If it’s Frank

archied
Message added by Day

If it is Frank  

620 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, eddie said:

Bookmarked for gits and shiggles.

I might be wrong but to me it's a big gamble for the bookies to make the other candidates the price that they have. I imagine they'd lose money if it isn't lampard now.

I put a tenner on lampard when he was 3-1

But im not daft either so I've put a few quid on the others now they have longer odds just incase we make a 'safe' appointment. 

Unless its someone who comes out the shadows, then im screwed!

12 minutes ago, Rample said:

A lot has happened in such a short space of time.

I've gone from accepting Rowett for another season to being glad he's gone, then angry at him a bit, then to worrying about his replacement, to totally apathetic about who we appoint, to wanting Smith, and then back to apathy.

If we get Lampard so be it. I would prefer more managerial experience, but when you think around it he will be more in touch with our players and have been more relevant in their lifetimes, and will bring something entirely different to any previous recent manager which could be just what we need, the start of a totally new chapter (well, apart from a handful of long term underachievers.)

So that brings me to the other question, the fact that I seem to be able to be more positive about every other manager mentioned than Roger (AKA GR) means we have the better deal regardless.

Stoke is potentially a poisoned chalice but it only takes someone like Berahino to find his level and that can make Roger's life pretty easy. On the other hand they could sulk and they could be bottom in October. I think we're a safer  steady bet over all.

Next summer is a milestone with regards to expiring contracts and I think there will be a very clear before and after. If any manager comes in he gets a year of working things out, and hopefully makes significant progress and gets to reap the benefits of the purge to really kick us on.

Hopefully we will all be a bit kinder with each other as things unfold under lampard ,,,,, dont mel and harry redknap have a bit of time for each other? Might be helpful in making it happen

Just now, Old Spalding Ram said:

I can see a problem if Lampard is appointed.

Is there any other club in the country where there is a distinct possibility of the manager being quicker over 30 yards than the clubs 4 defensive midfield players!

If we do get him I expect him to get a game .

1 hour ago, Cam the Ram said:

My concern is his wages for an unproven manager. Talks broke down between him and Ipswich reportedly due to his wage demands. If they can afford to pay the wages of a proven, experienced manager in McCarthy but not an unproven manager in Lampard, how much must he be asking for? And with larger wages comes a larger pay off for him should things be disastrous and Mel's left with no choice but to sack him

I'm sure i read somewhere that the Ipswich chairman had been playing candidates off against each other, offering Lampard £5k a week.

4 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Honestly mate I was told that from someone yesterday who I trust and relayed it. I wouldn't have relayed it if I didn't trust them. 

Whether something has changed I honestly don't know. 

But the odds are 1/7 now which is crazy. 

With your respected information it is a bonus to be on this forum. I haven't got excited purely because I trust that you trust your source.  Do us all a favour ask your source if he's still confident frank is not going to be appointed...

45 minutes ago, TomSaint said:

Lampard is a very clever man , on the pitch and off. Fluent in several languages and loads of qualifications. He was probably the best midfielder england have ever had. Hes obviously gonna get some pointers from harry redknapp and hes played for some of the best managers and coaching stuff on the earth also. He would of learned a few things ...i really hope we take a chance with him ,and i also hope any toxic ram fans dont turn on him 3 games in. Time to let a manager have a few seasons and build a team as firing someone every year hasnt achieved anything

I'm going to assume you're very young, and that's why you think that.

He's a million miles from being the best midfielder England have ever had, I'm sure he wasn't even the best England midfielder of his generation imo.

3 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I'm going to assume you're very young, and that's why you think that.

He's a million miles from being the best midfielder England have ever had, I'm sure he wasn't even the best England midfielder of his generation imo.

He made the most of the ability he had....

52 minutes ago, TomSaint said:

Lampard is a very clever man , on the pitch and off. Fluent in several languages and loads of qualifications. He was probably the best midfielder england have ever had. Hes obviously gonna get some pointers from harry redknapp and hes played for some of the best managers and coaching stuff on the earth also. He would of learned a few things ...i really hope we take a chance with him ,and i also hope any toxic ram fans dont turn on him 3 games in. Time to let a manager have a few seasons and build a team as firing someone every year hasnt achieved anything

I take it you never got to see Bobby Charlton Tom. 49 goals for England and earned global admiration in a time long before the Internet.

Not dissin’ Frank and what he’s achieved just saying he’s never the best midfielder England ever had. ? 

What could possibly go wrong?!

Sod it, why not go with Frank, the players will like the better football and they will want to impress such a great player.

If he appoints an experienced assistant then it could work, might not be long before he jumps ship but it will be fun while it lasts...

The only thing I like about Stoke is that wonderful statue they have. One of the best pieces of football art ever. 

Frank would be interesting and the loans he could bring in could be a bit special. Add in the youthful enthusiasm and we might get a a Frank bounce, both from youth and an autumn of career spurt from some of the old stagers.

frankly (?) though I think it unlikely given where he lives, his family situation and a bunch of other things 

as long as it’s not Warnock or Macarthy I won’t care .....until I see how they kick a ball around.

9 minutes ago, Seth's left foot said:

What could possibly go wrong?!

Sod it, why not go with Frank, the players will like the better football and they will want to impress such a great player.

If he appoints an experienced assistant then it could work, might not be long before he jumps ship but it will be fun while it lasts...

Not saying he intends to stay forever but we may just find he has a bit more integrity about him than the likes of rattlesnake rowett 

11 minutes ago, archied said:

Not saying he intends to stay forever but we may just find he has a bit more integrity about him than the likes of rattlesnake rowett 

True ? Just a season working with Frank will improve our midfielder’s no end, then again he’d have to be Paul Daniels to make Johnson our midfield dynamo. 

Archived