Next manager, who would you like in charge?

B4ev6is

1. Cook / Warburton - either would be my top choice but cook just edging it for me I think he would do an excellent job

2. Oscar Garcia

3. Mad mick - knows the division better than his own wife probably, mad as a box of frogs. Could do for Derby what Colin did for Cardiff 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Derbados said:

1. Cook / Warburton - either would be my top choice but cook just edging it for me I think he would do an excellent job

2. Oscar Garcia

3. Mad mick - knows the division better than his own wife probably, mad as a box of frogs. Could do for Derby what Colin did for Cardiff 

1 & 2 yes....3 defo NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bookies guessing at the moment- think of a name :)

Paul Simpson 4/7

Igor Stimac 4

Mick Mccarthy 8

Kevin Phillips 10

Darren Wassall 16

Mark Warburton 16

Alex Neil 20

Frank Lampard 20

Gary Johnson 20

Michael Appleton 20

Nigel Clough 20

Paul Lambert 20

Alan Pardew 25

David Moyes 25

Nigel Pearson 25

Oscar Garcia 25

Sam Allardyce 25

Tim Sherwood 25

Danny Cowley 33

Dave Jones 33

Derek Mcinnes 33

Garry Monk 33

Gianfranco Zola 33

Harry Redknapp 33

Martin Jol 33

Martin ONeill 33

Michael Laudrup 33

Mike Phelan 33

Neil Lennon 33

Phil Brown 33

Simon Grayson 33

4 hours ago, Dale The Ram said:

STIMAC!!!

If not Powell, Wassall or (unlikely) Alladyce

Part of me wants Stimac to take over, inevitably fail, and at least stop his name being mentioned every fricking time.

Yes as a player he was a talisman in a succesful era but have you seen his managerial career?

For his sole honour, a Croatian league win, he only managed them for 10 games, his mediocre spell as Croatia boss was actually even worse than it looks on paper, and any other odd jobs have been pretty much total failures. In no way is he a suitable candidate to manage us with our issues and expectations. ,`1

Why do people cling to ex players always being candidates for manager - are we hoping for a Mackay, because I'm pretty sure he had a decent side in place already.

1 minute ago, Rample said:

Part of me wants Stimac to take over, inevitably fail, and at least stop his name being mentioned every fricking time.

Yes as a player he was a talisman in a succesful era but have you seen his managerial career?

For his sole honour, a Croatian league win, he only managed them for 10 games, his mediocre spell as Croatia boss was actually even worse than it looks on paper, and any other odd jobs have been pretty much total failures. In no way is he a suitable candidate to manage us with our issues and expectations. ,`1

Why do people cling to ex players always being candidates for manager - are we hoping for a Mackay, because I'm pretty sure he had a decent side in place already.

Igor love him - manager no

4 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I would quite like maybe have wassel given chance as manager or maybe have alan curbirsly ex chartlion manager. Or maybe look at aboared for a manager who have link forgin market.

One thing for if rowett goes mel needs to act quickley to get new manager in charge.

Who would you guys like as next manager.

For what its worth,  Sam Allardyce or Neil Lennon.

Quite a few people on here saying that Mark Warburton is a "no-brainer"

Lots of you seemingly rating him quite highly. So why did it all go so sour at Forest? Surely, if he was as good as suggested, he'd still be in the job there?

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

Quite a few people on here saying that Mark Warburton is a "no-brainer"

Lots of you seemingly rating him quite highly. So why did it all go so sour at Forest? Surely, if he was as good as suggested, he'd still be in the job there?

Didn't he clash with the board because he wanted to utilise the youth which they didn't agree with?

In any case Forest are nuts - the fact it didn't work for him there means **** all.

All these names are being touted, but it's totally irrelevant as they would all be doomed to fail (or their only possible success the inevitable severance pay day). Surprised folks haven't worked out where the problem is at this club? If unsure, look for the common denominator...... 

As a fan I can spout off about who'll be a good fit as Derby's next manager. Like most fans I'm not actually knowledgeable enough to know who is the best person that Derby should sign. What worrys me is that while Mr Morris wants whats best for the club, he is still basically a fan. I hope he gets plenty of advice before appointing a new manager. Who he'll get it off I don't know, just hope its the right advice and the club finally get the manager that brings the success that we all want.

It seems our FFP position would rule out a 'name', which is a shame because Sam Allardyce would do brilliantly for me.

Similarly, if it's a clear out and wage-slash we need, I'd be back in for Nigel Clough...who probably wouldn't come either.

Warburton has lost a lot of shine with the florist job.

Simmo's worth a shout, with Chris Powell if he'd have another go? Not convinced though.

Paul Cook? Would he come if Wigan have new owners and they're having a go?

Hmm. Good luck Mel. Happy with the £2m though.

There is only one man he should be going for 

Warnock 

looks like the wage bill is being slashed not a problem for Warnock 

man will get players in who will play for the jersey be organised and win games 

quite simple really Mel 

16 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Didn't he clash with the board because he wanted to utilise the youth which they didn't agree with?

In any case Forest are nuts - the fact it didn't work for him there means **** all.

Warburton needs time as he likes youth and tries to play footy I always thought Forest got the better manager more suited to us and believe he would’ve got it right there ...he knows this division and likes to play good football ...please no to Allardyce and McCarthy !!

1 minute ago, valleyram said:

There is only one man he should be going for 

Warnock 

looks like the wage bill is being slashed not a problem for Warnock 

man will get players in who will play for the jersey be organised and win games 

quite simple really Mel 

I think he has a job with a premier league club though? 

Archived