Next manager, who would you like in charge?

B4ev6is

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can’t see how Paul Simpson is favourite. Poor record in club management. Lots of ex players getting mentioned. None of them have a track record as successful managers. Let’s not be so short sighted, there’s a big world out there. We don’t need to pick from ex players and managers only. For what it’s worth Warburton: Cook : Smith all good shouts for me. I don’t know who has advised Mel ( if anyone) over his managerial dealings. But FFS get a new advisor in before the interviews. 

Paul Simpson now odds on with Betvictor, not sure it takes much on these markets for the odds to shrink but clearly somebody has wagered a few quid.

Lets hope an appointment happens quickly to give us a full preseason

What's Lee Carsley doing at the moment?

Some horrendous suggestions - didn't think so much **** could be written in 20 pages!

Allardyce, Bilic, Wassall, Billy Davies, Clough Jnr, Lampard etc etc. 

Given the limited resources likely to be available and the need to bring through 2 or 3 of the academy players then I'd go with Dean Smith or Paul Cook, with Jodie Morris as a gamble which might be worth taking,

There are some horrors out there who are available. With some of them it's no wonder they are available. Let's hope that these ignominious candidates do not make the dance off. It may be that many have pointed this out previously, and I do believe it is true, but Derby have never had a manager in their history who isn't either English or Scottish. So, is the time to break with this "tradition" and appoint an exotic manager from a foreign land? And, no, Coleman does not count. I would like it to be someone like Oscar Garcia or Quique Sanchez Flores (if only to continually think we've got Hugh Laurie as a manager).

Well we've got 3 options as I see it.

1- we appoint Wassall on a short term see how you do contract and if it fails you can go back to the academy. Would cost nothing, knows our youth and the players, is loyal but inexperienced isn't everyone at the start though? At least we played decent football under him.

2- warburton or carvahal both out of work so free to give a contract too. Both experienced and play decent football from what I've seen. Cheap options as out of work.

3- go for  smith or cook style manager that play good football but will cost us in compensation. Has Mel got the appetite to waste money on compowhen FFP is tight, allegedly.

26 minutes ago, Bubblegumm said:

Stefano Eranio, could be a problem trying to get him away from the A.C. Milan youth team and his faux pas while on pundit duty on Swiss T.V. But he would bring with him knowledge of the game, contacts, he could also bring with him some of the youth players who have graduated from he youth academy and he knows he club and is loved by he fans. Who doesn’t remember Eranio in a derby shirt? If you don’t then ask you dad or google him.

Don’t want him, don’t want someone I revere and herald as the best player to wear a rams shirt that I’ve seen tarnished when it doesn’t work out or he moves on to better things. 

Am amused to see the suggestions for Stimac/Wanchope/Eranio etc. We have an old boy from that team in charge now, doesn't seem to have a) impressed the fans or b) kept him here for the long term (if the rumours turn out to be true). Also got no interest in a big name ex-player coming - let Lampard make his mistakes at Ipswich.

If Rowett goes, I think the next appointment has to be someone with a track record of producing attractive football. Its clear that a certain faction of Derby fans were not going to relent on Rowett, even if we'd gone up & another similar type of manager will cause the same boring 'results v style' schisms. Be warned though, promotion this way will take time & we can forget going up next season because the squad as it stands is simply not capable of playing that way.

I like the idea of Mark Warburton as a replacement - plays the right way & seems to recruit based on youth & potential. Was impressed with Forest when we beat them at PP.

1 hour ago, superrams23 said:

Steve bold, good contacts knows how to work with young players and would give us the football we desire 

That the same Steve Bould who always sat motionless whenever Arsenal needed a kick up the backside, and who learnt his trade from the most stubborn man in football???

No thanks...

1 minute ago, Whitefield said:

What’s the clamour for Wassall? The mans a tool.

And has provided zilch for the first team from the academy, despite all the money ploughed into it, we need a whole new management structure from top to bottom.

Our best prospect can’t even get in Shrewsbury’s starting 11.

Just now, philmycock said:

And has provided zilch for the first team from the academy, despite all the money ploughed into it, we need a whole new management structure from top to bottom.

Our best prospect can’t even get in Shrewsbury’s starting 11.

Exactly. Tell you what, whoever comes in could do with freshening the academy management up.

Archived