Next manager, who would you like in charge?

B4ev6is

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Paese said:

Although I didn't necessarily want to see him go, I actually wasn't too gutted when I heard. But then, my optimism quickly died down when I saw the list of available managers. I haven't got any other names to put in the hat, maybe someone like David Hopkin? Could be ready for a step up from across the border. I would be honestly really gutted if it is McCartney. I've, for one reason or another, found myself with quite a few Ipswich fans and not one of them have a positive word to say about the man.

I can see us appointing someone like Robbie Savage... *holds head in hands*.

Why? He’d give us wings...........?

If we really want to go outside the box, Jordi Cruyff is leaving Maccabi Tel Aviv at the end of the season. He’s been fairly successful both as a manager and DoF, is still 44, is a name that would attract players, has foreign knowledge, and reminded Nick Blackman how to play football.

Unlikely but not beyond our means given his previous clubs.

24 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

I am absolutely bricking it, and will be until we announce the new boss, because it’s so Mel Morris to completely **** this up...

Ditto I really hope you're wrong though...I'm really hoping Mel appoints a manager who wants to play more exciting football.....please cross Stimac,McCarthy,Allardyce off the list...would not even consider them...If Fulham don't beat Villa use the compensation to get Jokanovic as his Fulham lot will be torn apart if not then Warburton, his style of play is very good and he'll use youth but will need time.

Also Mel , just an idea but how about trying to get the under 23s to mirror our style and formation so players can seamlessly come into first team , last season by all accounts Waffle was playing a totally different style to the first team......and get a decent scouting network in...is this too much to ask.....Thanks Mel 

27 minutes ago, MK-Ram said:

If we really want to go outside the box, Jordi Cruyff is leaving Maccabi Tel Aviv at the end of the season. He’s been fairly successful both as a manager and DoF, is still 44, is a name that would attract players, has foreign knowledge, and reminded Nick Blackman how to play football.

Unlikely but not beyond our means given his previous clubs.

As director of football I can’t think of anyone better, I’m sure his dad will have passed a few things down on how football should be played.

Good point.

Seriously though, it is a key appointment, stability has been lacking at PP in the last few seasons, you aren't becoming the basket case that Forest had been but swapping managers time and again (this time through no fault of your own) isn't healthy for any club.

I will say from the outside looking in I don't rate GR as a manager or indeed a person given he flirts with any club willing to give him a cheeky glance.

Posted yesterday that lampard was a good shout ,, the more I think about it it’s a no brainier , if we don’t have massive money to spend what better way to keep the sky cameras rolling up at derby with sponsors in hot pursuit? Who better for pulling power in getting top quality loan players in , derby bottlers tag v lampard pure winner tag =? Building the derby brand ,marketing rams tv ,all the stuff mel is trying to build   AND there’s every chance he could turn out to be very good at the job ,,,

in our current situation he is THE standout candidate ,,,, mel if you have half the sense I believe you have ,go get franky boy NOW, 

in fact how smart would it be if mel saw the poss of lampard and was happy to engineer this whole rowett to stoke for 1.8 mill all along ,,

Archived