If it’s Frank

archied
Message added by Day

If it is Frank  

620 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 hours ago, Anon said:

Whilst it's true that Smith did start managing at league 1 level his situation is not analogous to Lampard's. By the time Smith got the Walsall job he'd been working as a coach for 6 years.

Sitting through team talks, regardless of how talented the person giving them is, doesn't make you a good coach. Tony Adams and Gary Neville spent their entire careers respectively listening to the two most talented managers in English football over the last few decades and it didn't stop them from being absolutely clueless when they had a crack at management.

I'm not saying it's the worst idea in the world to give Lampard a go, but it's a shot in the dark.

Dean Smith's Brentford have received plaudits all season for their attacking football. I'm not demanding that Smith get the job here, but it's wrong to claim that Lampard is the only option who even offers a chance of exciting football.

I'd be happy enough with a mid table finish if we're trying to play attractive football and we afford a chance to some of our academy graduates. I absolutely do not want to become a crèche for the legions of youth players Chelsea like to hoard.

Is there anyway to like this post 25 times 

my feelings in a nutshell 

spot on 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, 1967Ram said:

Butterfield was OK when he first came IMO. As time went on though he was asked to play a role that he wasn't comfortable with. As a result I think his confidence dropped along with his form.

Yer, on the pitch lol 

6 hours ago, archied said:

If it is frank ( forget other candidates this threads not about that), how do derby fans feel about this week and the swap ? Who’s got best deal ,derby or stoke ?  Great management by mel or disaster?

It's difficult to take the Lampard as a serious contender. For one he isn't a manager. Secondly I believe he has World Cup media commitments for the BBC, meaning he is unavailable for 4 weeks in June & July. A third point in an article he talks about his managerial ambitions and it's obvious he expects to be managing Chelsea in the not too distant future, which seems rather presumptuous. Surely even Mel Morris wouldn't get drawn into an obvious hollywood appointment such as this. Or would he .....??

47 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

If Lampard really was offered 300k at Ipswich that is pretty ridiculous, not even 6k a week.

I know its a lot in normal terms but say he was on that with us he would be managing some players on 5x his own wage, how can anyone demand respect in such a weak position, in no other job would a manager be paid less than the 'staff'.

Anyway I doubt very much Lampard would be expecting an unreasonable amount and i'm sure the savings of Rowetts wage + the compo would more than cover it. Wage cuts everywhere, Lampard in on less that Rowett will do!

I don’t think lack of respect for his low wages would be an issue...

https://www.therichest.com/celebnetworth/athletes/richest-soccer-player-athletes/frank-lampard-net-worth/

3 minutes ago, europia said:

It's difficult to take the Lampard as a serious contender. For one he isn't a manager. Secondly I believe he has World Cup media commitments for the BBC, meaning he is unavailable for 4 weeks in June & July. A third point in an article he talks about his managerial ambitions and it's obvious he expects to be managing Chelsea in the not too distant future, which seems rather presumptuous. Surely even Mel Morris wouldn't get drawn into an obvious hollywood appointment such as this. Or would he .....??

for him to be considered for a job at any respectable PL team, he'd have to do well beforehand, this situation is where Derby can win. I have no issue if he gets us up, keeps us up, then gets poached. That's the footballing world and has happened at clubs we wish to emulate.

3 minutes ago, Moist One said:

for him to be considered for a job at any respectable PL team, he'd have to do well beforehand, this situation is where Derby can win. I have no issue if he gets us up, keeps us up, then gets poached. That's the footballing world and has happened at clubs we wish to emulate.

Another scenario: We reach xmas, and due to the managers zero knowledge of the championship, have only won two games, Mel has to write out another p45 and massive severance cheque. At that point we are closer to emulating Sunderland....

43 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I’m wary about Lampard. There are no guarantees about which way he would set the side up to play.

He’s played under a number of managers, yet he claims Mourinho was his favourite. But what did enjoy about him most. If it was his defensive tactical structure, I can’t say I’ll be too thrilled.

Mou’s Chelsea team back in 2004 with two high wide wingers and an energetic bombing midfield was great to watch at times.

But over the past decade he has largely been awful in terms of attacking entertainment.

I was wary about this but early Mourinho was his favourite and early Mourinhos Chelsea played good football. It’s post inter mourinho that’s turned to this dire stuff. 

Connections, proven winner, leader, worth a gamble I reckon??

win win for both? We do well, good for us, and he uses us as a stepping stone ?

dont go well? We get praised for giving a supposed upcoming manager a chance and move onto the next foo... winner!

2 minutes ago, europia said:

Another scenario: We reach xmas, and due to the managers zero knowledge of the championship, have only won two games, Mel has to write out another p45 and massive severance cheque. At that point we are closer to emulating Sunderland....

Are you always this positive ?

3 minutes ago, europia said:

could happen with 100% of managers. It being Lampard doesn't make it more or less likely.

3 minutes ago, Moist One said:

could happen with 100% of managers. It being Lampard doesn't make it more or less likely.

Isn't it the job of the DCFC recruitment team to mitigate a disastrous appointment? 

All I am saying is that I am surprised that people feel that Lampard is qualified or suitable for the job. 

13 minutes ago, Moist One said:

I'd say with him never had any experience of being a manager or coach it makes the prospect of making mistakes and not knowing how to put them right would make him more likely to be honest. Not a good choice 

2 minutes ago, Nookiebear1 said:

I'd say with him never had any experience of being a manager or coach it makes the prospect of making mistakes and not knowing how to put them right would make him more likely to be honest. Not a good choice 

he's telling blokes to kick a ball, not performing brain surgery!

Archived