If it’s Frank

archied
Message added by Day

If it is Frank  

620 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If Lampard really was offered 300k at Ipswich that is pretty ridiculous, not even 6k a week.

I know its a lot in normal terms but say he was on that with us he would be managing some players on 5x his own wage, how can anyone demand respect in such a weak position, in no other job would a manager be paid less than the 'staff'.

Anyway I doubt very much Lampard would be expecting an unreasonable amount and i'm sure the savings of Rowetts wage + the compo would more than cover it. Wage cuts everywhere, Lampard in on less that Rowett will do!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, TomBustler1884 said:

You sound like Lampard is a candidate again having previously said he wasn't.

I want him in mate. That's all. Honestly I got told last night that it wasn't going to be Lampard. So I told you lot. 

But things could have changed. I haven't spoken to the source that told me that today.

His odds are 1/7. Can't ignore that.

ive just read the mirror article and it said that Morris had wanted Championship experience but Lampards CV could sway it.

1 minute ago, DCFC1388 said:

If Lampard really was offered 300k at Ipswich that is pretty ridiculous, not even 6k a week.

Anyway I doubt very much Lampard would be expecting an unreasonable amount and i'm sure the savings of Rowetts wage + the compo would more than cover it. Wage cuts everywhere, Lampard in on less that Rowett will do!

Exactly. Even if we pay him around £2million for the first season he's paid for himself,  and we have still Gary's wages in the bank. 

If he can use his links with Chelsea and City - which both have huge squads/lots of youth players- then he could save us even more money. I think he probably will add a few on the gate initially  and generally raise the profile, especially if he's a pundit over the summer and is constantly asked about the new job.

Presumably 'arry will have sold him the job and the background to the whole club. Anyway, he will do well to get a job at our level...success would put him in line for a really big job...why price himself out now?

Question is...is he any good?? Who knows!! I'd be happy to give him a try, Smith, Warburton et al sorry..will support them if it happens, just doesn't really give me any great buzz or hope.

I’m wary about Lampard. There are no guarantees about which way he would set the side up to play.

He’s played under a number of managers, yet he claims Mourinho was his favourite. But what did enjoy about him most. If it was his defensive tactical structure, I can’t say I’ll be too thrilled.

Mou’s Chelsea team back in 2004 with two high wide wingers and an energetic bombing midfield was great to watch at times.

But over the past decade he has largely been awful in terms of attacking entertainment.

2 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I’m wary about Lampard. There are no guarantees about which way he would set the side up to play.

He’s played under a number of managers, yet he claims Mourinho was his favourite. But what did enjoy about him most. If it was his defensive tactical structure, I can’t say I’ll be too thrilled.

Mou’s Chelsea team back in 2004 with two high wide wingers and an energetic bombing midfield was great to watch at times.

But over the past decade he has largely been awful in terms of attacking entertainment.

I guess he would counter that by saying look at what he has won.

3 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

If he can coach Butterfield to be a good midfielder then he's a magician.

Butterfield was OK when he first came IMO. As time went on though he was asked to play a role that he wasn't comfortable with. As a result I think his confidence dropped along with his form.

1 minute ago, Beagle said:

I guess he would counter that by saying look at what he has won.

Rubbish argument...if we win countless league titles and 2 champions leagues playing defensive football then I will stop supporting the club.

3 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Rubbish argument...if we win countless league titles and 2 champions leagues playing defensive football then I will stop supporting the club.

I doubt the club would be concerned you would be replaced by some glory hunter and the club and and Frank would be hailed has geniuses for being so successful.

Sith Happens
7 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

No you wont.

4 minutes ago, lukedcfc said:

Butterfield was quite good under clement, no worse than Bradley Johnson. I hope he comes back hoping to prove a point because he isn't a bad player imo. 

You're right he's a very bad player waste of a shirt ,my grannies got more upper body strength that him . 

Archived