If it’s Frank

archied
Message added by Day

If it is Frank  

620 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Whoever gets the post, his backroom coaching staff will be crucial. Handling the current old garden and harnessing it's talent and potential will make the difference between reasonable success and more abstract let downs. Either that or finding a way to flog them off to reduce the wage bill. 12 players will be looking for their chance of one last contract somewhere else, so will need to up their game. If we get fees for them in the summer or Winter transfer windows, that frees up space for new arrivals, or youngsters within the squad or on loan. They might alternatively be loaned out again. 

We have a team stacked with seasoned Pro's at this level, even if a few are sold off. Most have been part of our Pre - Rowett, possession based style. Most are not going anywhere till their contacts expire, unless, Rowett and Maclaren come shopping or the new manager can get moves for them.

That's where a wheeler dealer like Redknapp could come in handy, to help Mel and DCFC out of the current mess.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amazed by how many people have written off a guy before he’s even got the job. If he does get the job who knows what he’ll be like here.  None of us were in any interview, none of us can comment on his management style, his approach. We don’t know if he’ll be a  Neville or a Pep (wishful thinking in the last one). Yes I liked the idea of Smith but that’s due to having an idea of his style and knowing a bit about his managerial past. Doesn’t mean it’s a guarantee of success though. Maybe that’s what all this comes down too, he’s an unknown in managerial terms and this scares some people as they have nothing to research or look back on to put their mind at ease that it’ll be ok. I get that, it’s the same as when I hear names like McCarthy and I shudder at the thought. I already have an opinion on the guy based on what I know and you can’t have an opinion on someone who hasn’t managed before, although a lot of you seemed to have and have written him off. 

Would any of you have taken Darren Moore as manager if he hadn’t got the WBA job? I would have, but before his caretaker spell where was his managerial experience? If Lampard has impressed in an interview and gets the job then let him do the job before you judge how good a manager he is. Personally I’d prefer a chance on a young manager than go for the same names that have hovered around the championship and lower prem teams all their career. 

Any appointment or signing in football is a gamble to an extent. Let’s just hope the club have looked at the interviews and based it on them rather than just the names like we seem to on here. 

46 minutes ago, Stimacked said:

Whoever gets the post, his backroom coaching staff will be crucial. Handling the current old garden and harnessing it's talent and potential will make the difference between reasonable success and more abstract let downs. Either that or finding a way to flog them off to reduce the wage bill. 12 players will be looking for their chance of one last contract somewhere else, so will need to up their game. If we get fees for them in the summer or Winter transfer windows, that frees up space for new arrivals, or youngsters within the squad or on loan. They might alternatively be loaned out again. 

We have a team stacked with seasoned Pro's at this level, even if a few are sold off. Most have been part of our Pre - Rowett, possession based style. Most are not going anywhere till their contacts expire, unless, Rowett and Maclaren come shopping or the new manager can get moves for them.

That's where a wheeler dealer like Redknapp could come in handy, to help Mel and DCFC out of the current mess.

Don't want Redknapp anywhere near this club again, his time has passed....

40 minutes ago, cymru said:

If he gets the job he will only use derby as a stepping stone for a prem club so move on mel please don't be a mug again 

Don't get comments like this. 

Do you think that a manager will come here and we are the height of his ambitions? We're a championship club. Every manager that comes here would use us as a stepping stone. 

42 minutes ago, cymru said:

If he gets the job he will only use derby as a stepping stone for a prem club so move on mel please don't be a mug again 

If he performs to a level that a premier league club wants him, then it's something of a win win

44 minutes ago, cymru said:

He’ll give it his all as he’s unproven. So this HAS to be a success for him or no one will come knocking. 

9 hours ago, Saity said:

No I never wanted Rowett in the first place...we have been perrenial losers Roy but I'd want a clean slate if i was Mel now....From manager to youth get coaches who play similarly and can connect with each other making players coming through more seamless....get a manager who can start that from the top and hopefully stick around a bit longer than Frank will because this is a long term thing and yes its been pointed out that no managers hang around long but at least think they might!!! but make the project long term and managers can come and go but keep the theory that same....don't replace one type of manager for a complete opposite, if we want to play decent attacking football then go get a manager who plays that way.....

Thats why i'd opt for a manager who might see this as a long term project and there are those types about, if we want to play nice passing football , then get a manager who plays nice passing football and get the other age groups playing the same.

We do not know what we are getting with lampard i get that but i do not trust mel to get this right.....he hasn't before!! 

I love this club like everyone does on here but i personally don't want a stepping stone manager i want someone in the Eddie Howe mould or Paul Tisdale mould who wants to be here and create something long term with a few foundations in place.

Yes some thought Rowett was Derby through and through but he wasn't and I for one am glad hes done one !! because the football was crap....he's done Mel, DCFC and us fans  a favour by going.

We now have an oppurtunity to clear the decks a bit and start again so lets take it....

ps...if Lamps gets the job i will get behind him and DCFC  I always have and always will  i'm just saying as a fan having an opinion like everyone else on here it would not be my choice of direction to go in......

Respect to your opinion and your not saying anything that half of me fears could be the downside ,, it’s interesting though that we believe / fear that lampard won’t see us as a project and won’t want to build a solid base from the ground up ,,, yes he really wants to get to be Chelsea manager at some point but let’s look at that goal and reaching it ,,, Chelsea are part of the big four/ six ,, what better way for him to earn the jump up than taking derby up and challenging for top 6 spot ? Let’s be honest here ,below that current 6  derby are a club that are far from out of place being a best of the rest ,, so truth is we could just as easily be the long term project that gets him the Chelsea job in his eyes without the need for jumping around if he gets it right and is good enough ? If we turn out to be a direct stepping stone to Chelsea then we won’t have done badly ,

none of us can say for certain how this will all pan out if he is the new manager but let’s not put our club down and think we are not a good enough /big enough club for lampard to stay at and achieve what he needs cv wise to earn the step to Chelsea job

One thing is for sure if Frank does get the job - he will make mistakes in his learning process.  Are our supporters willing to be patient whilst he goes through the learning curve?  I'm not so sure.  I would but then I'm not one of the supporters that turn to boo at every opportunity.  Time will tell.

10 hours ago, europia said:

Oh go on then. Lampard joins in June and by the start of pre season we have secured the services of the best of Chelsea available loanees. Top two of the championship by Xmas and scoring goals for fun. Fantastic cup runs in both competitions and amazing league form playing Barcelona-esque football inspires Mel to appoint architects to prepare plans for extension of PP. Easily gain promotion in May finishing top of the Ch'ship with 100 goals scored. Lamps signs a 5 year contract and by now has tattoos all over his body depicting DCFC legends and iconic places of interest in Derby. The only way is up up up....

That’s better ?

1 hour ago, cymru said:

what an absolute backward mentality you have.

To use Derby as a stepping stone, he will have to do a good job here, which is what we want.

Having another Nigel Clough, who NO Other club wants is bad.

7 minutes ago, curtains said:

Would be a massive risk this 

Every appointment is a risk, worst he could do is sell our best players for peanuts, replace them with journeymen, play tedious boring football and then buggar off when someone comes in with more dollar in his pay packet.

Anything better than that is a bonus ?

2 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Every appointment is a risk, worst he could do is sell our best players for peanuts, replace them with journeymen, play tedious boring football and then buggar off when someone comes in with more dollar in his pay packet.

Anything better than that is a bonus ?

I don’t necessarily hate it but it’s a massive gamble I wouldn’t take 

Archived