Next manager, who would you like in charge?

B4ev6is

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The more of you lot saying Igor Stimac, the more I’m convinced Mel will appoint him in either a similar fit of blind fan faith, or an attempt to pander to the fans and bask in the glory as “the man who brought Igor back” to Pride Park.

If Stimac gets given the job, it’ll end in tears. Ridiculous suggestion.

3 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

E53FC766-9413-46F8-8423-A2A5B70B932C.png

1 minute ago, ariotofmyown said:

Oh go on then, it could be fun.

I promised myself I wouldn't come back on the forum until August, but we live in interesting times.

Stimac if Eranio comes as First team coach. I know he's had his problems, but I do believe in second chances. And he was a sublime player who loves the club.

1 minute ago, Half Fan Half Biscuit said:

Roy Mac, Toddy 

Steve Mac seems to have been elevated to legendary status.

Now Igor, Simmo and Robbie VDL being mentioned.

Depends on how you view legends I guess.

I don’t think Igor and Mel could work together; 2 Alpha males / silverbacks would clash. In contrast Simmo and v d L have the right temperaments, Simmo has pedigree and I know v d L from personal experience is an inspirational coach with great technical skills. I really think they would click...not just saying because they’re former players. 

Oh please god. Not Igor.

He was arguably the best center back I’ve ever seen in a Derby Shirt.

He’s a mans man, mafiosa, sleep with your girlfriend and eat your last pizza slice whilst high-fiving your dad and weeing on the toilet seat and not cleaning it up.... gives you a wedgy, flicks your ear and paints a ‘tache on your upper lip with indelible marker while you sleep and all with the hairiest arms, chest and arse you’ve ever seen.

He’s the biggest bad ass mother fu**er you’ll ever meet.

But he’s not the coach/manager Derby need.

make him security at the ticket office or summat...??

Stimac would be an absolutely awful appointment I’m afraid.

His best spell was with Croatia where he was still terrible.

His last 3 teams he’s managed he’s averaged at best 1 point per game.

I’m actually fed up of ex players taking over now.

Igor Stimac is barely a gamble - it's more suicide. Massive mistake and it would ruin his legend status at the club. With managers like Warburton available this would be a ridiculous, sentimental appointment that will put us even further away from where we want to be.

Although... **** it... I'm in. 

IGOR!

3 hours ago, MK-Ram said:

I can’t imagine many things I would like less, but I can’t help but think Redknapp will be the replacement, especially given his previous connection to Mel and recent announcement that he wants another job

Harry would not come, he only likes to over spend on players and we cannot do it. Plus is record over 30+ years is pants.

Archived