Next manager, who would you like in charge?

B4ev6is

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, valleyram said:

There is only one man he should be going for 

Warnock 

looks like the wage bill is being slashed not a problem for Warnock 

man will get players in who will play for the jersey be organised and win games 

quite simple really Mel 

Have you missed the part where his side have been promoted and he’ll want one last shot at the big time????? 

3 minutes ago, valleyram said:

Warnock 

quite simple really Mel 

I assume he's told Craig he won't be signing him for the PL campaign then?

35 minutes ago, Yani P said:

Bookies guessing at the moment- think of a name :)

Paul Simpson 4/7

Igor Stimac 4

Mick Mccarthy 8

Kevin Phillips 10

Darren Wassall 16

Mark Warburton 16

Alex Neil 20

Frank Lampard 20

Gary Johnson 20

Michael Appleton 20

Nigel Clough 20

Paul Lambert 20

Alan Pardew 25

David Moyes 25

Nigel Pearson 25

Oscar Garcia 25

Sam Allardyce 25

Tim Sherwood 25

Danny Cowley 33

Dave Jones 33

Derek Mcinnes 33

Garry Monk 33

Gianfranco Zola 33

Harry Redknapp 33

Martin Jol 33

Martin ONeill 33

Michael Laudrup 33

Mike Phelan 33

Neil Lennon 33

Phil Brown 33

Simon Grayson 33

A right jumble of names, and I can think of a few missed out that must be more likely candidates than some included. 

Some of them are totally laughable, reappointing Clough, Pearson, Brown.. and then I thought about it and that really is the sort of thing we do.  Let's get Nige back to cut costs for 2 years and then sack him again. (I'm joking!)

I can see this going out to application/interview rather than Mel using his instinct,. then it depends who on that list is the best bullspinner in interviews I guess.

4 hours ago, LeyStand said:

To rebuild the team with not a lot of cash, then the only sensible appointment would be Clough.

When you consider, under Nigel he recruited Bryson, Martin, Forsyth, Keogh, Russell and others who were not expensive buys.

9 minutes ago, valleyram said:

Warnock 

quite simple really Mel 

Er, doesn't he manage your club? Or are you back to being a Ram again now? 

1 minute ago, G-Ram said:

No coincidence Mikel Artera decided not to join Arsenal just as the Derby Job was potentially becoming available  ??

Barking up the wrong tree there fella - Arsene's sitting there rubbing his hands with glee at today's Rowett developments....

Good news, we'd be back to playing pretty attacking football.

Bad news, we'd be sh**e in defence again.

Oh well....

8 minutes ago, Rample said:

A right jumble of names, and I can think of a few missed out that must be more likely candidates than some included. 

Some of them are totally laughable, reappointing Clough, Pearson, Brown.. and then I thought about it and that really is the sort of thing we do.  Let's get Nige back to cut costs for 2 years and then sack him again. (I'm joking!)

I can see this going out to application/interview rather than Mel using his instinct,. then it depends who on that list is the best bullspinner in interviews I guess.

...and therein lies the problem. There’s only a 0.6 correlation between a good interview and success in a job. At least twice Mel has been “swayed” by verbals in an interview {Pearson & Rowett}. Maybe Mel needs to re-think his interview questions?? 

Archived