Next manager, who would you like in charge?

B4ev6is

3 minutes ago, archied said:

Posted yesterday that lampard was a good shout ,, the more I think about it it’s a no brainier , if we don’t have massive money to spend what better way to keep the sky cameras rolling up at derby with sponsors in hot pursuit? Who better for pulling power in getting top quality loan players in , derby bottlers tag v lampard pure winner tag =? Building the derby brand ,marketing rams tv ,all the stuff mel is trying to build   AND there’s every chance he could turn out to be very good at the job ,,,

in our current situation he is THE standout candidate ,,,, mel if you have half the sense I believe you have ,go get franky boy NOW, 

in fact how smart would it be if mel saw the poss of lampard and was happy to engineer this whole rowett to stoke for 1.8 mill all along ,,

Frank as boss and the new D.O.F... ? roll please....

Uncle ‘Arry’. ??‍♂️

I am joking by the way! ?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

As director of football I can’t think of anyone better, I’m sure his dad will have passed a few things down on how football should be played.

He’s also said in the past that he sees England as a place he would like to undertake a challenge. Cruyff as DoF and somelike Stam as coach could be an exciting prospect and I imagine the football would be pretty attractive too

13 minutes ago, MK-Ram said:

He’s also said in the past that he sees England as a place he would like to undertake a challenge. Cruyff as DoF and somelike Stam as coach could be an exciting prospect and I imagine the football would be pretty attractive too

Think that would be an excellent set up though I’m not too convinced by stam.. reading fans I know hate him. But regardless someone similar in style would work, maybe frank de boer?

31 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

I think we have to assume it will be someone out of a job. 

Jaap Stam could be a good shout. 

Ian Holloway could be the unpopular,  seen it done it modern day equivalent of TBE. 

Alex Neil maybe. 

And Warburton. 

I heard Stam was close to being named Swansea manager - and hasn't Holloway announced that he's taking time out from football? (something to do with his wife (?) being ill......)

2 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Can anyone point me in the direction of any evidence that Stimac would be suitable for the job beyond the fact he was a great player for us? Because I can't find any.

No room for sentiment. We have to get this right.

Spot on we need to get this one right and he is a massive gamble with probably zero knowledge of the championship . Let’s use the compo and get Smith at Brentford.

PistoldPete2
15 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Can we lock this thread until he's actually gone (if he does go) please? He hasn't gone yet has he.

We need to work quickly ... Why wait til he's gone? 

1 minute ago, Chester40 said:

Lampard comes from a coaching/managerial background.

A winner. Well known for training hard and never getting injured.

Intelligent bloke. Could attract players.

Total gamble but one that would excite me.

The only way I would accept Lampard is if 'Arry came with him. This isn't really a job where you start your managerial career. 

7 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Honestly not sure if you're being serious or not! 

Redknapp would at least offer an experienced voice for him, plus they're related in some capacity (I think). I'm personally not entirely sure why Lampard would be a good choice for manager anyway? 

7 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

The only way I would accept Lampard is if 'Arry came with him. This isn't really a job where you start your managerial career. 

To be honest you would get Harry anyway, just without a contract, advice over a Sunday roast at the family dinner table.

Lampard would be a complete and utter wildcard, given the names being thrown around I wouldn’t be opposed to the idea, having been interviewed at Ipswich shows he would be willing to work under tight finances in the Championship.

His name would command respect in the dressing room, open doors for young loans, no pre conceived ideas of how his teams play.

This season is one of scaling back, introducing youth, had it of been we are going for it next year, it’s open chequebook season you would want someone experienced, been there, got the t shirt.

As I say, total wildcard, you know you shouldn’t but what if....

The next appointment needs to be genuinely long term. I don’t really care who he is, most of the candidates are much of a muchness and every one is a risk, but they have to be given the time to lay the foundations for a long term plan, not only by Mel but also by the fans and the players. They need to be given total support in any decision they make, if that’s making a £30k a week player train on their own, so be it. If we finish bottom half but there is long term visions being put in place, that needs to be acceptable. I think if Mel trusts his man, he wouldn’t mind that, it’s the fans I’m worried about.

I said it a while ago I think, but I genuinely think I’d have taken Forest’s 16/17 season over ours, maybe without the needing to win on the last day for survival bit. A team essentially made up of youth players with a plan long term. It would’ve been more exciting and it’s something to get behind.

Archived