scored a great goal against Germany in off the bar, bounced a metre over the line................................ Oh hang on even though it was a goal it wasn't! 

Archived